Exploring and Learning about Japanese Food and Culture on the West Coast. Everything You Need to Know About Giant King Crab, How to Make Sure You Buy Fresh Alaskan King Crab, The Ultimate Guide to Alaska Fish Delivery, How to Order Salmon Online Without Breaking the Bank, The Best Places to Buy Fresh Seafood Online, Everything You Need to Know about Smoked Seafood. How Much King Crab Per Person Should You Expect? If you are a Japanese restaurant or a business selling Japanese products, please feel free to reach out to us to see how we can help with your business contact us here. I love food and culture, but I am no writer which is why I hope you grade me on a curve for effort (that D+ in high school and college didn't earn itself). There are three main types of king crab sold online. Blue king crab are concentrated in areas like St. Matthew and Pribilof Islands in the Bering Sea. Well, hopefully this helps, and if you buy some crab, let me know how it went. Well, whatever I do, I might make some updates on any new details here. The ad I am being fed is by AlaskanKingCrab.com, and from the domain name, it looks like they are a big deal since their domain name is not AlaskanKingCrab1234.net. Online prices range from $60 to $70 per pound for king crab legs. Red king crab makes up about 75% of the supply, so that is what sells consistently. Steamed crabs now available on request. Enter your email address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email. Old Bay or J.O Spice can be added for $8.00. Their tastes are comparable, though blue king is slightly sweeter. (877) 552-4467. This makes it difficult to pin down an exact price per pound. Ramen Heroes or Ramen Zeroes? ©OISHII DESU 2016-2018. Offering a buttery taste and a savory finish, blue king crab is a delightful catch. List Price: $ 39.99 Our Price: $ 29.99 per LB. However, if you’re lucky to find blue king, we recommend buying it up. A Review of the Ramen Hero Brand/Business. View all posts by Greg Taniguchi. Company Name and Type of King Crab Price Per Pound; AlaskanKingCrab.com, super colossal red king crab legs: $71.66 per lb: Alaskan-Seafood.com, giant king crab legs: $49.98 per lb: CameronsSeafood, colossal king crab legs: $66.33 per lb: CaptainJacksAlaska.com, red king crab legs and claws: $39.99 per lb: CrabPlace.com, colossal king crab … ... BLUE CRAB MEAT BACKFIN 454g FRESH $44.05. The Vendors are a Split of East Coast and Alaska Based CompaniesRegardless of where they are headquartered, with today’s logistics infrastructure, none of that really matters anymore. It is uncommon to find blue Alaskan king crab for sale throughout the year. Small. This makes it difficult to pin down an exact price per pound. Well, I can’t be fresh with the way I dress, but I intend on having my crab be fresh. This is how much Alaskan King Crab.com chargers per pound by type to an entire/whole crab. The only reason I am considering it is that many of the online sellers claim to be fresher than the grocery store, and one such seller is Cameron’s who claims to be 3-days fresher. Blue Alaskan king crab stays true to the king crab flavor profile with just an added touch of sweetness. Product Description: The finest blue crab meat available in the world today. There are a few differences, but in general, blue king crab legs are thinner than red king crab. Fishers use traps to catch blue king crab given their depth. However, historic data about blue king crab price gives us a rough idea. $12.00. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Fishers hit the waters diligently during the active season to get the supply they need for the year. Per Pound… This is the part I put a lot of emphasis on because I want to know if these companies are a family owned business or person with passion, or simply a faceless corporate entity out there to trawl your money. I highly recommend that you not purchase products solely based on price because service is a huge factor from turnaround times to shipping costs. My Cart: 0 items ... $ 29.99 per EACH (minimum order 1 EACH) Dungeness Crab ( Live) $ 29.99 per EACH (minimum order 1 EACH) Dungeness Crab (Cooked) $ 39.99 per LB. This extremely rare crab type is delicious, and it’s relatively easy to have it shipped to your door. Awwwww crap, looks like I failed with my layout, and I probably have to do some tweaking because per pound, I think they are competitively priced. Online or in grocery stores, the price you pay as a consumer is much higher. $ 250.00 per … $30.00. Steamed Free! Any of those rates fall lower than red king crab … In generally, suppliers pre-cook and flash freeze the crab within hours of it being out of water. First off, it was slightly confusing because it’s not just one type of “Alaskan king crab” and according to Fishex.com, these are the varieties of Alaskan King crab. Also, not everybody has the same product line up, so the pricing is not exactly and apples to apples comparison although I did try and compare all vendors to the super colossal red king crab legs. DUE TO INCREASED DEMAND, ORDERS MAY BE DELAYED. price per dozen. Since the crab will be near frozen when it arrives, you should thaw the crab before preparing it. My research this time around is on the slightly lazy end because aside from shipping costs, I would want to know if there is an actual/substantial quality difference although that takes a lot of work and money on my end to find that out. King Crab Legs X-JUMBO (10 POUNDS): ... Price: $420.00 ($2.63 / Ounce) FEDEX OVERNIGHT Red King Crab From Alaska 10 POUNDS of Legs X-JUMBO SIZE Approx 1-2 Legs per Pound New (3) from … Clean and pure is always best. By the way, SERPS stands for “Search Engine Results Page,” and these are the partial results (4) ads and (8) rankings on Google: SimilarWeb is not the most accurate site traffic analytics tool, but I use it just to get a basic idea where these companies stand. Prepare it as you would other king crabs to enhance the natural flavor and keep seasoning to a minimum. Blue Alaskan king crab live in deeper and colder conditions than red king crabs. Jumbo. If you try searching for Alaskan blue king crab price per pound, you might not find a lot of information. Imports of golden king crab … However, historic data about blue king crab price gives us a rough idea. Stone Crab. Blue king crab for sale is often sold under the name of red king crab, so it might make sense to double-check with your provider to see what you’re buying. So flippin’ yummy! I wouldn’t have expected Costco to be pricier! Frozen Seafood. The market price per pound has fluctuated from as low as $3.38 to $4.98 since 2010. Large. Alaskankingcrab.com provides next day shipping of orders of $200 or more, but they are upwards of $60 per pound vs Costco’s $38 (yet you have to buy 10lbs vs. 3lbs). *Orders ship Monday to Wednesday overnight with Dry Ice if received before 11am EST. Blue king crabs also have a large right claw used to hunt their prey. Jumbo. Sidenote: both Alaskan Seafood and Great Alaska have the same word for word policy, so they either copy and pasted their policies, or they are both affiliated with each other? Everything You Need to Know About Blue Alaskan King Crab. The vast majority of the turnaround times are same day, and when it comes to free shipping, it is typically over a certain weight (8lbs) or dollar amount ($100-$200). Product List. Well, Here They Are, Where to Buy Japanese Ingredients and Kitchen Products Online in the United States, These Are the Top Places to Buy Alaskan King Crab Online and How They Compare to Each Other, Japanese Knives and Which Brands are Out to Deceive You, The "Best" Japanese Soy Sauce (Shoyu) Brands, The 10 Best Authentic Japanese Sushi Bars in Orange County, CA, Does Momosan Tonkotsu Ramen by Iron Chef Morimoto Stack Up to the Real Deal, Here are My Top 5 Favorite Types of Wagyu Beef including "Kobe Beef", Why Yoshinoya America Sucks Compared to Yoshinoya Globally (Japan to Hong Kong). Damn! ... half pound Lump Blue Crab Meat 2 tablespoon … Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. 23 In Stock Quantity: Save . The market price per pound has fluctuated from as low as $3.38 to $4.98 since 2010. As we said earlier, red king crab typically encompasses both. Any of those rates fall lower than red king crab which lingers near $7.00 per pound. They ship the crab in insulated boxes, sometimes with dry ice to ensure the product stays cold. I had to compare prices with either my local market or at the very least to Costco. They offer FREE overnight shipping on orders over $200 or more, so this is how much you have to order based upon their product sizes. Frozen Seafood\Shrimp. Live Blue Crab. I love to research the stories behind the companies, and many of the companies below have a good one (well, the companies willing to divulge it versus a clinical corporate approach). It’ll be fun to test it out. Learn how your comment data is processed. Best prices online. (minimum order 1 pound) King Crab Legs . As we said earlier, red king crab typically encompasses both. If you find blue crab online, you can expect to enjoy your meal the very next day. Live Blue Crab. I’m just not sure of the product quality which might not make it an apples to apples to comparison, along with not knowing how much of what you are paying, goes to the cost of shipping. We went to Delaware on a beercation last fall (Dogfish Head), and the crab there stole the show. Red king crab out of Russia is up 13.5 percent through August and Blue king crab (which is typically sold in the U.S. as a red king crab equivalent) is up 144.6 percent out of Russia. Smoked Fish. Dungeness crab, king crab, rock crab, snow crab, King Crab and blue crab. A great selection of various crab from around the world King crab, snow crab, crab claws, crab meat, frozen crab, fresh crab, sustainable crab. on These Are the Top Places to Buy Alaskan King Crab Online and How They Compare to Each Other, Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window), Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window), Sign the Petition to Make Yoshinoya Great Again, A Small Japanese Village Produces the Best Yuzu Ponzu in the World, and You Need It, What are the Most Common Japanese Ramen Toppings? So, I plan on going with either AlaskanKingCrab.com, OR I might just go with snow crab with either MaineLobsterNow.com ($19.99 which was not in stock at the time of this posting), to Cameron’s ($119/3lbs). Fresh Seafood. The two best-known types are Alaskan red king crab and blue Alaskan king crab. BLUE CRAB … The king crab fishing season stretches from October to January. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to GREG TANIGUCHI and OISHII DESU with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.