Gin lover? Step 1. <3. Make me a glass! « Gluten Free Whole Grain Bread: Artisan Bread with Video, Southern Fried Corn Cakes (Gluten Free Option) ». Beautiful! Two Apple Spinach Salad with Aged Cheddar and Candied Pecans. Filed Under: Cocktails and Drinks Tagged With: blueberries, gin. There were a few leftover blueberries and in a fit of ‘waste not, want not’ I decided I would use them up in a cocktail. And thus the Blueberry Gin Sour was born. I know right? Try muddling them, or use whole as garnish. Frustrated with the mess in the house (epic), the lack of proper kitchen (currently inevitable), the gloomy days and lack of decent light which makes blog photography very hard…. It was originally made simply with gin and lime juice. Comment document.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "afd7a6f2aad2df00cbbf9d7209e432e5" );document.getElementById("cad3d21a39").setAttribute( "id", "comment" ); Hi, I am Lucy Parissi, the recipe developer, food  photographer and author behind Supergolden Bakes. No need to feel frustrated nor helpless my dear! Blueberry is not very common in drinks, which makes it … It's adjusting to the winter light and my very limited space I am using currently. When water is at a boil, add diced strawberries, and simmer until the strawberries are very soft. Which reminds me must get some Pisco… I really mean it when I say seeing you made me feel more inspired. Muddle the blueberries, lemon juice and sugar (or sugar syrup). Beautiful photography as usual and thank you for your kind words. Required fields are marked *. We must have some sort of connection after all! Lucy, honestly, these pictures look absolutely beautiful! 48,590 suggested recipes. If you have shaken without ice now is the time to add plenty of ice and shake again to chill your drink. But I know that feeling, sometimes we strive for perfection and it's hard when things don't turn out the way we imagined. It is … this looks & sounds soooo good! Step 1. Shake your cocktail with plenty of ice first. Add the muddled blueberries into your shaker. xxx, I love sour cocktails – so easy and just completely addictive. Thanks Gemma… I am definitely riding a new learning curve when it comes to blog photography. Bourbon, Bitters, Lemon, and homemade blueberry simple syrup come together to make the summery blueberry old fashioned cocktail. Store in refrigerator. The gimlet is a classic cocktail that dates back to the 20s. This can be done in a rocks glass as in the video or directly in your cocktail shaker. More Blueberry Recipes from Spinach Tiger, Modish Taste | How to Make a Blueberry Old Fashioned Cocktail. Make any final adjustments: do you need to add more lemon juice? I mean, you outdo yourself with each new post. Add the gin and egg white and shake without ice. The pictures, the colours, the sound of that gin – is it strange that i was drawn to this at 9.19am?!! Berry Kombucha Cocktail Pork. Julia, if you are reading this, you helped much more than you know. Add plenty of ice into your shaker and shake for 30 seconds. This variation adds a slightly sweet, fruity hit to the ordinary tart cocktail. blueberries, lime sparkling water, gin, ice, lime juice, blueberries and 3 more. This gorgeous Blueberry Gin Sour is the perfect balance of sweet and tart. To combat my feelings of helplessness I made a blueberry cake today – for no other reason other than I NEEDED some cake. Your email address will not be published. I also find using eggs as opposed to pasteurised egg whites is a big deal! If you want a really smooth cocktail then strain the pulp first and use the juice only in the cocktail… A very nice ending for those leftover blueberries and a real creative shot in the arm for me. Have got no blueberries in , What a gorgeous cocktail! Strain into a rocks glass filled with ice or a chilled coupe glass without ice if you prefer. Take through a sieve. Blueberry Martini. I am feeling so thirsty now but the sun's not yet over the yard arm. Top blueberry-juice-cocktail recipes just for you Explore more recipes . Beautiful. Blueberry and Soda The Blueberry and Soda is a clear colored drink recipe made from Burnett's blueberry vodka and club soda, and served over ice in a rocks glass. Muddle the blueberries, lemon juice and sugar (or sugar syrup). Wordpress VPS. If you want a really smooth cocktail, strain the muddled blueberries and extract the juice before adding to your shaker. Decorate with a slice of lemon peel. You inspired me with your amazing bar tending skills! HAVE YOU MADE MY BLUEBERRY GIN SOUR RECIPE? Post a photo on my Facebook page, share it on Instagram, or save it to Pinterest with the tag #supergoldenbakes and make my day! Try my refreshing Cucumber Martini, I have been so frustrated lately. Powered by WordPress. Real eggs all the way, Good ol' Ikea is the source of the glases : ). I know that I should somehow suck it up and get through this but, honestly, I felt a severe lack of blogging mojo this week. Add the strained cocktail back into the shaker and shake again without any ice – this creates a more foamy ‘head’ on your drink. I spent a fortune once drinking Pisco Sours at the Savoy hotel. Using a fresh egg white, as opposed to pasteurised egg white from a carton, will also create a better foam. Blueberry juice takes center stage in this fantastic vodka blueberry martini. READ MORE. This (called a dry shake) will cause the egg white to foam up more but it’s not essential. and gorgeous pics too. Plus, blueberry, lemon, and gin are a match made in heaven! Heat water, sugar, blueberries together to a boil. Strain the cocktail into two rocks glasses filled with ice. Must have coffee soon?! Fruit Tart Sobre Dulce y Salado. I employed some of your techniques on the cocktail photos : ), Your email address will not be published. Looking for a refreshing gin cocktail? Step 4. Then added a few frozen blueberries to float on top, along with a strip of lemon peel. Taste your cocktail by dipping a straw into the shaker. Step 2. If you are looking for easy sweet and savoury recipes that are packed with flavour you have come to the right place! The Blueberry Alias cocktail is made from Stoli Blueberi blueberry vodka, blueberry syrup and lime juice, and served in a chilled cocktail glass. Blueberry bundt cake with blueberry lemon glaze, Blueberry Waffles with Whipped Coconut Cream. October 12, 2014 by Lucy Parissi 19 Comments. Lush, requires a good shake to froth it though – the 30 secs make all the difference!! Peruvian aguadito – quinoa, chicken & coriander soup ». Sour cocktails are just the best. Lucy, your styling/photography continues to inspire me. Put the blueberries, lemon juice, simple syrup (or sugar) in a glass or measuring jug and muddle with the back end of a rolling pin (or a muddler). Strain the cocktail and discard the ice. Your email address will not be published. Drinks & cocktails with Blueberry. x, Definitely – lets put something in the diary, Everything you do looks so beautiful! The Blueberry Gimlet contains gin, lime juice, simple syrup and obviously blueberries! Add the gin, bitters and egg white and shake vigorously to foam up the egg white. This looks divine, Such a lovely colour! Step 3. Lucy, you will laugh but I made a cognac sour today and will be posting soon. lime wedges, large strawberries, raspberries, white rum, GT’s Gingerberry kombucha and 4 more. The Old Fashioned Cocktail is a favorite around this house. You can serve this drink up or down on the rocks. Look at that bright gorgeous fuchsia color! That was a fun night! Get your personalized results . I think I need to step back and feel inspired again and meeting up with fellow food blogger Julia (of Vikalinka) this week and sharing our frustrations helped enormously. Blueberries give a wonderful color, but they also taste very well. Put everything in the shaker with some ice, give it a good shaking, then pour through a strainer to take out the berry pulp. Your email address will not be published. How to make a blueberry gin sour. If you aren’t familiar with her blog do yourselves a favour and check it out – she is one very talented last. Strain into a rocks glass with ice or a martini glass. This can be done in a rocks glass as in the video or directly in your cocktail shaker. If you want a really smooth cocktail then strain the pulp first and use the juice only in the cocktail. Blueberry gin sour cocktail: refreshing, pretty, and the perfect balance of sweet and tart. Be careful as the egg white will expand and your shaker might leak.