Drizzle a bit of olive oil on top and bake it in the oven until the cheese is melted and the crust is golden brown and crispy. The blue cheese and pear are a perfect match, and how fun and easy it is to grill pizza! If using a pizza peel, spread a little semolina on it, to prevent the pizza base from sticking to it. Stretch out the pizza dough. Thinly slice the mozzarella and spread all over the pizza base. Grill 3 to 5 minutes, until cheese is melted and crust is crispy. Slice the pears as thin as you can. Heat grill to medium. Meanwhile, combine the garlic, Dijon mustard, rosemary, and vinegar in a food processor or blender. Electric Blue Food – Kitchen stories from abroad, blue cheese, dessert pizza, gourmet pizza, pear and blue cheese, pizza bianca. Start by spreading out the mozzarella slices all over the pizza base. My name is Eva and I am a photographer and food enthusiast based in the middle of Sweden. Most people in fact expect their pizzas with tomato sauce. Put about 3 or 4 slices of pear on each pizza. I generally do not prep the cheese in advance. Sounds like dessert material? With a rolling pin, roll out dough to two 8-inch circles, approximately 1/8-inch thick. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Like the fact that the absence of one of the key ingredients everybody expects must mean we’re experimenting something fancier. Bake the pizza in the preheated oven at 250°C until the cheese has melted and the crust has taken a golden hue. One of my favourite pizza bianca toppings is sautéed leeks and mascarpone. Some prefer to end their meal with some gourmet cheese, others with fruits. Finish it with a bit of the thick balsamic vinegar. Remove from grill, cut into wedges and serve. She also develops recipes, photographs food and writes for a variety of companies, websites and publications. Stretch out the dough, aiming for a round shape. Lori Lange is a former elementary school teacher who traded the classroom for the kitchen when she founded the blog RecipeGirl.com in 2006, which houses over 3,000 original and adapted recipes. A thinner crust that leaves more room to savour all the flavours is a better choice in this case. Pear and blue cheese pizza is quite a delicacy in Italy. Go for fairly thin slices. This way, when the pizza goes in, both the stone and the overall oven temperature will be very hot. Turn over. Your email address will not be published. Add some red onion and sprinkle it with some pieces of blue cheese. Put about 3 or 4 slices of pear on each pizza. Finish off with a good drizzle of olive oil. I come from northern Italy so I belong to the thin crust team. Fancy a pear and blue cheese pizza as dessert? Coat lightly with oil. Well, pizzerias in Italy and also abroad have started including sweet pizza on their dessert menu. They’re perfect together. Gourmet pizza bianca topped with ripe pears, blue cheese and chopped pecans. Hi! Required fields are marked *. I'm Lori Lange, recipe developer, cookbook author, and Mom. We want to taste a little pear at every bite, rather than just having some bites that taste a lot like pear and others where it’s absent. The sweetness of the vinegar, the salty cheese and the sweet-sour pear make an irresistible couple. But is it such a strange thing? The flavours of the topping are very delicate, and you don’t want to overwhelm them with a lot of bread at every bite. Grill about 2 minutes, until dough bubbles and begins to char on the bottom. Most commonly, pear blue cheese pizza is served as pizza bianca, that is to say without a tomato sauce. Me too! Your email address will not be published. Enjoy over 3,000 recipes, entertaining tips, and travel adventures! For the honey balsamic reduction: Once the pizza has gone in the oven, I like to start my honey balsamic reduction. You can obviously suit this pear and blue cheese pizza to your preference and go for a thicker pizza if you wish. While the first pizza bakes, proceed to top the second dough. Tomato is definitely not a match in this ingredient combination. Ripe pears lend their sweetness to complement the strong flavour of the blue cheese. Yield: 2 (8-inch) pizzas, cut into bite-sized pieces If using a pizza stone, spread some semolina on the pizza peel to prevent the dough from sticking to it. Pear blue cheese pizza is such an elegant and well-balanced pizza topping option. Carefully lift dough directly onto the grill rack. Combine blue cheese with ripe pear and chopped pecans and there you have it: ingredients worth of a dessert plate. Close grill cover or tent with foil. If you only want to make one pear and blue cheese pizza, halve the ingredients and enjoy the leftover half pear and half mozzarella in a salad the following day!eval(ez_write_tag([[300,250],'electricbluefood_com-banner-1','ezslot_8',111,'0','0'])); A cheese platter with some nice marmalades is, indeed, a dessert option. For some reason, pizza bianca seems to fall into the more “gourmet” side of the pizza spectrum. … Spring onion potato salad with cilantro mayo. Next, crumble or lay the blue cheese on top of the pear.