The blade pops into place with a satisfying “snick”, and the ambidextrous thumb studs are easy to get at with either hand. View on Amazon #mini-crooked-river #benchmade #knives #product-overview #benchmade-mini-crooked-river-review #benchmade-crooked-river-mini-review see all It's awesome. Related Gear:    Bought the Mini Crooked River recently, and made a review about it. While I don’t think 5.41 ounces is overweight given the build quality and footprint, it’s still substantial, and when closed the knife is pivot heavy. First Benchmade that I have been interest in for years! I’ve been waiting to hear your take on this one. I ordered the Crooked River custom and love it. But they won’t keep me warm at night, so says my wife. Featuring the same traditional profile, modern technology, and style that pushes the preconceived notions of what a hunting knife should be. My experience with Benchmade was a disaster. You'll find modern materials throughout the knife: aluminum bolsters, contour-stabilized “Dymondwood” handles, and high-vis hunter orange details in the G10 backspacer and pivot accent. I absolutely love this knife. I bought the Bugout based on your review here. Exactly as expected. The hand feels most at home here; set back further on the knife. The Axis lock makes any Benchmade knife a joy to use and acts as an aided insurance policy when performing more demanding tasks, such as batoning. That said, Benchmade’s deep carry clip will fit on this knife, and if you prefer a more discrete deep carry option Benchmade typically will send you a deep carry clip free of charge if you ask them nicely. You are very welcome. The diamond wood scales offers some texture (not much), while a mild run of jimping on the back of the handle indexes the thumb while still allowing the user to cut with the knife for extended periods without significant thumb fatigue. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Benchmade - Mini Crooked River 15085-2 EDC Manual Open Hunting Knife Made in USA at Amazon.com. I’m not a big Benchmade fan but the miniCR is the one that I’m most likely to pick up. So these resins in the wood prevent warping I assume? Sent it for shipping next day service. Chris Reeve Large Sebenza 21 w/ Insingo Blade, Gerber Gator Premium Folder – Clip Point Blade, Spyderco Manix 2 Black Lightweight Folder C101BK2. Be the first to share a comment or feedback. Basically it is wood soaked in resin placed under a vacuum. I wish it had a more rounded and larger clip like my Ontario RAT-1, which easily slides on to my pocket. It's a scaled down and more EDC-friendly version of their original Crooked River hunting knife, which paired classic styling with premium materials and modern features. For an EDC experience from Benchmade that's less tactical and every bit as practical, check out the Mini Crooked River at the link below. Kinda sad honestly. Top subscription boxes – right to your door. If it was between the two, and I needed a true “user” knife, say if I were to go on an extended trip to the Amazon or something, then I’d probably go with the Military as its a more practical offering. See all details for Benchmade - Mini Crooked River 15085-2 EDC Manual Open Hunting Knife,... © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. For the size of the knife I thought it would feel quite heavy in my pocket but I forget that it's there, until I need the knife, then the stability and quality of knife is very real in my hand. This is a great knife when you’re out there in it, but will feel too big for every day carry and use. My knife was placed on Will Call even though I requested 2 day delivery. All too often when you look for a pocket knife with the right modern features and performance to be your daily driver, you'll find your options skew towards the tactical side of things. Best Tactical Knives After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. What do you think is the best sharpener for the job concerning my beautiful new crooked river benchmade? On the subject of pocket clips, Benchmade went with a black parkerized version of their split arrow clip. Any idea what angle is the best for sharpening this model? Now look at the nice pictures. Thanks again for the feature. I also bought the first Benchmade Axis Folder, model 710, from McHenry and Williams personally at the NRA convention in Philadelphia around 1998, and carried it many times. But if a tactical design doesn't suit your needs or style, what's left? ). It’s formed from powder which generally eliminates impurities and it’s elemental composition allow it to live in the high end of the corrosion resistances, wear resistance, and edge retention scale. The design of the Crooked River will look familiar to hunters and outdoor enthusiasts, but the materials that make it up are new and modern and have been incorporated to extend the life expectancy of this hand-filler. It translates all the looks to a more pocketable every day carry friendly knife. I’ll be curious to see how the blade on this CR holds up in the long term. The blade is cut from an impressive 3.15mm thick piece of S30V stainless steel, and it carries a significant amount of steel out all the way to the tip. There are two Benchmade wood handled knives that are great for every day use. We support operations by earning commissions when you purchase products we link. 2/09/2018 Received first production model, Reviewed in the United States on February 9, 2018. The low slung blade and bolstered handles tug at the heartstrings of traditional knife design, while the finishes and flourishes appeal to this fan of modern folding knives. Time will tell but initial impressions are plus positive. Everyone has that one knife they think is the perfect knife for their needs. Shame on you Benchmade, a knife at this price point should not have an issue like this. The Crooked River is a knife that I would like a smaller version of. The handle is also drilled and tapped for ambidextrous tip up use. It’s formed from powder which generally eliminates impurities and it’s elemental composition allow it to live in the high end of the corrosion resistances, wear resistance, and edge retention scale.