Oven Variation: Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Place green beans in a microwavable bowl with 1 tablespoon water. Bland. I added asparagus to the mix. 15 minutes was perfect for us since we like our veggies crunchy. However, there are ways to prepare a fantastic holiday dinner while still saving a few dollars. But, in no way am I going without the […], Preparing a holiday meal can get pricy. Divide vermouth and butter evenly between each pouch. Turkey is typically the […]. Bake in the preheated oven until fish fillets flake easily with a fork, 15 to 20 minutes. Top tilapia filets … Fold the foil over and pinch to seal. 180 calories; protein 24.2g 48% DV; carbohydrates 7.4g 2% DV; dietary fiber 2g 8% DV; sugars 3.4g; fat 6.6g 10% DV; saturated fat 1.3g 7% DV; cholesterol 56.7mg 19% DV; vitamin a iu 510.7IU 10% DV; vitamin c 17.3mg 29% DV; folate 52.3mcg 13% DV; calcium 44.8mg 5% DV; iron 1.4mg 8% DV; magnesium 47.8mg 17% DV; potassium 590.8mg 17% DV; sodium 423.3mg 17% DV; thiamin 0.1mg 10% DV. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). I actually felt healthier after eating it. Offers may be subject to change without notice. How to Make Baked Tilapia with Vegetables. You can substitute a dry white wine for the vermouth. I think cooking only 5 minutes would not have been long enough. The mixture of the olives oregano oil and lemon juice made for a very flavourful moist and delicious meal. Pan Seared Tilapia with Spicy Pineapple Salsa, frozen vegetetables (broccoli, cauliflower and carrots works well ), Just A Pinch Recipes - # 1 Site for Real Recipes from Real Home Cooks, Show 4 Comments & Reviews, 18 Inexpensive Thanksgiving Dinner Recipes. See Oven Variation, below.). Step 3. Planning a menu early and shopping sales are two tips. Typically flavored with fall spices (like cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves), the custard pie is creamy and luscious. But it all tasted the same. Bake in the preheated oven until fish fillets flake easily with a fork, 15 to 20 minutes. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. ¼ cup pitted and coarsely chopped black olives. I baked mine in the oven and wasn't done cooking after 20 min. It was so pretty & the fish moist. Place one portion of tilapia in the center of the foil. Since then, pumpkin pie has evolved. Place fish into the individual foil packets and place carrots and celery on top of each fillet. Combine tomatoes, squash, onion, green beans, olives, lemon juice, oregano, oil, capers, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a large bowl. it felt so summery even if we baked it in the oven This is good even in February with an Italian Soave wine and a good rustic bread to soak up the juices on the plate. We all enjoy it. I found this recipes several months ago at allrecipes.com I have made a few revisions to suit our taste. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Seal each foil packet and place on a baking sheet. Potatoes are inexpensive and Hasselback potatoes make an amazing presentation. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Bake the packets directly on an oven rack until the tilapia is cooked through and the vegetables are just tender, about 20 minutes. Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. 1 cup thinly sliced red onion. 1 cup 1 cup quartered cherry, or grape tomatoes. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Info. They cook in only 5 minutes! A little bland but healthy so I would recommend adding a light Italian dressing ( 3 tbsp) to the vegetable mix before cooking on the tilapia....I used the Light Red Wine Vinaigrette by Wishbone and this was a nice to blend with the vegetable mix. Back to Baked Tilapia with Veggies in Foil. I heated the grill for awhile on high and then cooked the packets that were removed from the refrigerator on high for 6 minutes. Never again. Make sure all the seams are tightly sealed to keep steam from escaping. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Repeat with more foil, cooking spray and the remaining fish, salt, pepper and vegetables. I suffered through it because of the 1300 calorie diet I'm on. To serve, carefully open both ends of the packets and allow the steam to escape. To make a packet, lay two 20-inch sheets of foil on top of each other (the double layers will help protect the contents from burning); generously coat the top piece with cooking spray. Easy and delicious. Create aluminum foil packets for each fillet. This is an easy and tasty way to prepare tilapia in foil with veggies. Ingredients. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. Pinch seams together along the sides. Seal each foil packet and place on a baking sheet. Instead of chopping and buying all fresh produce I had a pkg of Summer Vegetables (PictSweet) with all the ingredients and carrots. With this additional time I found that the fish was cooked just right but not overcooked and the veggies were also cooked but still crisp. EatingWell may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. Sprinkle with salt and paprika; Set aside. I really wanted to like this. Place fish into the individual foil packets and place carrots and celery on top of each fillet. Jump on the latest food trend with our step-by-step guide to making hot chocolate bombs. Preheat the oven to 400'. Sprinkle with some of the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper, then top with about 3/4 cup of the vegetable mixture. I have no clue what the other reviewers are talking about when they say this was bland. You can make up the packets in advance then just toss them on the grill when it's time to eat. Bring the short ends of the foil together, leaving enough room in the packet for steam to gather and cook the food. I thought this was very flavorful and so easy! Divide vermouth and butter evenly between each pouch. Here's why we should all lean in harder and embrace our comfort-food cravings. 1 cup 1 cup quartered cherry, or grape tomatoes, 12 eaches green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces, ¼ cup pitted and coarsely chopped black olives, ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided, 1 pound tilapia fillets, cut into 4 equal portions, Back to Tilapia & Summer Vegetable Packets, © 2020 EatingWell.com is part of the Allrecipes Food Group. What Should You Eat If You Come Down with Coronavirus? Then I rotated the packets to assure even cooking and cooked for 5 minutes longer. My husband tried but eventually threw it out & made himself a sandwich. Preparing an easy Thanksgiving that is. Assemble packets (Steps 3-4). Cover and microwave on High until the beans are just beginning to cook, about 30 seconds. This is a great recipe for company. Preheat oven to 400F (or preheat grill to medium). We really loved this dish. Amount is based on available nutrient data. Instructions. All Right Reserved. Yes, I’m having Thanksgiving without pie to simplify my effort during this crazy 2020 holiday meal. Will definitely make this again! My original review did not save so long story short, this is a good recipe and the vermouth adds a lot of flavor. It was gross. The one thing missing from the recipe is salt. Use a spatula to slide the contents onto plates. 1 cup diced summer squash. Cook for the full 20 minutes if you like yours softer. And the texture of the vegetables soggy. Create aluminum foil packets for each fillet. It was delicious and better than I expected! really good Pros: surprisingly easy great taste with capers lemon and olives Cons: uses humungous volumes of foil which seals in juices perfectly with no leaking. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Season each filet with salt and pepper. Here is some guidance from a registered dietitian on foods and drinks that may help you feel just a little bit better if you get sick with COVID-19. Lay down aluminum foil on baking sheet and arrange fillets in a single layer. Well look at it this way least I didn't fry it with a bread coating! © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot, Nutrition I didn't think I could eat the fish baked so I cheated I would say by adding another 1 - 2 tbsp of oil into a pan and frying it. 207 calories; protein 24g 48% DV; carbohydrates 8.5g 3% DV; fat 7.4g 11% DV; cholesterol 56.3mg 19% DV; sodium 123.4mg 5% DV. This was easy tasty and nutritious! You saved Baked Tilapia with Veggies in Foil to your. Now, there are […], The name of the game this year is easy.