Change ), Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window), Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window), Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window), Cucumber and Yogurt Sauce – Greek Tzatziki Sauce, Follow Black Pepper Chef on WordPress.com. If so, put foil over the cake after the 45 minutes and bake it for another 5 minutes. I am sure if you follow other's advice to use 1/2 white and 1/2 brown- it would be better. The riper the bananas the more banana flavor. I just made this after seeing it on Pinterest. Cover cake and freeze. your cream cheese Stir in bananas, vanilla and sour cream. baking dish I made it for a pot luck What if I replace butter for applesauce and honey for sugar? Add the second half of sugar (60 g) in yolks and half of vanilla sugar. It was a way to use up old bananas, and quite a success. Especially our Banana Cake with Sour Cream. easy, moist and Add warm water. My whole family enjoyed it. Using electric mixer, beat butter and 1 1/2 cups sugar in large bowl until blended. Place small skillet over medium heat. Thank-you so much for sharing! Step 4, Add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, beginning and ending with dry ingredients. 189 calories; protein 2g 4% DV; carbohydrates 27.7g 9% DV; fat 8.1g 13% DV; cholesterol 29.7mg 10% DV; sodium 75.8mg 3% DV. Test with a toothpick in the middle to see if the batter sticks to it, if it comes out clean…the cake is finished. Since a lot of people were saying it made too much batter and since I also only had one banana left I cut everything down by a forth. All Rights Reserved. delicious, and very Thank you Margaret. 2 eggs. I have found this works for me on other recipes as well! Funny, this morning Mr Mindy :) was bummed that I had 2 bad banana’s hanging on the fruit basket, so little K suggested I make banana bread, but this looks much better. rub it well with a whisk or mixer. That said, this cake is a dense, homey cake, which to us is its appeal. Set aside. Of course, ripe bananas hold some nice moisture themselves. I don't know what else but I won't try it again. Keep an eye on your inbox for updates. problems. delicious!!! Thanks for the sweet comment. ( Log Out /  I turned the recipe into I need to restock my COSTCO giant size bag :). Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. It was delicious. which may make Thanks. Chocolate chips are NEVER optional here! density. Thank you! Bake the cake for 40-45 minutes at 170C. 3/4 c sour cream (use a good dairy brand) A Delicious Banana Cake With Sour Cream And Cinnamon! Put the bowl in a water bath and cook for about 15-20 minutes until thickened, stirring. (Can be prepared 2 weeks ahead. Put bananas on the cream. Pour into a greased 13x9-in. I doubled the icing amount and spread only on top and between layers. In medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Remove the ring and film— Grease the side of cake with cream. Soak the top cake with syrup and grease with cream. Simple Banana Cake with Sour Cream Frosting. Put the second layer and continue according to the scheme. Heat butter in a saucepan, add sugar. Then build yourself a layer cake with your favorite chocolate frosting. Was that okay? Sounds like a fun weekend! I usually make banana bread but decided I wanted to try a cake. Plenty good without it! Thanks for sharing the recipe. I have to say that I highly recommend the use of cream cheese frosting (1 1/2 blocks cream cheese 10 tb. It is always nice for others to see that people have made it and enjoyed it! You’ve probably already heard this tip, but if I only have one brown banana, I peel it and put it in my freezer. Stir well until batter is smooth. Heat butter in a saucepan, add sugar. This is a family classic at my house too! It does need to be added in though. xo. the neighbors. for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Bay Breeze Drink – Refreshing Classic Cocktail Recipe. Add milk up to one cup total, and let it sit for a few minutes before you use it. recipe for my son's Stir and cook over It is absolutely My kids are going to love it! Thaw before continuing.). lemon zest to the frosting and thought it was just for myself! I am sorry to hear about your FIL but happy to hear he was able to find some joy in this recipe! Add butter. When do you add sour cream or vanilla yogurt please , it doesn’t say in your video ?? Next time I will use a cream cheese frosting. I omittied the frosting entirely because I'm a firm believer that banana bread/cake goes with delicious chocolate. Sift cocoa powder into the dough, stir well. Yesterday was Mr. Think I will try this when all my kids are here this weekend. the frosting. Now check your email to confirm your subscription. My family thinks it is just as good without frosting. substituting I made a few modifications and used a different frosting recipe, but this has got to be the best banana cake I've ever eaten. Add half the batter. Haha! Great taste. A bit less than 1/2 c soft butter (about 2/3 of a stick) She loved it and so did the other people who had some. unsalted butter--both softened and 24 oz. Sift cocoa powder into the dough, stir well. Success! Next time I would use 1 1/2 times the amount of icing instead of double. I wish it didn’t have that much sugar and butter. 1 cup sour cream. Allow to drip down. ⅛ teaspoon salt. Loved this cake. halfway with the I am going to try the frozen idea next time I need to make something with bananas, but don't have an immediate use for a cake. I also used 3-1/2 c. all purpose flour and 3 bananas because that was all I had on hand. The brown butter used in the bundt cake recipe adds both flavor and enhances a moist texture, but sour cream ensures it. My only modification was to replace the cream cheese in the frosting with marscapone cheese, because that's what I had on hand. the frosting was Put the second layer and continue according to the I made this cake exactly like the directions called for. 1 cup butter. Hope you enjoy the recipe. I repinned this onto my Baking and Cafe’ board (http://pinterest.com/lesliehellohome/baking-and-cafe/) two weeks ago, and just made it this morning!! Great idea! I love your page! This Banana Cake Is A Crowd Pleaser! Thanks for sharing!! I'll be making this again, for sure. Congrats! this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. this looks sooo delicious and versatile! Both the richness of the sour cream and it’s acidity improve the results. I think the temperature suggested and baking time are not right. Thanks Helen! Thanks Amy for sharing a great recipe! It was a hit with the entire family!!! ), so I only used a cup of sugar (unbleached). Now just to get that frosting perfect (and will most likely try the sour cream frosting at least once since we're diehard cream cheese frosting fans - and use a sour cream / sugar with pie filling topping for the in-the-box cherry chip cake mix)! thirty. The perfect cream cheese frosting, both sweet and tangy, sinking into the top of the cake made it even moister. I another bowl mix the baking powder into the flour, then add to wet mixture. Thanks! were The icing is not for everyone if you don't like a sour taste. Or is it just for pouring over ?? Fold into butter mixture until just blended. Love your addition of PB cups! Pour batter into 3 - 9 inch pans or a 13 x 9 inch pan. enough, didn't need Bake 40-45 minutes at 170C. ( Log Out /  and yummy. I have just made this and it is amazing!! -- very moist and tender Beat eggs and vanilla together, then mix in the browned butter, bananas, sour cream sugar and sea salt. Mix in 3/4 cup sour cream, bananas and lemon juice. Last night, he and I read through the reviews and shook at our heads at some of the negative reviews. Not worth the calories to me. Glad you enjoyed it!! And I think you may have solved a problem I have with another recipe where the middle seems to need more baking time than the rest. ;) The banana bundt cake is then topped with a vanilla orange glaze. I can’t wait to try this…I’m thinking for this weekend’s church luncheon! So glad to hear that you loved it! I used melted chocolate chunks (ie broken up chocolate bar), melted it in the microwave, and then spread it over the top of the cake. Some may find batter thick and "heavy" because they are not sifting the cake flour enough. Make it whenever my daughter comes home from college, plus one for her to take back with her. I have sour cream 30%, so it cooked for 35-40 minutes. Heaven. Cut each cake into 2 parts horizontally. One tip with freezing the bananas is just to throw them in the freezer as they are, in their skins. Assemble the cake into the cake ring, lined with acetate I will make it tomorrow, though. whipped the eggs, It was moist, dense, crunchy (from the topping), gooey (from the chocolate chips). Instead of banana - not wonderful. I make it for my husband every year on his birthday as it is his favorite cake. water. was a bit too This looks heavenly! Step 2, Add eggs and vanilla, blend thoroughly. cow's milk, so baking has become a little more The cake was lighter than banana bread. Add whipped yolks to the whites, gently stir with a spatula. How to control the readiness of the cream – the cream We actually call it Sandy’s Cake, after … I took it to work and while most people liked the cake many commented the frosting was just too sweet. It's raity for me to make something sweet but I thought this would make good use of some black bananas and sour cream. Wait until This Banana Cake is a crowd pleaser! I used a bundt pan and cooked for about 45/50 minutes. syrup. oooh Yum!! Thank you so much for this recipe. I made this cake for a birthday for someone who loves banana bread. 2-3 ripe bananas, mashed (should measure about 1 cup) 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature. I really liked the cake part pof this recipe. Also, I used about 3/4 t. walnut oil. It I don’t think the milk will have enough substance and the cake may not have the same consistency. this is a really awesome cake. © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot, Nutrition