Using parchment overhang, lift cake from pan and serve. ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder (42g) This recipe is a keeper for me. Visit Lindsey | Dolly and Oatmeal 's profile on Pinterest. For this ultra-dark chocolate banana bread, I had the opportunity to partner with HERSHEY’S Kitchens again to highlight one of my favorite baking “secret weapons” I've been using for years when making chocolate desserts. Bon Appétit may earn a portion of sales from products that are purchased through our site as part of our Affiliate Partnerships with retailers. It will emulsify when the dry ingredients are added. Imagine your favorite moist banana bread and the most chocolatey chocolate cake mixed together. In another large bowl, combine sugar, butter, egg and egg yolk, buttermilk or sour cream, and vanilla until smooth. Restaurant recommendations you trust. ITs HEAVY - yet feels healthy because theres no cream, cane sugar or intense milk chocolate. It’s a good idea to check off the ingredients as you add them, as it can be so easy to skip over an ingredient without ever noticing and then wondering what might have gone wrong. Super delicious. We earn a commission for products purchased through some links in this article. ), white, pink, and red sprinkles! If desired, sprinkle chocolate chips over the top, and press down. I think you ripped this off from Alison Roman. For this ultra dark chocolate banana bread, I got the opportunity to partner with HERSHEY’S Kitchens again to highlight one of my favorite baking “secret weapons” that I’ve loved for years. Blackout Banana Bread Adapted from my Healthy Banana Bread Recipe Ingredients 2 cups overripe mashed banana 2 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract 1 tbsp white or cider vinegar 1/4 cup oil OR milk of choice* 2/3 cup pure maple 1/8 You may be able to find more information about this and similar content at piano.io, The Easiest, Best Yorkshire Pudding Recipe. Transfer batter to prepared baking dish and bake until a toothpick comes out clean, 1 hour. Using an electric mixer on medium-high speed (or a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment), beat brown sugar and butter in a large bowl until light and fluffy, about 4-5 minutes. It was so beautiful and moist and chocolatey!!! ( Log Out /  As always, all opinions are my own. Everyone lived it... deffinetly a little molten-ly because i used all all purpose flour, greek yogurt (sub'ed the sour cream) and used dark choclate 65%. it’s a two-ingredient recipe, using dark chocolate and coconut milk that still dries glossy and beautiful (i’m partial to this since you can make the cake ahead of time and it still looks like you just made it!). the second, the chocolate ganache topping wasn’t runny enough. Reduce mixer speed to low and gradually add dry ingredients, beating just until incorporated (do not overmix or the cake will become tough). add half the dry ingredients into the wet and mix together with a rubber spatula until incorporated. invert the cake onto a platter or large plate. 1 Preheat oven to 350° F. Lightly coat a 9x5" loaf pan with nonstick spray. It turned out exactly how I wanted it. ), white, pink, and red sprinkles! i was kind of overwhelmed and overjoyed at the selection, and i found the most simplistic joy in picking them out (don’t ask me why!). Lightly coat a 9x5" loaf pan with nonstick spray. Privacy Policy Recipe Index. I actually really liked that; I tried it while still warm and had a little molten banana, THERE'S a new thing. Cocoa powder and chocolate chips make this banana bread a chocolate lover's dream. ), which was perfect. Bake cake until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean (there may be some melted chocolate residue left on the tester, which is fine), 65–75 minutes. For any other non Americans I have the ingredients with metric conversion: Sprinkle batter, as well as bananas, with demerara sugar. -in another large bowl, whisk together the mashed banana, coconut oil, eggs, and vanilla. Fold in chocolate. i need a bone-soothing, deep, dark chocolate cake to sink my teeth into. Preheat oven to 350°. Here I come, quarantine 15. In a separate mixing bowl, combine all remaining ingredients. But it definitely takes away from the nice visual aspect if, like me, you rely upon instagram likes to offset the caloric intake of your bakes. See original recipe for Banana Bread … *Note: The oil version will be richer and will have a better texture; the oil-free version will be lower-calorie… So it depends on what you’re going for and to whom you are serving the bread. use an offset spatula to spread the ganache evenly over the top, letting some fall down the sides of the cake. 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature (86g) So of course I turned to the internet, which is where I learned about the difference between regular natural and Dutch cocoa powders. These Are The Cutest Gingerbread Cookies EVER. Change ), You are commenting using your Google account. Blackout Banana Bread is for true chocolate lovers. Directions. I have also made the Alison Roman chocolate banana bread but prefer this recipe. Ad Choices, tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature, Photo by Chelsie Craig, styling by Claire Saffitz. Spread batter evenly into the loaf pan. some people medicate with hot soup or stew, others with tea. This blackout banana bread is so deeply rich and chocolatey… For this ultra… Transfer pan to a wire rack and let the cake cool completely. This Death by Chocolate Banana Bread recipe from the Delish.com is the best. Sep 28, 2017 - Looking for chocolate banana bread recipes? This blackout banana bread is so deeply rich and chocolatey… For this ultra dark chocolate banana bread, I got the opportunity to partner with HERSHEY’S Kitchens again to highlight one of my favorite baking “secret weapons” that I’ve loved for years. the first iteration of this cake was delicious, but not dark enough. Advertisement - Continue Reading Below. 5 large very ripe bananas, divided Blackout Banana Bread. lastly, there are some dried rose petals just for valentine kicks, plus i just think they look pretty. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. ( Log Out /  Melt 1/2 … This extra dark and chocolatey banana bread was made especially for a friend who stayed with me a few weekends ago, because I figured it would be an easy breakfast to make ahead of time and have ready to serve in the morning.