This one was a bit sweet for our tastes, but we’re positive it would be a huge hit with kiddos and folks with an extra sweet tooth. Or Mama, for that matter.Our Coconut-Pecan Frosting Recipe is the perfect German chocolate cake icing. The same is the brand’s premade frosting. She pours this love of all things sweet (and sometimes savory) into Bakeable, Taste of Home's baking club. Hoping to find a good shortcut, I picked up these options: Let’s see which ones scored the best in our blind test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his process is automatic. [])), +((!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+[])+(!+[]+(!![])-[])+(!+[]-(!![]))+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![])+(+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])-[])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]))/+((!+[]+(!![])-[]+[])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])-[])+(!+[]+(!![])-[])+(+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![])+(+!! Ingredients 1 Cup Sugar 1 Cup Evaporated Milk 1/2 Cup Butter 3 Large Eggs 1 1/3 Cup Sweetened Flaked Coconut 1 Cup Pecan Chips Your browser will redirect to your requested content shortly. Please enable Cookies and reload the page. We did find it sweet but also buttery with just a hint of vanilla. The same is the brand’s premade frosting. Recipe for coconut-pecan frosting. Of course, all sweet-lovers know that not all canned frostings are equal. Just watch. Score: 6.1/10 Earning an honorable mention in this test was Walmart’s Great Value frosting. Ingredients 2 cups chopped pecans 1 (12-oz.) It stands to reason that baking super-brand Betty Crocker placed highly in this test. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/26014/coconut-pecan-frosting-ii We’ve all been in this pickle before: It’s after dinner, you’re winding down for the night and you suddenly remember you volunteered to make cupcakes for the bake sale or to bring in a treat for a coworker’s birthday. Betty Crocker Rich and Creamy Coconut Pecan Frosting, 15.5 oz, A container of pure delight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nd, really making a nice buttercream from scratch isn’t so hard! A few testers commented on how it tasted a lot like icing from grocery store bakeries (which a lot of us love!). Great Value has proven itself in the past—it took top spots in our cookie dough test and gained a lot of bonus points for tasting almost like homemade. I'm a coconut fan , I'd like more coconut but otherwise it's delicious. Just ask your kids. Sure, you could stop at the grocery store, but you want this treat to seem at least a little homemade! 16 of Our Best Fall Harvest Decorating Ideas for Your Home Welcome guests to your home this autumn with rustic gourd garlands, decorated pumpkins, and wreaths and … Combine that rich, creamy flavor along with a silky smooth texture and we had a winner on our hands. It's the perfect mixture of german chocolate and coconut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hick, nutty, and delicious, we dare say this icing might be the very best reason to slice into a piece of chocolate cake.This coconut-pecan … Now, for some bakers, canned frosting might be the ultimate no-no, but when you’re in a pinch, I say there’s nothing wrong with a shortcut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o find out exactly which canned frosting tastes homemade, I grabbed a handful of brands to find the best. Using store-bought frosting isn't always the plan. [])). It can come about as a result of trying your hand at some ornate buttercream to top your towering layer cake or batch of cupcakes , until time or any number of kitchen catastrophes leave you reaching into the pantry for a tub of ready-made. Testers absolutely loved the texture and appearance of this frosting. What set Duncan Hines apart from the rest of the pack was that this frosting was so much more than just sweet. you suddenly remember you volunteered to make cupcakes for the bake sale, I like to whip up one of my favorite chocolate cupcake recipes, it took top spots in our cookie dough test, it’d be the perfect topping for some cinnamon rolls, We Tried 10 Brands to Find the Best Store-Bought Salsa, Do Not Sell My Personal Information – CA Residents, Baker’s Corner Rich & Creamy Vanilla Frosting (sold exclusively at Aldi), Betty Crocker Rich & Creamy Vanilla Frosting, Duncan Hines Creamy Home-Style Classic Vanilla Frosting, Great Value Vanilla Frosting (a Walmart brand), Pillsbury Creamy Supreme Vanilla Frosting, Simple Mills Organic Vanilla Frosting (sold at Whole Foods). It spreads so easy and smooth for even spreading. It might run right off your favorite cake, but we agreed it’d be the perfect topping for some cinnamon rolls. That’s when I like to whip up one of my favorite chocolate cupcake recipes using what I have on hand and then decorate them the easy way with premade frosting. The rich and creamy canned frosting was exceptionally smooth and light—almost marshmallowy. Lisa is an associate editor at Taste of Home where she gets to embrace her passion for baking.