The Abyss is a place for evil spirits and a place of eternal judgment. If Satan also is divided against himself, how will his kingdom stand? From, away from. But if I cast out demons by the finger of God, then the kingdom of God has come upon you. A precipice. NET Bible So the demons came out of the man and went into the pigs, and the herd of pigs rushed down the steep slope into the lake and drowned. Away, in various senses. From apo and pnigo; to stifle. But if I cast out demons by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God has come upon you. If Satan also is divided against himself, how will his kingdom stand? Demons also were coming out of many, shouting, “You are the Son of God!” But rebuking them, He would not allow them to speak, because they knew Him to be the Christ. [Now after He had risen early on the first day of the week, He first appeared to Mary Magdalene, from whom He had cast out seven demons. A primary particle; 'off, ' i.e. 33And they that kept them fled, and went their ways into the city, and told every thing, and what was befallen to the possessed of the devils. And she kept asking Him to cast the demon out of her daughter. And He was casting out a demon, and it was mute; when the demon had gone out, the mute man spoke; and the crowds were amazed. For it is written, ‘You shall worship the Lord your God, and serve Him only.’”. After receiving permission from Jesus, the demons leave the men and enter the herd of pigs. 8:31 He said, Go - A word of permission only, not command. art thou come hither to torment us before the time? So they will be your judges. A human being. And He said to them, “Go and tell that fox, ‘Behold, I cast out demons and perform cures today and tomorrow, and the third day I reach My goal.’. From eis and erchomai; to enter. The demons began to entreat Him, saying, “If You are going to cast us out, send us into the herd of swine.”, After the demon was cast out, the mute man spoke; and the crowds were amazed, and were saying, “Nothing like this has ever been seen in Israel.”. 11 A large herd of pigs was feeding on the nearby hillside. 29And, behold, they cried out, saying, What have we to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God? The Bible teaches that demons can inhabit animals (Matthew 8:31). The entire herd rushed down the steep bank and into the lake where they drowned. The, the definite article. But Jesus rebuked him, saying, “Be quiet and come out of him!” And when the demon had thrown him down in the midst of the people, he came out of him without doing him any harm. If I by Beelzebul cast out demons, by whom do your sons cast them out? Why this request we do not know; perhaps it was malicious; perhaps to have an animal habitation. New Heart English Bible The demons came out from the man, and entered into the pigs, and the herd rushed down the steep bank into the lake, and were drowned. From horme; to start, spur or urge on, i.e. Verb - Aorist Indicative Active - 3rd Person Singular. Demons are fallen angels who followed Satan's rebellion from heaven and are organized under Satan in hierarchical levels known as rulers, authorities, powers, and spiritual forces of evil. New Testament Claiming Old Testament Is Inspired. Verb - Aorist Indicative Passive - 3rd Person Singular. This happening is found in Matthew 8:28-34. And when they were come out, they went into the herd of swine: and, behold, the whole herd of swine ran violently down a steep place into the sea, and perished in the waters. 31So the devils besought him, saying, If thou cast us out, suffer us to go away into the herd of swine. Upon entering the herd, the demons caused the herd to become crazed and so they ran off a cliff into the Sea of Galilee. "If Thou drivest us out," they said, "send us into the herd of swine. John 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. Then Jesus *said to him, “Go, Satan! Casting Out Demons Beggars Demons, Punishment Of Pigs The demons began to entreat Him, saying, “If You are going to cast us out, send us into the herd of swine.” Matthew 9:33 A crag, precipice, steep bank. "- Weymouth BibleThe demons begged him, saying, "If you cast us out, permit us to go away into the herd of pigs. down a steep place into the lake, and were choked. A man, one of the human race. 28And when he was come to the other side into the country of the Gergesenes, there met him two possessed with devils, coming out of the tombs, exceeding fierce, so that no man might pass by that way. From aner and ops; man-faced, i.e. Verb - Aorist Indicative Active - 3rd Person Plural.