Opposite grip pull-ups—one palm facing away and one palm facing toward you—mimic the hand position most commonly found in grappling or wrestling. A good trick is to eat all the healthy foods on your tray and afterwards go around looking for leftovers to help fill you up. So how do they do it? This serves as your interval rest period. "So now what?" Add it to the pile, then perform three squat reps. After a four-month keto-style diet, however, I was 195 pounds and quite lean. We’ve got your new favorite high-protein breakfast option. I am 30 years old and was incarcerated at Terminal Island Federal Prison in Southern California from 2006 until November 2010. In this case, two cards in the pile equals two reps. Squat down to pick up the third card. One way I found is asking for earplugs if they allow them which will help out alot. You can also do plenty of exercises with your own bodyweight such as push ups, crunches, leg raises, supermans, bridges, bench dips, air bike, freehand jump squat, and glute kickbacks. In either case, you should finish the pull-ups within 15 minutes. In my jail, getting enough sleep is very difficult. The chin-up variation—palms facing toward you—offers T-shirt-popping biceps training. For face cards—jack, queen, and king—do 10 push-ups. As a functional exercise, lunges are hard to beat because they mimic the movement of a grappling takedown. Other Resources 9/23/2005 9/23/2005. Each of these prison workouts should take 30 minutes or less. I wrote this article sitting in a jail cell with the hopes that other bodybuilders survive while being locked up. On your last meal of the day, try to eat fibrous or complex carbs because they will help you sleep better. You must be logged in to post a comment Individuals... Say goodbye to frozen waffles. When travelling, a towel under an open door serves to produce a stable base for wrapping your fingers around the top of the door and getting in some pull-ups. The complaint about the Jailhouse Method is that the difficulty in the beginning of the workout can be overwhelming, and that the ease at the end of the workout is not challenging. An additional benefit of pull-ups is that they can be completed in a number of ways, each of which targets different muscles while offering a means to stave off mental fatigue. Once completed, you will have done 380 push-ups. Books, drawers, shoes are all good alternatives to dumbells if you don`t have access to any. Unlike the Jailhouse Method, the Juarez Valley Method is, well, like a valley.