Check Section-10.7 (part 5) Certificate under Clause 7(A). The property itself is ok, but the road becomes inundated. Can i get fast SEPP approval for Granny flat? This clause lists the severity of flooding. endobj 7 0 obj My property is located in a flood zone, low hazard 1%AEP and freeboard. If it says the site is medium or low risk flooding, this is good. Flooding under the Hornsby Development Control Plan 2013 which encourages development that is located and designed to minimise the risk to life, property, and the environment from flooding. Highly recommend the team from Granny Flat Approvals for any Granny Flat to be built anywhere in Australia. Thank so much. The zoning applied to a property tells you what the land can be used for. It’s 6 months after completion and we are happy. I would highly recommend them should you want information about grant flat feasibility or building one. Once we have this done, we can check the site’s levels (NGL) against the Flood Info Report from Council to see how high (FFL) above the natural ground we need to build your granny flat. The affected area is usually shaded blue. NGL (Natural Ground Level): An existing level at any given point on your land. Thank you for making my experience such a positive and memorable one. Just be sure to invest in the crucial checks I’ve written about in this flooding guide and you” be the smartest investor in the pool. My house is ” Low Flood risk precinct” that is results on online search in Council website.. I would use their service in the future to buold my granny flat!!!! street numbering <> I’ve been meaning to write a guide on how to get granny flats approved in flood prone land for a long time now but, to be honest, I’ve been dreading it a little. If it also states the site is affected by Overland Flooding’ or that it’s in a ‘Flow Path’, your property won’t qualify for fast SEPP compliance. 2. x��W�n7}���2�(��� �dj��iU��Ց��B��}g(����[�0��r�Ù3W�Ϟ�w�ۭx�z|��.o������d��n?�?�^�������a�~�FLfS1Y������n8 ��D@�� There is an existing Shed approx 14mx8m x 4m high at the rear of the property and a medium/high flood risk rating. We need to carry out the following additional work: 1. Thanks to Faraj, Zoe and the team once again. Council Flood Info Advice: ranges from $0 to $200, 4. This is usually required in an overland flow path. The PMF is about 700mm above the slab level of the shed, The shed is approx 300mm-500mm off the boundaries. She was quick, professional and has the background experience to cater to my needs. <>>> He also laid out all options if we decide to knock down our garage & rebuild. In these cases the cost of your granny flat slab foundations may increase as follows: 2. Penrith council have told me that I cannot build a granny flat on my block as they have put a limit on the number of people able to live in Emu Plains due to flooding & not being able to evacuate them if it ever flooded.For the life of me I can’t work it out.I can build as many bedrooms & bathrooms as long as they are attached to my house but no free standing dwelling.Have you ever come across this & how do I approach granny flat building?