(Water must cover jars by 1 to 2 inches. In the meantime segment your zested citrus fruit by slicing off the ends of each fruit, standing it up on a cutting board and slicing off the pith. Remove the rind from the lemon and cut away the pith. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used. Had to use lots more water. Turn upright and set aside until cooled. Stir in sugar. Bring mixture to full rolling boil (a boil that doesn't stop bubbling when stirred) on high heat, stirring constantly. Baking Club. You can start testing at 3 minutes. I believe the Limes I am using are Tahitian limes of average size. Slice the limes very thinly. Cover with two-piece lids. Turn upright and set aside until cooled. Stir pectin into prepared fruit in saucepot. Bring boiling-water canner, half full with water, to simmer. I found this online somewhere when I was looking for a way to use up some lemons and limes that I had in the fridge. Combine rind, pulp and juices in a large heatproof bowl. Label, date and store in a cool, dark place. The fruit's high acid content and tartness makes it a powerful cooking ingredient. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 20 min., stirring occasionally. The butter will greatly reduce or eliminate the foam that you will have to skim off and is in such small amount that it will not alter the pH enough to make canning unsafe but do not increase the amount as that could raise the pH too much!! Finely slice the lemon rind, ensuring you retain all the juice. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat together softened butter, sugar, Add boiling water, if necessary.) Cut remaining 7 limes into sections, removing and discarding peels and membranes. 100 %, cups citrus segments and juice (I used about 10 lemons and 4 limes to get to this amount, you could use any lemon to lime ratio that). You’ve been added to our list and will receive our Baking Inspiration Newsletter. https://www.thespruceeats.com/lime-marmalade-recipe-1808111 Makes about 5 (1-cup) jars or 80 servings, 1 Tbsp. Total Carbohydrate Cover; bring water to gentle boil. Cut 1 of the limes into very thin slices; place in 3-qt. However, I always need to use a lot more limes in order to have a pulp weight of 450 grams. Add butter to reduce foaming, if desired. The baking soda in this recipe helps make the peels less bitter and more tender and eliminates the need to soak them overnight - it also helps if you remove as much pith as possible and slice the peels very thinly! If you've got eight limes and some SURE-JELL Fruit Pectin on hand, you're well on your way to making this gift-worthy homemade marmalade. Roughly chop the lemon pulp. (If you’re not already a member, please join!). Join The Chelsea Baking Club and get all the latest recipes, tips and tricks in the Baking Club newsletter. Bring to boil. Setting time will vary depending on saucepan size and heat of hot plate.6. Wash jars and screw bands in hot soapy water; rinse with warm water. To ‘like’ a recipe, please login to the Baking Club. Add lime sections to saucepan; cover and simmer an additional 10 min.. Remove from heat. Then I thinly slice the flesh. I also have to use a lot more water, otherwise the pulp sticks to the pan while simmering. Process in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes, adjusting for altitude. Remove jars and place upright on a towel to cool completely. Label, date and store in a cool, dark place. Scrape as much of the pith as possible from each strip of peel with a very sharp knife and slice the zest into very small, thin pieces. Test a small amount of marmalade on a cold saucer at 3 minutes (the surface should wrinkle when a spoon is pushed through it).7. Lower rack into canner. Use a sharp knife to remove ends from the limes and lemons. lime marmalade, gin, simple syrup, gin, absinthe, fresh lime juice and 3 more Lemon & Lime "Mojito" Baby Bundts Irish Baking Adventures large eggs, lemon curd, greek yogurt, lemon zest, caster sugar and 10 … The jars need to sit for 2 weeks before you taste to let the marmalade mellow and lose some of its bitterness. saucepan. Return to full rolling boil and boil exactly 1 min., stirring constantly. each. Browse lime recipes ranging from desserts to drinks. * Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. I found this online somewhere when I was looking for a way to use up some lemons and limes that I had in the fridge. A squeeze of lime or sprinkling of lime zest can make all the difference in a recipe, whether it's a rich meat dish or decadent dessert. 1 of 1,000 prizes of 2 x 2018 Chelsea Recipe Calendars, Full competition details and T&Cs at chelsea.co.nz/2018calendar. Screw bands tightly. Bring to the boil and boil for 3 - 4 minutes (removing any scum or foam with a metal spoon).5. Plus create your own recipe book and upload and show off your own amazing creations. saucepan. Test a small amount of marmalade on a cold saucer at 3 minutes (the surface should wrinkle when a spoon is pushed through it). (If lids spring back, lids are not sealed and refrigeration is necessary.). Turn upside down for 5 minutes to draw a vacuum. Add jam setting sugar, stirring over a medium heat for 1 minute or until sugar dissolves. The original recipe called for using either all lemons or all limes but I wanted to use both so I tried it out and it came out really well! ; 6,001 to 8,000 feet - increase processing time by 15 min. For more inspiration join the Chelsea Cut 1 of the limes into very thin slices; place in 3-qt. Process 10 min. To get exact level cup measures of sugar, spoon sugar into dry metal or plastic measuring cups, then level by scraping excess sugar from top of cup with a straight-edged knife. Pour soaked fruit into a large wide based saucepan. I love Lime Marmalade and have used this recipe 2 or 3 times now. Ladle immediately into prepared jars, filling to within 1/4 inch of tops. After jars cool, check seals by pressing middles of lids with finger. Quickly stir in the pectin and return to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly for 1 minute. ; 3,001 to 6,000 feet - increase processing time by 10 min. 7. Place jars on elevated rack in canner. If your efforts resulted in a runny batch, try our. The original recipe called for using either all lemons or all limes but I wanted to use both so I tried it out and it came out really well! Place the segments in a 4-cup measuring cup and keep going until you have accumulated 3 1/2 cups of segments and juice. Skim off any foam with metal spoon. Add the segments with juice and 1 cup of the sugar into the peel mixture. ; 8,001 to 10,000 feet - increase processing time by 20 min. Every once in a while, you may find that your jam does not set the way you expected. saucepot. Wipe jar rims and threads. Place a saucer in the freezer. 300.4 g Thoroughly wash all your citrus fruit and remove the zest with a vegetable peeler. * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Then cut each fruit in half and cut between the membranes to free the segments. Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for about 30 minutes.4. (Citrus fruit should weigh about 450g).2. Turn upside down for 5 minutes to draw a vacuum. Let stand in hot water until ready to use. Please enable JavaScript in the browser settings and try again. Add lime sections to saucepan; cover and simmer an additional 10 min.. Measure exactly 3-1/2 cups prepared fruit into 6- or 8-qt. Here are 20 delicious ways to use limes. Cut remaining 7 limes into sections, removing and discarding peels and membranes. Add water and baking soda; mix well. 1. Ladle quickly into sterilized jars, leaving 1/4-inch headspace. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes longer. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 20 min., stirring occasionally. 6. Remove from the heat and stir constantly for 6-8 minutes to evenly distribute the zest throughout the marmalade (if you skip this step you will end up with all of your zest floating to the top of your jars!). I use a potato peeler to remove the rind, and then continue peeling to remove the white pith which I find bitter. Bring to boil. 5 limes1 lemon1 cup (250ml) boiling water500g Chelsea Jam Setting Sugar. Pour boiling water over fruit. Pour boiling water over flat lids in saucepan off the heat. Place the prepared zest, water and baking soda in a nonreactive pot. At altitudes above 1,000 feet, increase processing time as indicated: 1,001 to 3,000 feet - increase processing time by 5 min. Allrecipes has more than 520 trusted lime recipes complete with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. Add water and baking soda; mix well. Ladle hot marmalade into sterilised jars and screw on lid to seal. This site requires JavaScript. Allow to stand overnight.3. Drain jars well before filling. Probably doesn't need the jam setting sugar either,ordinary sugar be just fine. Ladle hot marmalade into sterilised jars and screw on lid to seal. Stir in the remaining 5 cups of sugar and butter and bring to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly. Thank you for subscribing! Refrigerate after opening. I usually get somewhere between 3 and 4 pints from this recipe.