You’ll reveive the latest vegan recipes straight into your inbox! Thanks! Rate this recipe position:absolute !important; Both the homemade enchilada sauce and the cilantro-lime avocado crema can be prepped in advance for this recipe. Easy Enchilada Casserole ( AKA Enchilada Pie)  with Sweet Potato, Corn and Black beans – and optional 5-minute Enchilada Sauce. Then drizzled with a refreshing cilantro-lime avocado crema. Subscribe to my latest recipes and get my free, PLANT-BASED RECIPE GUIDE. to ask more of us than we planned on giving.~James Hollis~. Yummy and even better as leftovers. (125 g) reduced-fat cheddar cheese (1 cup/250 mL grated), 1 can (15 oz. We went the easy route this time by using canned organic enchilada sauce, dairy free sour cream and cilantro from the garden. My one-year- old cleaned her plate and my husband loved it too! Garnish: chopped cilantro, diced avocado, sour cream, hot sauce. (I used a 8.5 x 11 inch baking dish). (Keep oven on for later). Spread to cover as best you can. Repeat with remaining tortillas and filling, until you've used them all up and the tortillas are snug in the casserole dish. Make sure to check out Hannah’s Instagram and website for more tasty recipes like this! Ha! Keywords: enchilada casserole, enchilada pie, mexican casserole, enchilada casserole recipe, tortilla pie, Tag @feastingathome on Instagram and hashtag it #feastingathome. Microwave, covered, on HIGH for 12–15 minutes, or until the rice is done. Combine 1 cup (250 mL) of white rice and 2 cups (500 mL) of water in the 3-qt. ★☆ Enchilada sauce will keep in fridge for up to 2-3 days. Serve this with a simple cilantro lime rice. Then add tomato paste. $("#pws").click(function(){ $(document).ready(function () { } .tpcsocial .yt{background:url("../iceberg/images/socialicons/yt-off.png") no-repeat center center} Drizzle with crema just before serving. Absolutely loved this! Apr 27, 2020 - A family-friendly Mexican-inspired vegetarian enchilada casserole recipe made with sweet potato and black beans. This could easily be made ahead, and refrigerated. Sweet Potato Black Bean Enchilada Casserole. Remove the pan from the microwave. Cover and bake. $("#pws").attr("href", "/be-a-consultant-nf"); Place three tortillas on the bottom of the pan. The recipe makes about 2 cups of Enchilada sauce. Crema can be made earlier in the day, and stored in the fridge. Easy Enchilada Casserole ( AKA Enchilada Pie) with Sweet Potato, Corn and Black beans - and optional 5-minute Enchilada Sauce. Sweet Potato Black Bean Enchiladas. This dish is fiery and comforting. Drizzle the top of your pan with remaining homemade enchilada sauce. Remove from heat. Or bake it ahead for mid week meals. Although, I highly recommend this homemade version for optimal taste. Are you drooling yet? Chop sweet potatoes into bite-sized cubes. I added fresh jalapeno and habanero to the sauteed vegetables for a little more heat. Was delicious! the surface is shimmering) whisk in all-purpose flour and spice mixture. Calories 160, Total Fat 5 g, Saturated Fat 2.5 g, Cholesterol 15 mg, Sodium 480 mg, Carbohydrate 21 g, Fiber 4 g, Sugars 3 g, Protein 10 g. You can add cooked, shredded chicken to this recipe. ANOTHER GREAT RECIPE THAT MY FAMILY WILL HAVE ON ROTATION! At this point you could add more cheese to the top to melt, but to keep it healthy and light, leave it off and garnish it well with fresh diced avocado, cilantro and sour cream. I didn’t have chipotle powder so added one chipotle en adobo. Add the black beans and cumin to the bowl and mix well. You will not be connected to a party or Consultant. There is a section on relationships that is particularly poignant. Thank you , thank you! 1 large sweet potato, peeled; 1 small red onion; 4 oz. Your email address will not be published. It can be kept vegetarian as you see it here, or for heartier appetites, add rotisserie chicken, or ground turkey or beef. Drop in spinach and cook for a few minutes until wilted. Then drizzled with a refreshing cilantro-lime avocado crema. Keep it vegetarian or add cooked chicken or ground turkey! Enjoy! I would like to make this the day before serving it to transport to use at my parents home. Heat in saucepan, whisking well before use. ★☆. Add it to the bowl in step 4. We loved this one and I think you will too. 15 ounce can black beans ( like Trader Joe’s Cuban Style Black Beans) Or substitute with 2 cups cooked chicken, browned seasoned ground turkey, or beef. The recipe comes together quickly, so have them close by. Then drizzled with a refreshing vegan avocado-lime crema. Thank you! Preheat the broiler. Garnish with diced. _trackAnalytics({'site_events': {'internal_campaign_interaction': 'true'}, 'event_name': 'internal campaign interaction', 'internal_campaign': [{'id' : 'homepage 20203', 'name' : 'homepage 20203', 'location' : 'top header', 'creative' : 'kit','eventLabel' : 'details'}],}); Do you have an advice about or experience with making this ahead to use the next day? Lather with filling, cheese, sauce, more tortillas, and repeat, finishing with the remaining enchilada sauce. Cook for 20 mins. I just got back from a dreamy little getaway to a town in Mexico, called Sayulita, just South of Puerto Vallarta. Drizzle with oil and toss to coat. Here’s a quick and easy dinner recipe, perfect for busy weeknights –  Enchilada Casserole with Sweet Potatoes, Corn and Black beans and my 5 Minute Enchilada Sauce.