This is the only banana muffin recipe … In a medium bowl combine eggs, honey, mashed bananas, vanilla, milk and coconut oil. Anyhow, they turned out perfect and next time I'll try with applesauce. I know this may sound really weird but I have a thing about coconut and coconut oil….I absolutely hate it!!! Fold in the chocolate chips. Here’s what you’ll need: Allow the muffins to cool for a couple of minutes before releasing them from the pan to cool completely. Any time I can have chocolate for breakfast I am one happy gal These look fantastic- need to try them soon! Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Made with honey, oats, bananas, coconut oil and chocolate chips! Enjoy! Amount is based on available nutrient data. I usually do a mix of dark chocolate chips and semi sweet chocolate. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Stir until combined, do not over mix. Total Carbohydrate First time I made them just as the recipe stated. I only did 2 things different in this recipe. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). I hope you like them!! 22.8 g Scoop batter evenly into prepared muffin tin. These are phenomenal!! I do not prefer apple sauce as it makes muffins sticky, so I used a 1/2 cup of vegetable oil instead. Thank you so much! Info. 7 %, Low-Fat Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins. A freezer friendly breakfast or snack! I also replaced the chocolate chips with blueberries and coconut. Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. Stir whole wheat flour, rolled oats, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and chocolate chips together in a bowl. The greek yogurt adds protein and keeps the muffins moist. Whisk eggs in a separate bowl until frothy; mix applesauce, skim milk, and banana … I am currently in college and I am currently on a path to weight loss and a grab-and-go is perfect for me! Add flax seed to the batter for added fiber. Bake for 30 minutes or until set and the tops are slightly brown. Yum! I don't know how this recipe got good reviews but i would never make it again. Grease a muffin pan with non stick cooking spray. Learn More, A classically trained chef with a passion for cooking! Delish! In a large bowl combine the oats, sugar, cinnamon, salt and baking soda. There were a couple of things I did differently...I didn't have unsweetened applesauce so I used regular. I replaced the sugar with splenda and a little honey. Cool in pan for 5 minutes before removing to finish cooling on wire racks. Divide batter evenly between prepared cups, adding a scant 1/4 cup to each. I made this per the recipe. Yes, I know, I'm defeating the purpose of "healthy" - but one thing I have learned in my motherhood. They had NO TASTE WHATSOEVER. They turned out perfectly! Fill prepared muffin cups about 3/4 full. These Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Muffins are super easy to make. The bananas, coconut oil and honey keep these muffins super soft and moist. My kiddos wouldn't even finish them. All you need is one bowl and some pantry staples. If you love the mix of banana and chocolate you will love these light muffins! A R. Reisman recipe. I also add a good amount of chocolate chips to the batter. I made the following changes: I used butter instead of applesauce because I like the buttery flavour, I used coconut sugar instead of white because it's better for you, I added 1/2 tsp of salt, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp of nutmeg and 1 tsp vanilla, I also used quick oats. Whisk eggs in a separate bowl until frothy; mix applesauce, skim milk, and banana into eggs. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. They were pretty tasty straight out of the oven, but after they cooled they were thick, bread-y, and chewy.