This makes it thicker and creamier. You can also add ground flax seed, chia seeds, and sliced strawberries. Although Greek yogurt seems to be available everywhere you look, that wasn’t always the case. Avoid yogurt with packaged toppings included. But make sure to read the label. Additionally, a Journal of Nutrition analysis of 13 recent studies concluded that yogurt consumption, as part of a healthy diet, may reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes in healthy and older adults. The United States Department of Agriculture currently recommends that adults get three servings of dairy each day. ?Oh no. Share with Nintendo - £100 voucher to be won, Your questions about the Green Homes Grant have been answered by the experts from the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy and Energy Saving Trust, Talk widget showing discussions of the day & trending threads, Subscribe to Mumsnet emails direct to your inbox. This is page 1 of 1 (This thread has 11 messages.). Ditch the guessing game and check out these…. Eating yogurt every day can also help you to get another dairy serving: 8 ounces counts as one serving. Buy plain yogurt (we like it for its versatility and pure, additive-free ingredient list), and you've got a blank canvas that can handle just about anything. On SP days you can only have either Speed Food, Protein Foods, Healthy Extras or your 5-15 syns. EE is the same as Green for veggies, but with one less each of the A and B healthy extras. Recent research shows that yogurt consumption might be associated with lower levels of glucose and insulin resistance, as well as lower systolic blood pressure. Just so you know, we may earn a commission if you buy something we’ve linked to here. They also break down lactose, making yogurt a sensible dairy choice for people who are lactose-intolerant. Yogurt can be a great nutrient-dense breakfast option or an easy snack. The HeB don't need to be speed choices, but will get faster weight loss if you choose them . Also pay attention to the Nutrition Facts label. Want to start your day off right? Talk widget showing discussions of the day & trending threads, Subscribe to Mumsnet emails direct to your inbox, Free online legal clinic with Maternity Action. I did three days of it and fell off the wagon spectacularly. But better to avoid them and have quark or cottage cheese which are Protein. On SP i dont think i would last 48 hours. franno1990 had a read, i also do the overnight oats but never tried it with muller, always tend to be a bit dull and go for the natural yogurt and add the sweeteneri have been eating some melon for brekkie last couple of weeks. Also, wow at your losses! Having an extra 'B' choice on SP didn't make up for the loss of pasta, potatoes and the other 'A'. Probiotics have been shown to improve gut health. To use this feature subscribe to Mumsnet Premium - get first access to new features see fewer ads, and support Mumsnet. I only use it for making carbonara really, use it instead of fromage frais sometimes. Healthline Media does not provide medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. If you're in a rush and jonesing for a dairy fix, go for a regular packaged yogurt. Add message | Report Metformin and Pregnancy: Is This Drug Safe? If you have small losses, then SP is brilliant if done correctly. YY StepAway i was 21 stone in 2002 and got down to 10 stone 12 I put some weight back on but most of that is off now. Is that a good idea? When i cut my portion sizes in Aug/Sept 2013 i had terrible colic for five months while my stomach got used to it. My meeting is tomorrow and I know I've not done well, but I'll be staying and probably telling the consultant exactly why! many people have lost loads of weight following it and those that haven't or have put it on again are the ones who treated it as a diet and went back to old habits instead of keeping up with the lifestyle changes. It's for support ideas and helping one another to understand the SP plan. To think it had gone to someone internal. So I don't worry too much if I have an extra a or B here and there - it just means I'm basically back on Green. If you're getting hungry you're doing it wrong half the plate protein half the plate Speed plus 2 b choices is really filling. Yogurt is incredibly healthy, offering benefits for heart health, weight management and more. On SP days you can only have either Speed Food, Protein Foods, Healthy Extras or your 5-15 syns. (Three stone down - four to go). They also break down lactose, making yogurt a sensible dairy choice for people who are lactose-intolerant. I'm glad it's not just me! The odd sp day, no. Are “cheat days” when you eat anything you want, or as much as you want? No yogurts on SP synced or otherwise if you can't live without yogurt do ee but.boost it with sp meals. As it encourages you to eat plenty of speed foods and cuts out some of the higher calories free foods like pasta, potato etc which we can have a tendency to overeat. Is there anybody doing or done eesp days that would like to share recipes or how they found adjusting to that plan?. yogurts need to be synned ones not free ones on SP plan (not entirely sure why tbh but they are)Just make sure that 50% of your plate truly is protein source or you'll get hungry! Choose flavors that have no more than 10 g of sugar and 15 g of carbohydrates per serving. In fact, a week is the longest it's recommended that you stay on it, exactly because it is limited which means a) you'll struggle to stay on plan, and the whole point of SW is that it's easy to stay on track and b) you might miss out on some vital nutrients. Look for yogurts that are high in protein and low in carbohydrates. It's in the questions and answers bit in the extra easy sp feature. Taste of Home is America's #1 cooking magazine. Much appreciated for any advise please, deli I'm bumping as I am considering this too, When I'm on the so sp days I have either eggs or beans (sometimes both) on toast (heb) for breakfast, fruit and yoghurt for dinner, and for tea I do stews, casseroles, or just bolognese with out the pasta, chilli without rice, slimming world sausage and carrot and swede mash.