this about a dozen Mmmmm, mmmmmm! Add burritos, 3 at a time, seam side down, and cook until golden, about 2-3 minutes per side. Certainly better than regular taco filling, and much more healthy, but nothing I can't live without. end---YUMMY!!! easy to 40.7 g I just got through making this. nacho topping. Much better than those fast food chain ones. Heat refried beans in a saucepan. I can have dinner on the table in 40 minutes from start to finish and everyone always cleans their plates! The filling is hearty and packed with flavor from browning your beef with sauted onions and garlic and seasoning with a symphony of fiestalicious spices…, And then stirring in refried beans, salsa (you will looooove my Homemade Salsa) and sour cream for extra creaminess AKA deliciousness. can of refried, I did half it since their is just the two of us. Heat through. Total Carbohydrate * Fold in the edges of each tortilla and roll up \u201cburrito style.\u201d Serve with additional sour cream, guacamole, etc. This recipe was simple to prepare. Transfer beans to baking dish. Add chopped onion and garlic and cook until onion is transparent, stirring frequently, about 5 minutes. The dish is not at all spicy, but pleasant and nice. This is enjoyable but I wouldn't call it fabulous. Definitely make it again! 3 15-ounce cans black beans or pinto beans, rinsed, drained. Drain off any excess fat (if there is any). An easy hit. This recipe leaves the door wide open for adaptation to your taste. Very easy & yummy! *, Cystic fibrosis survivor, lung & kidney transplant recipient, LOVER of life and FOOD! Didn't mash all of them just did about 4 mashes around the pan. I do however add chipotle chilies instead of green chilies. Generously spoon beef and bean mixture into floured tortillas, sprinkle with cheese, roll up and place seam side down in a lightly greased 8" x 8" square casserole dish. Optional to “crisp” burritos: Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Simple great family food. I used venison because I have alot on hand. I added a little bit of salt (1/4tsp) and pepper (1/2tsp) and did not use salsa, however the green onions, cilantro and monterey jack (not cheddar) were a must. "yawn"....blah would be the right word for these! Place kidney beans in a medium bowl. I let the meat and beans (1can black and 1can pinto) cook longer so it really thickened. We all hate when people start telling you their substitutions but sometimes its worth it to get ideas instead of shopping. And ladies this would be great to throw together the day before and have the babysitter throw in the oven and heat up while your out. Mash to desired consistency. used beef, ground Add beans, broth and chilies and cook until beans are creamy and thickened, crushing beans with back of spoon, about 15 minutes. and excuse my large, very excited hand , {"@context":"http:\/\/schema.org\/","@type":"Recipe","name":"Best Beef, Bean and Cheese Burritos","author":{"@type":"Person","name":"Jen"},"datePublished":"2016-05-05 00:00:59","image":"https:\/\/carlsbadcravings.com\/wp-content\/uploads\/2016\/05\/Best-Beef-Bean-and-Cheese-Burrios-2.jpg","description":"","aggregateRating":{"@type":"AggregateRating","ratingValue":5,"ratingCount":1},"recipeIngredient":["6 burrito size flour tortillas ((we prefer raw tortillas))","1 1\/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese (, more or less to taste)","1 pound lean ground beef","1 small onion, chopped","4-6 garlic cloves, minced","1 1\/2 teaspoons chili powder","1 teaspoon ground cumin","1\/2 teaspoon smoked paprika","1\/2 teaspoon salt (plus more to taste)","1\/4 teaspoon pepper","1\/4 teaspoon dried oregano","1 16 oz. And you will be strongly tempted to make Beef Bean and Cheese Burritos every night. Will definetely make again. make again!!! Drain well. Stir in cumin and cook 1 minute. Even with the suggested enhancements (lime juice, ancho chili powder, fewer beans) this recipe truly was a waste of my ingredients. You could double this for a weekend game day recipe and it would be very nice. Return to heat and add chili powder, oregano, cumin, salt, and pepper; simmer for 10 minutes. Coat a small nonstick skillet with cooking spray. I added only 2 cans of pinto beans and increased the GB to 1.5#. This is a very simple recipe to prepare. My kids loved this and you can adapt to what is in your pantry easily. to review it. (optional). ","If using raw tortillas, cook according to package directions. Drain off any excess fat (if there is any).