We will permanently ban all users who do so. And--love helping me make it. Here are some other ideas you could try. I'm definitely trying this!! I love trying out new dessert recipes and sharing my findings. All messages posted at this site express the views of the author, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the owners and administrators of this site. Oh, wow. Easy . Will try it in the freezer..... :). If you'd prefer whole raspberries, simply fold these into the mix before adding the egg whites. Add 1 cup of the sugar to the cream and continue to whisk until stiff peaks form. This sounds so good - I've made a dessert similar to this and added jello- this sounds so good - thanks for the basic recipe (my wheels are turning with possibilities). If you like, you can choose a close date a week or more after the event. I like to serve with a caramel sauce or fresh fruit; you will need something to cut through the richness of the semi-freddo. Turns out many fancy sweets aren't nearly as hard to make as I once thought! LaThing from From a World Within, USA on July 28, 2012: Thanks! Hi. Whisk the cream with the sugar and vanilla until it thickens. In a mixer with a whisk attachment, whisk the cream into medium peaks. We ask you to set a close date for your registry in order for us to know when to deliver your gifts. A word of caution—this recipe uses raw egg whites. All you need to do is follow the instructions above but add 2 tablespoons of runny honey and 1 cup of fresh raspberries to the cream along with the sugar and vanilla and then whisk until the cream thickens. This sounds like the perfect summer dessert. Making semi-freddo does not require you to make a custard base nor to churn until frozen, so it's really very simple to create a great dessert. We have 'powdered' sugar in the U.S., and there's also a 'fine' sugar, but it's not what I'd call 'superfine.' Simply create the basic recipe and add in the flavourings before folding in the egg whites: Whisky cream semi-freddo (made using Baileys or Heather Cream) Strawberry semi-freddo; Mango and passion fruit semi-freddo; Chocolate semi-freddo (using melted, tempered chocolate) Add in your egg whites—beaten to stiff peaks—and fold in carefully. The recipe is so simple to adapt. Donna Hay kitchen tools, homewares, books and baking mixes. Whisk the egg whites until stiff peaks form. I've never heard of this, but it sounds wonderful. In either case, wrap the loaf up tight and freeze until the semifreddo hits an internal temperature of about 0°F. I've always wondered what a semi-freddo is. Claim the offer Beer 52 exclusive offer: Get a free case of craft beer worth £24. It works fine, but if you prefer to use cream, that's okay. Below, I have given you a basic semi-freddo recipe which can be adapted using the ingredients of your choice. Just one question - I'm still not sure what caster sugar is? How timely is this? You may choose to have your gifts arrive beautifully wrapped or simply in their original packaging. I love ice cream and other frozen desserts. The recipe is so simple to adapt. Add the yolks to the whipped cream. Semi-freddo, meaning half-cold, is an Italian dessert which is similar to ice-cream. Become a member of donnahay.com and receive VIP offers, behind-the-scenes previews and exclusive content direct to your inbox. I always ensure that the eggs I use are as fresh as possible and come from a reputable source. Simply create the basic recipe and add in the flavourings before folding in the egg whites: For the basic recipe, you will need eggs, cream, sugar and good vanilla extract. My 7 year old niece, who has just finished battling cancer, is coming to stay with me starting today and I'm afraid of giving her anything that could endanger her health. I am going to try it for sure!