Yield: 12 servings, Amount per serving: 88 calories, Calories: 88g, Carbohydrates: 20g, Protein: 1g, Fat: 1g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Sodium: 332mg, Potassium: 176mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 18g, Vitamin A: 153g, Vitamin C: 3g, Calcium: 23g, Iron: 1g. Your email address will not be published. Your email address will not be published. The Ingredients. So, how do you make it? Vous pouvez modifier vos choix à tout moment dans vos paramètres de vie privée. https://www.seriouseats.com/.../sauced-memphis-style-barbecue-sauce.html The root beer gave this sauce so much flavor! Informations sur votre appareil et sur votre connexion Internet, y compris votre adresse IP, Navigation et recherche lors de l’utilisation des sites Web et applications Verizon Media. This basic BBQ sauce recipe uses tomato sauce and paste, not ketchup, which gives it a more distinctive flavor for an authentic barbecue sauce. This post may contain affiliate links. salt. could I use diet root beer soda? Read my disclosure and copyright policy. Plus, kids tend to gobble up anything they make themselves. (Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate. This post may contain affiliate links. Watch them dip everything from Chicken Tenders to Roasted Broccoli in their Root Beer BBQ Sauce. BBQ Sauce. We used it on some grilled chicken, yum! Cook minced onion and garlic in olive oil until onions turn opaque. Required fields are marked *. 3 small cans tomato sauce. Cook uncovered for 30 minutes or until barbecue sauce has thickened to your preference. ), Shrimp Kebabs With Blueberry Barbecue Sauce, What to Use If You Do Not Have Tomato Sauce, Pork and Onion Meatballs With Tomato Sauce. 1 tsp. Like this recipe? Speaking of slow cooking, you can make Slow Cooker Root Beer BBQ Sauce with tips in this post. Instead, glaze the mostly cooked meat during the last 5-10 minutes of grilling for flavor. Cook barbecue sauce covered on high for 3-4 hours, or until sauce is reduced. Root Beer BBQ Sauce is an easy recipe for a finger-lickin good barbecue sauce. A thin sauce is great for grilling mops or slow cooking. First published on October 15, 2017, updated on October 21, 2018. I’ve not tested it but I would assume the taste might be a bit different but not as noticeable as you might think. Not only does it taste delicious but it will certainly have your family and friends begging for more. VARIATIONS ON ROOT BEER BBQ SAUCE. ; Espresso: Just like adding it to chocolate recipes, a shot of espresso will bring out the warm flavors in Root Beer Barbecue … Mix the cornstarch with equal part water and stir completely into sauce. They will love making their very own barbecue sauce and you don’t have to worry about any burnt hands or ingredients. This Root Beer BBQ Sauce recipe is made on the stove top, simmered with cornstarch until it is thick enough for dipping or glazing. Homemade BBQ Sauce – without ketchup! pinterest link facebook link twitter link instagram link rss link. I’ve removed it from the ingredient list. With our cookbook, it's always BBQ season. Crockpot barbecue sauce is so easy! Add remaining ingredients, mix thoroughly and allow to simmer 20 minutes, stirring often. I have a recipe for making barbecue sauce! liquid smoke. garlic powder. Ketchup: If you prefer a ketchup based BBQ sauce, replace the tomato sauce with 1/2 cup ketchup and only use 1/2 cup brown sugar. Save it to your Pinterest board now! Thanks! cayenne pepper. We hope that you enjoy our Tomato-Free Barbecue Sauce … Pour autoriser Verizon Media et nos partenaires à traiter vos données personnelles, sélectionnez 'J'accepte' ou 'Gérer les paramètres' pour obtenir plus d’informations et pour gérer vos choix. If you decide to try, I’d love to know what you think. Add all the ingredients, except the cornstarch, to the slow cooker and stir to combine in a small 3qt. ; Molasses: For a richer molasses flavor, replace 1/4 cup brown sugar with 2 tablespoons dark molasses. Home » Recipes » Sauces, Salsas, & Condiments » Homemade BBQ Sauce – without ketchup! This homemade Root Beer Barbecue Sauce still uses a full cup of root beer without any ketchup or bottled BBQ sauce. Share it to your friends and family! dry mustard. Chef approved recipes for dinners and desserts. 1 tsp. By Cindy Santa Ana in DIY, Ingredients, & How-To; How to Make …; Sauces, Salsas, & Condiments 7. Try adding two teaspoons of liquid smoke to enhance the smoky flavor of the meat if you're doing a fast grill rather than a low and slow barbecue. Call it cola, pop, or Coke, a can of soda and Homemade BBQ Sauce go hand in hand, especially in Southern BBQ recipes. Tomato Sauce … 1 Tbsp corn syrup. And unlike other BBQ sauces, this one’s a bit more savory, because there’s no ketchup. slow cooker. Making this now – when do you add the corn starch? All images and text © for Dinner, then Dessert. Barbecue sauce is a staple in any cookout. Cook for 30-35 minutes until the mixture has cooked down by half and thickened. One bite of Root Beer BBQ Chicken and you’ll know why cola bbq sauce is a Southern tradition! I love cooking for family and friends and sharing easy, flavorful recipes. Thanks for letting me know it was still showing up. It's a perfect quick fix to spice up anything on your grill. She creates all the recipes here on Dinner, then Dessert, fueled in no small part by her love for bacon. You can use Root Beer BBQ Sauce on all your favorite grilled recipes. Sign up for daily recipes and receive a Free E-Cookbook! Derrick Riches is a grilling and barbecue expert. This kid friendly BBQ sauce is packed with flavor! Can’t wait to make it again! I’m not a fan of diet but it’s the only kind of soda we have since my husband and son drink it. https://www.thespruceeats.com/basic-barbecue-sauce-recipe-333668 Will it leave a funny taste as I feel diet soda has a funny taste or will the other ingredients mask it? 1/4 tsp. Chicken, pork, ribs, tacos, you name it–this sauce will make your cookout a standout! 1/4 cup minced onion. 859 shares. The sweetness of Root Beer BBQ Sauce is balanced out by savory spices, onions, and Worcestershire sauce for a well-rounded mild barbecue sauce. Like this recipe? After retesting, I realized it doesn’t need the cornstarch. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week after preparation. The recipe went through many trials and errors and a lot of taste testing to come up with this version. We created this recipe out of wanting a barbecue sauce as well as needing a barbecue sauce for different recipes we wanted to create. Let’s break it down, BBQ-style. Read my disclosure policy. I am a trained Private Chef of almost 10 years. Once the mixture is cooked through, remove it from heat and let it cool completely. Substitute this BBQ sauce in recipes like Slow Cooker Ribs or Pulled Pork Sandwiches. Add in the root beer, tomato sauce, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper and stir until combined. Sweet and tangy bbq sauce made from scratch, perfect for dunking or grilling! 2-3 tsp. This sauce is perfect on grilled veggie kabobs, grilled pasture-raised chicken, and even atop a juicy 100% grass-fed and finished beef burger. This is so good and tasty! Making Root Beer BBQ Sauce in a slow cooker is a great summer activity for kids! thanks for your help. If you brush on raw meat, like Baked BBQ Chicken, reserve some sauce for dipping and discard the glazing sauce. So delicious!! Use this method to make a double batch of sauce too. 1 Tbsp molasses. We grilled the other night and I made this sauce to go with it! Dinner, then Dessert, Inc. owns the copyright on all images and text and does not allow for its original recipes and pictures to be reproduced anywhere other than at this site unless authorization is given. A can of your favorite root beer makes this sauce sweet and slightly tangy with hints of the vanilla molasses flavor that makes root beer so delicious! Jump to Recipe. Sabrina is a professionally trained Private Chef of over 10 years with ServSafe Manager certification in food safety. this sounds delicious. freshly ground black pepper. Get it free when you sign up for our newsletter. Hope you enjoyed it! Show me what you made on Instagram or Facebook and tag me at @DinnerthenDessert or hashtag it at #dinnerthendessert. Découvrez comment nous utilisons vos informations dans notre Politique relative à la vie privée et notre Politique relative aux cookies. Quick Homemade BBQ Sauce (without ketchup) Little Vienna Dijon mustard, light brown sugar, garlic, ground coriander, tomato paste and 7 more Aussie BBQ Sauce 84th and 3rd 1 tsp. While this isn’t one of those 3 ingredient BBQ sauce recipes (a bi-product of that fact that it’s not a barbecue sauce recipe with ketchup), it is still super simple and its flavor is a dead ringer for the barbecue sauces I’ve tried at legit BBQ joints. 1/2 cup brown sugar. He has written two cookbooks. 1/2 tsp. We love making our own homemade sauces! Add this delicious root beer version to your favorite Sauce Recipes! Yahoo fait partie de Verizon Media. Root Beer BBQ Sauce is great for slow cooking or baked chicken, beef, and pork recipes. If you like a thinner sauce, leave out the cornstarch and cook for half the time. Being from the South, I love BBQ’s and all the fixin’s, … Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking. This is a sweet bbq sauce recipe that can easily burn or char, so it’s not recommended as a grilling marinade. My family enjoyed this sauce! Nos partenaires et nous-mêmes stockerons et/ou utiliserons des informations concernant votre appareil, par l’intermédiaire de cookies et de technologies similaires, afin d’afficher des annonces et des contenus personnalisés, de mesurer les audiences et les contenus, d’obtenir des informations sur les audiences et à des fins de développement de produit. Well, let’s get started… Dr. Gundry’s Lectin-Free BBQ Sauce Recipe. Add the onions and cook until they start to brown, stirring occasionally, about 5-6 minutes. If you enjoyed the recipe and would like to publish it on your own site, please re-write it in your own words, and link back to my site and recipe page.