Many aspects point to this. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. (Which seems a bit rare these days.) Batman must make himself more terrifying to the criminals of Moscow and take down Tsar and Beast. Andy Clarke. I would recommend this novel to anyone who is a fan of super heroes or more specifically Batman. Possibly because it takes batman out of Gotham. Buy BATMAN THE BAT AND THE BEAST TP (Batman (DC Comics Paperback)) 01 by Clarke, Andy (ISBN: 9781401227944) from Amazon's Book Store. Just a moment while we sign you in to your Goodreads account. He does make many mistakes, he is not in Gotham as is clearly stated in the book and he fights against villains not unlike others from Gotham. Cover This is a weird story. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in. What I did not like about the graphic novel was pretty much just everything that was not about Batman because the story was kind of weird and hard to follow but the fact of Batman being there made up for it. Neither being to bright, make quite a match for Bruce, and with Bruce. Take your favorite fandoms with you and never miss a beat. This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for: Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other (Although with the insane amount of politics involved in the industry, I sadly doubt this to ever come to fruition.). Batman Confidential » Batman Confidential #31 - The Bat And The Beast, Part 1 released by DC Comics on September 1, 2009. Description. Start by marking “Batman Confidential, Vol. Mossa assurda, perchè così facendo in teoria dovrebbe rinunciare alla maggior parte del proprio arsenale e alla fama faticosamente conquistata per le strade di Gotham. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on March 25, 2011. Peter Milligan. Batman- The Bat and the Beast (Collected).jpg. Batman goes to Moscow, fights a hairy equivalent of Killer Croc called The Bear, and The Tsar, a not very vicious, intelligent or inventive crime-boss who never does anything to make him worthy of ruling the other kingpins. Goodreads helps you keep track of books you want to read. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll This was one hell of an awesome Batman book! I've read this arc in separate issues, not the trade. Il criminale viene da Mosca, dove regna con il terrore grazie a una creatura di grande forza, il cosiddetto Orso. Suffice it to say, top notch characterization & beautiful artwork to boot. It is fun to see Batman in Russia dealing with corruption and crumbling infrastructure outside of Gotham. A mad Russian gangster calling himself the Tsar sets his sights on taking over crime in Gotham using an atom bomb - that is until the Batman stops him from smuggling it into Gotham and sends him back to Russia. I can't say theres ever really been a Batman comic that I didn't like so "The Bat & The Beast" has to be added to the ranks. In order to navigate out of this carousel please use your heading shortcut key to navigate to the next or previous heading. Everyday low prices and free delivery on eligible orders. Fortunately for me, this five-issue collection from Batman Confidential proves this wrong. Una volta convertito l'orso, il grande capo, che aveva terrorizzato un'intera città con un solo superumano di dubbio potere (in un mondo che di superumani è pieno, mah) perde ogni potere e (per i più sensibili: non leggete) gli ex colleghi criminali gli uccidono il cane. The graphic novel Batman The Bat and the Beast takes place in Moscow when a powerful Russian criminal named Tsar threatens to take over the Gotham City mob. Hands down, the worst "Batman: Confidential" book that they've ever done. Will the Dark Knight be able to overcome these bizarre foes in an unfamiliar city where nothing is as it seems? Welcome back. Mike Marts, Janelle Asselin, Peter Hamboussi. A darkly humorous full color sci fi, fantasy and horror comic anthology from creators around the globe. I'm not too sure if that is a smart move, but that is was Peter Milligan did. Note positive: i disegni meravigliosi di Andy Clarke. Writers © 2020 GAMESPOT, A RED VENTURES COMPANY. After years of reading Batman comics and trade paperbacks we would expect him to be more smart. Inspire a love of reading with Amazon Book Box for Kids. You can search for August 31st 2010 My favorite character was Batman because I person. Non so se Batman è sempre così, ma qui sembra la propria macchietta: un pazzo criminale vuole estendere la propria area d'influenza a Gotham, minacciando di portarvi una bomba nucleare. ISBN: 978-1-4012-2794-4. Enter the URL for the tweet you want to embed. Muito murica contra comunistas, A mad Russian gangster calling himself the Tsar sets his sights on taking over crime in Gotham using an atom bomb - that is until the Batman stops him from smuggling it into Gotham and sends him back to Russia. The second reason is because I really enjoyed Andy Clarke's artwork on Batman & Robin. Pretty good, but it could have been better. BATMAN: THE BAT AND THE BEAST | DC There was a problem loading your book clubs. I like reading stories wherein Batman takes on mobsters and he did so in this story but against the Russian mob. https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Batman:_The_Bat_and_the_Beast_(Collected)?oldid=1621755, Pages using DynamicPageList parser function. Colourists. Simples e bobinha demais. Fine delle note positive. August, 2010. And I did not know that Batman can speak fluent Russian. I enjoyed this graphic novel very much. We’d love your help. This was like an off episode of the old 90's cartoon. Ottime scelte per le inquadrature, corpi solidi, marmorei, convincenti. Please try again. At least in the separate issues, the policeman and later on the thug call the girl 'babushka'. I liked the premise and there was so much to work with, but seemed underdeveloped to me. The action is steady and keeps you drawn in. Collect the batwave receivers she's dropped and find her! The story was quite good, although the writer or editor should have checked the Russian words and names. Note positive: i disegni meravigliosi di Andy Clarke. Batman: King Tut's Tomb Batman: The Bat and the Beast I think this takes place sometime before Batman gets a Robin. Add to wishlist. They reside in Moscow so Batman has to go there and pursue them on their home field before it is to late. Previous page of related Sponsored Products. He is also a scriptwriter. Written by PETER MILLIGAN Art by ANDY CLARKE Cover by JOCK In this … Batman. A self-contained Batman story, no confusing arcs, and with almost entirely new characters! This is not your typical Batman story, the characters are realistic and engaging, and it was not at all predictable. Batman Confidential The villains being a Tsar and Bear. Currently unavailable. The Bat and the Beast Our payment security system encrypts your information during transmission. Summary. I especially love the coherent duality themes between the Bat and the Bear, Gordon and the cop, Gotham and Moscow... A very good story with the blandest of art. Milligan and Clarke have created a top-notch Batman tale that takes the Dark Knight to Moscow to infiltrate the Russian mafia, Mainstream comic book titles, including anything with the Batman logo on it (which are many), often fail in that the writer tries, often desperately, to pick up previous plot and narrative threads – frequently failing – and then leaving all too soon, as another writer does the same. Short summary describing this volume. Many aspects point to this. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required. We work hard to protect your security and privacy. Dopo di che il buio. The story was quite good, although the writer or editor should have checked the Russian words and names. Comic Vine users. The Bat in Moscow 0 . Batman Confidential #31 - The Bat And The Beast, Part 1 released by DC Comics on September 1, 2009. Please try again. Il pipistrello, temendo. Batman in Moscow? Picked this book because of the artwork by Andy Clarke who's been a favorite of mine since his work on 2000AD's "13". When a powerful Russian crime kingpin known a the Tsar threatens to take over the Gotham City mob with the help of his strange associate, the Bear, Batman must travel to Moscow to take on these strange foes on their home turf. When a Russian mobster sets his sights on Gotham (unlikely, but hey), Batman must travel to Moscow--only to find that he isn't the scariest thing that lurks in the night. Share; List price: US$12.99. Non so se Batman è sempre così, ma qui sembra la propria macchietta: un pazzo criminale vuole estendere la propria area d'influenza a Gotham, minacciando di portarvi una bomba nucleare. Add some kind of Hunchback of Notre Dame guy. No recent wiki edits to this page. Cover Artists Summary Short summary describing this issue. Protesting injustice, sassing their elders, and sometimes saving the world. Also to people who enjoy adventures and thrilling story lines. Mainstream comic book titles, including anything with the Batman logo on it (which are many), often fail in that the writer tries, often desperately, to pick up previous plot and narrative threads – frequently failing – and then leaving all too soon, as another writer does the same. Sal Cipriano David Baron. Editors. In this tale from BATMAN CONFIDENTIAL #31-35, a Russian crime kingpin known as The Tsar threatens to take over the Gotham City mob, and Batman must travel to Moscow to face this strange foe on his home turf. Find all the books, read about the author, and more. If all Batman titles were written and drawn like this, DC comics sales would rise in a Gotham minute. Reviewed in the United States on October 2, 2010. Peter Milligan mi aveva fatto una grande impressione in Human Target. Meh. AbeBooks may have this title (opens in new window). It was published from September to December, 2009 in the comic book series Batman Confidential. This shopping feature will continue to load items when the Enter key is pressed. Credits Enter the URL for the tweet you want to embed. There are no discussion topics on this book yet. Catwoman has stolen your utility belt. Batman Confidential #31 - The Bat And The Beast, Part 1. Batman fights a beast who turns into (or turns out to be) a beast-with-a-heart-of-gold. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. Peter Milligan La polizia lo arresta, batman torna all'ovile più tronfio di prima. Comic Vine users. This paperback collects the following comic books: DC Database is a FANDOM Movies Community. Mas a história deixa a desejar. The Undead: Batman: Confidential #44-48 Paperback: ISBN 978-1-4012-3035-7: Batman: Super Powers: Batman: Confidential #50-54 Paperback: ISBN 978-1-4012-7772-7: See … Batman intervenes and this begins a war between the two. This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for: Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other The graphic novel Batman The Bat and the Beast takes place in Moscow when a powerful Russian criminal named Tsar threatens to take over the Gotham City mob. … Colourists Take your favorite fandoms with you and never miss a beat. My favorite character was Batman because I personally just love Batman and he is my favorite super hero. Bring your club to Amazon Book Clubs, start a new book club and invite your friends to join, or find a club that’s right for you for free. » Overall I enjoyed the book because again, Batman is my favorite super hero and I can read about him all day. Jock. Milligan and Clarke have created a top-notch Batman tale that takes the Dark Knight to Moscow to infiltrate the Russian mafia, all while getting caught up in the twisted relationship between the Tsar and his hideously misshapen right-hand man/creature, the Bear.