★☆. When faced with the seemingly endless array of BBQ options at your local store, however, honing in on the best store-bought sauce can be tricky. With a strong vinegar tang of NC-style, the heat of several kinds of pepper, and a touch of sweetness from ketchup, this sauce is a perfect complement to any pork BBQ. Whether you prefer something sweet, spicy, or smoky—or maybe a little bit of everything—this list of barbecue sauces has something for every everyone. This makes a small batch but it is so good! The unit comes as a twin pack of 40-ounce bottles. Learn how your comment data is processed. Don’t let the price-point fool you, this stuff has become as prolific as it is for a reason. This website uses cookies to improve your experience. A version of this type, the Western Carolina variant, adds some ketchup and brown sugar to mellow out the vinegary flavor. Packed with wholesome, natural ingredients, the sauce is thick and sweet like a Kansas City BBQ sauce should be. Not all vinegar-based sauces are completely tomato-free. The mission of discovering the BBQ sauce that the whole family can agree on is not easy. An evolution of previously existing sauces and marinades, early barbecue sauces started popping up in recorded history in literature and records in Europe in the centuries that followed, with different types stemming from specific regions and locales. Definitely saved! Exotic: While BBQ sauce is a uniquely American offering — or at least it started out that way — it has been largely embraced by a host of other societies and cultures from across the globe. I can think of so many uses for this sauce–this will be a summer staple in our refrigerator! I looooove sauces!! The colour of this sauce really is amazing! The flavors of the mustard, honey, and vinegar sound so good! We had buffalo sauce, sweet barbecue sauce, and gold sauce. It's especially tasty on smoked spare ribs, chicken, beef brisket, or any other meats. Carolina barbecue tradition gives us a unique BBQ sauce: mustard-based barbecue sauce, an alternative accompaniment to the region's characteristic pulled pork sandwiches. “Basing on the bold, robust flavor of mustard, the sauce is an awesome combination of sweet and spicy flavor.”. The remarkable thing is the kick of heat from various kinds of peppers and spice, which will burn your mouth and make the meat more appealing. Definitely a keeper recipe! We were deep frying chicken wings to eat, this was a special treat for us. and it’s so on point with the color of the season! A monthly literal interoperation of variety being the spice of life. Memphis: Born in the BBQ Mecca that is Tennessee, Memphis-style sauce offers a thick, unique taste, largely due to the use of molasses as the primary sweetener. Now to make my own mustard it’s just amazing. The fact that the sauce contains no high fructose corn syrup, gluten, GMO ingredients makes it suitable for people who have trouble with gluten or concern about artificial food. I’m so excited to try your carolina gold bbq sauce. I can’t wait to try this on grilled chicken. What Should You Consider When Buying BBQ Sauce? Learn more. I usually ate my chicken wings with the buffalo sauce or barbecue sauce, but a classmate had me try the gold sauce. In comparison with Stubb’s Original flavor, this unit contains more sugar for more sweetness. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. He’s always wanted me to try making a good carolina bbq, but I have not been able to replicate it yet. With low sugar content (or no sugar), it is used to slather onto the pork as it cooks over the flame. I love mustard and bbq I will be mixing this up and throwing a slab of ribs on the grill tonight. Shop Now Stubb's Original Bar-B-Q Sauce, $4. It features tomato as the base for additive seasonings: molasses for sweetness, vinegar to balance the texture and spices for hearty flavor. Love the color of this sauce and how versatile it is! All rights reserved, The 10 Best BBQ Sauces You Can Buy At The Grocery Store. OK, I see why you enjoy using it everywhere – I can already agree to this just from looking at these images. Packing a little added kick, this one also includes chipotle peppers, that, when paired with the cooked-down bourbon, provide a sweet and wonderfully unique taste. Several asked for the recipe. Best for Chicken: Trader Joe's Carolina Gold BBQ Sauce. It has a beautiful balance of sweetness from cane sugar and spiciness from yellow mustard with a hint of added molasses. Can’t wait to try it! I think it tastes pretty good on chicken, too. Thanks! Ok I think I have to make this today! This video shows you how to have the best-grilled chicken wings with Big Bob Gibson Original White BBQ Sauce: This vinegar-based sauce is the secret for famous ribs severed at Dreamland Barbecue since 1958. ©2020 Hiconsumption LLC. It is a bit thinner than average sauces. The sweet-and-sour flavor with a hint of natural hickory smoke is a great accompaniment to cut through the fat of barbecued beef brisket. Store in the refrigerator until ready to use. Welcome to my little slice of the web where I share recipes for food, travel, books, and life! Trade Joe’s does not forget to remind you of authentic grilling evidence by adding natural smoke flavor to the sauce. YUMMMM!!! Sponsored. (Yep, it's a real word!). You can whip this sauce up in less than 5-minutes and make dinner over-the-top delicious! Learn more about this blog! . Normally, the thickness of BBQ sauce comes from the tomato sauce or corn starch, so adding either one of two ingredients is the most common way. Ooooo! There is a variety of BBQ sauces corresponding to various regional barbecue styles. Thanks to a reasonable amount of tomato and brown sugar, the sauce still tastes sweet and has a nice consistency, making it great for any grilling recipes. Best White BBQ Sauce: Big Bob Gibson Original White Sauce. The following questions and answers will reveal some tips about using the BBQ sauce for better meals. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Read More…, Subscribe for the latest updates and fun recipes, Hi! This thing is the sexiest thing I have seen on a spoon in a long time. You will easily notice this type of sauce even among hundreds of other sauces on the supermarket shelves: it is white. A slightly sweet, mustard-based barbecue sauce popular in South Carolina for use when grilling or roasting chicken and pork. I create custom cookies for locals in the Merrimack Valley of Massachusetts and Southern New Hampshire. Gates - One of the famous and long-last Kansas City barbecue restaurants, Gates introduced its first BBQ sauce recipes to the grocery store in 1975. Honestly, there is no way to marinate meat in BBQ sauce without burning it while grilling. Shop Now King's Hawaiian Original BBQ Sauce, $6, Though a tiny bit on the sweet side, this sauce was pretty well balanced with notes of honey and apples and horseradish. However, more water will weaken the sauce’s flavor. There is always someone who will not feel food tastes good when it does not taste spicy. You can enjoy it as pulled pork sauce, salad dressing, or dipping sauce for grilled chicken or seafood. If you like really browned chicken, start basting early; otherwise, baste frequently after the first 30 minutes of grilling. It's super peppery and sharp, and perfect for fatty cuts of smoked meat. With numerous celebrities including A-list actors, athletes, and even US Presidents visiting the sleepy Ohio town to partake in Matula’s sauced ribs, it was only natural that the family-owned operation began bottling and selling the stuff. For those who favor Carolina-style barbecue, this vinegary sauce is the holy grail. Unlike other sauces, this stuff is slathered onto the meat before (and during) cooking, as well as being served as a side for dipping. But opting out of some of these cookies may affect your browsing experience. This video will provide you a good review about this product: Sweet Baby Ray's sauce, as revealed in the name, is sweeter than its peers. I’ve never heard of this before but going to make a batch this weekend! I can taste all the yummy flavor from here and the photos are gorgeous! Big Bob Gibson - Founded in Decatur, Alabama, in 1925, Big Bob Gibson Bar-B-Q is among the oldest barbecue restaurants in the world. Seasoning these sauces are a variety of spices from in and around the local region, making it somewhat comparable to the Western Carolina Style, though with a little more kick. The well-balanced ratio of components in the sauce results in a nice texture added with a hint of natural smoke flavor. These pictures are amazing – that color and texture looks so good that I’ll have to try this! Great for baking and broiling, as well as grilling, this sauce contains a tomato base, supplemented with onions, molasses, and other various spices that are genuinely kettle-cooked, ultimately resulting in a purely scrumptious sauce. Worcestershire sauce is perfectly seasoned to the sauce to round up the flavor. To mix well the addition to the sauce, tomato paste, starch, or anything else, heat the sauce on a low flame and give the mixture a good stir. Completely free of GMOs (verified), gluten, and high-fructose corn syrup, Stubb’s Original blend is packed with vinegar, molasses, and black pepper that, when combined with the tomato base, yields a sweet and tangy flavor. ★☆ If you’ve ever made it through my 375 word super long spiel on the various types of mustard in this post, you’ll know I am a particularly huge fan of the condiment. Please give credit where credit is due. Mmmmm, I think my favorite was Mustard BBQ sauce on Pork Chops.