When marinating beef, take into account the thickness of the cut. 1/3 cup packed brown sugar or raw turbinado sugar, 3 tablespoons freshly ground black pepper. No matter your preferences, give this marinade a try. While there is only one rib cage on either side of the steer with 13 ribs each, there are three main types of beef ribs cut from the side of the steer. Those are the Chuck Short Ribs, the Back Ribs, and the Plate Short Ribs. While good quality beef just needs salt and pepper, when you buy less expensive steak you could improve the texture and flavor with a good marinade. These are the ribs that are often marinated and then braised. So, know what you are looking for when you enter the butcher shop or hit the meat counter at your supermarket. Some grill the meat, others pan fry it, some add sauce on top and others fancy it without. If you really love sauce on your ribs, check out our Homemade Barbecue Sauce,Dr Pepper Barbecue Sauce and Jalapeno Barbecue Sauce recipes. Beef Ribs make for a hearty and delicious meal. It is more common to see these cuts braised low and slow in an oven or cooked in a pressure cooker. Ready in 10 minutes.

I then, generously coat the ribs with the rub and allow the mixture to work its magic into the meat for approximately one hour while the meat comes to room temperature. For bbq beef short ribs I think a wet marinade is fine, as these can be tough. Refrigerate overnight, turning the meat once or twice. You can also brush olive oil on the meat before applying the rub to help it stick. The fat and bones are what will keep the ribs juicy and tender while cooking. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour or up to 4 hours. Mix beer, spices, soy sauce, onions, fresh herbs, and salt and let the mixture sit for 30 minutes before using. This is a pricy and tasty area of the bull. Chuck Short Ribs are cut from the chuck steak area closer to the shoulder and include the first through the fourth or fifth rib bones. Pre-packaged ribs don’t show you both sides of the slab and can be deceiving as to how much meat to fat ratio there is. They each have slightly different textures, fat content, and beefy flavor. Join now and get my Top Dinner Recipes EBook! ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. If you want to put together a delicious Mexican dish, this is a great marinade to start with. Unless otherwise noted, Copyright © Miss in the Kitchen.
I like to trim or peel the tough membrane off the bone side of the ribs and then trim all but a 1/4 inch of the fat cap, if not already done by the butcher. Whether you're smoking or grilling a brisket, this marinade will add a lot of flavor and help tenderize the meat. Let’s get to making the best dry rub for ribs.
Just mix 1/4 cup of the rub with 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, 1/4 cup dry red wine, and 2 tablespoons mustard. This rub can be used as the seasoning component of a beef rib wet marinade. Back Ribs are exactly as the name implies. Cool rapidly by placing in the freezer for about 15 minutes. Place them in a resealable bag and leave them marinating overnight to help the fibers soften and the meats absorb most of the flavors. You can marinate for anywhere from 2 to 12 hours. Ready in 35 minutes. Filed Under: Beef, Grilling Tagged With: Beef, grilling, marinade, ribs, smoked ribs, Your email address will not be published. Pour over ribs, cover with plastic wrap, and marinate in the refrigerator for 4 to 12 hours before smoking. You’ll be missing out on the step by step photos and my tips for smoking the best beef ribs ever. This marinade is loaded with the flavors perfect for making fajitas, though you can also use it on carne asada (hanger steak or skirt steak) before grilling it. Its earthy tone comes courtesy of some Guinness beer.