Forum » Main Forums » Supplements » Boron IMPORTANT; Results 1 to 10 of 10 Thread: Boron IMPORTANT. Careful with Boron as it seriously depletes Riboflavin (Vitamin B2). However, as already said I used 44 mg of zinc, about 6 mg of boron and about 270 mg of nettle root extract during last 8 years. For these goals of lower SHBG, higher free T, better thyroid function, would it make sense to avoid Flax seed (very high in polyphenols) + Soy products, or are these less likely to affect my numbers while promoting cardiovascular health? Serum levels went down from 76 to 75 µg/dl (73 - 127 normal range) in 8 long years. Would suggest to start with more reasonable priced options, and then repeat only with problematic ones. Ten were given a 2.5-mg boron supplement while 9 were given a placebo every day for 7 weeks. It's possible that boron works by progesterone metabolism so adding progesterone increases boron's effects and duration. The following are quotes by Dr. William Walsh, Director of Research and Executive Director at The Pfeiffer Treatment Centre, on his view on hair analysis interpretation. Not at all. All the other users here are blabbering on about the most irrelevant or ill informed thinking. crap. Though not all are very reliable, but that isn't that much different with serum tests either. As usual you are posting garbage. Boron and zinc only seems to work for a week and then it doesn't work anymore. Even D3, zinc and copper are done that way. I recently did a hormone panel and saw my sex hormone binding globulin was at 76 nmol/L (in the RED) on a reference scale of 10 - 57. 25(OH)D3 serum is 27,98. on workout days (2-3x/wk), then do L-OptiZinc (or Zn Carnosine?) Edited by pamojja, 30 May 2017 - 02:09 PM. So read my posts instead. An ideal supplement plan - especially not concerned about short term highs but long term outcome - has to be based on testing, not guessing. Boron health benefits includes arthritis prevention, support embryonic development, improve the levels of estrogen, helps increase bone density, improve testosterone levels, help in cancer treatment and help in blood clotting prevention, enhancing cognitive abilities, reducing chances of fungal infections. I see Genova has an Elemental RBC test for $335... but I don't know if I'm $300+ interested in seeing what they come up with. In my case my GP does test for all 3 in serum once in a while. The effect of boron supplementation was investigated in 19 male bodybuilders ages 20-27 years. You can doubt as much as you want, but I do enter all my supplements used and lab tests in a spreadsheet. 5777 N Meeker Ave, Boise, ID 83713-1520 USA, http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/univ/ghmax.html, Powerlifting Workouts - Training Journals, Post Your Pictures and Introduce Yourself. The amounts of supplements of course varied, usually always starting at the lowest possible dose increasing gradually over years to find the optimal dose (not by feeling, but by comparing to laboratory results), so the amounts taken stated here are of course only average per day for the last 8 years. I have been taking 5 mg/day for 3.5 years as part of an osteoporosis protocol and have had no problems. Are there any ideal forms or timing strategies with exercise, insulin, and sex hormones in mind? I'm starting to think maybe it's best I don't add it for now, but I'm not sure how important it is to take all the vit. I say this after (a) evaluating more than 100,000 hair analyses, (b) developing the first high-quality hair standards (loaned to NIH and other researchers), and © performing numerous double-blind, controlled experiments involving hair chemistries. I've never checked. In a healthy person without a metal-metabolism problem, only about 4% of excreted Zn leaves through the kidneys.”, “I've done hair analysis proficiency testing for more than 25 years. Strontium has a history of strange results since typical levels are close to the detection limit for most labs.”, “Cu/Zn ratios in hair are very helpful in ADHD and behavior disorders..... but far less useful in ASD, depression, and schizophrenia.”, “I have no idea why the elevated Na & K levels in hair are associated with genius.”. I'm thinking I'll do something like heavy resistance exercise on Sat / Wed then increase carb consumption on these days and stack the boron with the zinc with the carbs. 1 week, just like glycine for sleep and a thousand other supplements. There are some supplements containing 10mg of Boron (200mg Boron Citrate=10mg Boron) saying it raises testosterone. levels are likely back to normal and there is no further improvement since more doesn't mean better here. Repleting them carefully - though in many case not fully successful yet - earned me a reversal of a 60% walking disability due to that health issue (PAD). ), since I might actually be getting less sunlight now that it's starting to get very hot outside -- I'm thinking in the winter I'll run the SpectraCell Micronutrient panel and that'll check Zinc, Copper, D3... then I might stack a hair panel on top if I take the initiative to let my hair grow out for a month or so. Or cofactors (eg. I've evaluated more than 30,000 hair analyses and in my experience high aluminum levels usually cannot be replicated with repeat testing.”, “Uranium is an analysis that I have very little confidence in. © 2020 Bodybuilding.com. Boron increases D3 absorption by a large amount (see Examine for study) which can lead to hypervitaminosis D/hypercalcemia which I was diagnosed with after using 12mg boron for a couple of months along with 10000iu D3 daily. Same with boron. Prophylactically, I'm going to add back in 2000iu of D3 with breakfast (maybe with 100mcg of MK7 with the D3 in the morning rather than before bed? It doesn't budge around much no matter what I do. Would contact the HTMA lab itself, for how much experience they have with pubic hair or even nail clippings, and how well their reference ranges have been validated. When they say it raises estrogen, they're talking about Estrodial which is one of the estrogens associated with breast cancer. So maybe worthwhile to shop around for better prices? The cheapest option, of course, would be to run a trial of zinc and boron, pretty harmless at the doses you intent, and just test SHBG after 2-3 months again. Your testosterone issues have no relevance to mineral deficiencies or excessive minerals. The first 19 days, it had no effect on my RA.