Clean well presented bar and accommodation and fantastic food.

Lush lawns, peaceful verandas, and intimate dining rooms dot the property and make the Inn the perfect place for wedding receptions, romantic getaways, and quiet dinners. Please reach out to me directly at jennifer@buxtoninn.com if you would be willing to give us a chance to turn your experience around. The Buxton Inn has long been recognized as one of Ohio’s most important early 19th century historic properties.

Restaurant only review:  Save your money and go to the Granville Inn or just about any other place in Granville. The inn is set back from the High Street so that coaches could pull up outside it to allow travellers to step off.

Beautiful big fluffy white towels.

Since the old owners retired and sold the place, I was curious about the changes I had heard that they had made.

Prices are the average nightly price provided by our partners and may not include all taxes and fees. We have more than 70 million property reviews, and they're all from real, verified guests.

Sorry, but it seems like something went wrong in submitting this.

Something went wrong. Since we are both history buffs, the tour ended up being a bit heavier on the history. Thank you! The entire Inn looks beautiful following the recent renovations. Again, that might be a good spot to investigate.We did get to go into one of the haunted guest rooms as well as some of the more public haunted areas.

It was once owned by Samuel Mycock who built Solomon's Temple on Grinlow hill. Highlights Rooms 7 and 9 at the Buxton Inn in their “Top 50 Most Haunted Hotels in the US”.

Free private parking available on-site. Rather than adding on to the original structure, the Orrs eventually purchased additional homes in the same block. After deliberating with our team, and under the guidance of State and Local Health Agencies, we have implemented the following protocols.

[15], The Royal Oak inn (recorded in 1857) at Nithen on Manchester Road is now a farmhouse.

Sorry, something went wrong. On arrival a very warm and welcoming staff, nothing was too much trouble, food was excellent, the room was very clean.

Furniture and decor in the room was charming. The room was comfy and attractively furnished.

15 other reviews that are not currently recommended.

Actual travel distances may vary.

The Buxton offers a sun terrace. We stayed in Granville for the weekend and ate at the Buxton Inn. It is a Grade II listed building, including its ornate iron railings with fleur-de-lys, urns and acorns design. The inn was good, but not what I was expecting.

great value for money”, “Lovely staff, very accommodating for earlier check in as we had a wedding to attend!

There are also historical records of other public houses: the Cheshire Cheese (on Macclesfield Old Road in 1842), the Fountain (on High Street in 1850s), the Fox and Hounds (on West Road), the Hatton and Holden, the Horseshoe (on Fairfield Road in 1895), the Jug and Glass (on West Road), the Manchester Arms, the Masons Arms (in 1811), the Oddfellows Arms (on High Street in 1864), the Red Lion (on Holmfield in Burbage in 1842), the Seven Stars (on High Street in 1811, called the Dog and Partridge from 1870), the Swan with Two Necks (on Windsor Road in 1827) and the White Horse (in 1790). The room was perfect -- clean and spacious. It was originally known as the New Sun Hotel and in the late 1840s as the New Inn and Yorkshire Commercial Hotel.

, colors, and antique furniture which, despite its age, was usually very comfortable. If you like history, want to scope out the place for a possible investigation, or just want a fantastic meal, I highly recommend going there.As we were leaving, the evening ended on the perfect note. The room was comfy and attractively furnished.

My friend made reservations for a group of 4 of us and we weren't aware that it was buffet style due to lack of advertising on their website; brunch is listed as a menu style and there is no mention of holiday or easter brunch at all. It would be a pleasure to welcome you back. The tavern restaurant offered a $15 grilled vegetable salad that was nothing more that bagged arugula and a few tiny pieces of cold butternut squash.Overall, an expensive, awful, sad lesson. Own or manage this property? Would highly recommend . Who better to tell others about the free breakfast, friendly staff, or quiet room than someone who’s stayed at the property before?