Crostini (see below for how to make), freshly sliced french bread, or pita. Serve honey ricotta dip with crudites, crackers, or add it to an epic charcuterie board! Season with salt and pepper. Gently stir in the apricots. Figs would be delicious! Wrap securely in a freezer bag and squeeze out any excess air. I opened an ONLINE BAKESHOP @goodda, Little ’s first pumpkin patch and first @ell, Happy first day of fall! I wouldn’t recommend a wheaty or nutty cracker. Add the orange zest, honey, and salt; whisk to combine. The horror! Last but not least – caramelized onions and thyme are great in a This baked ricotta dip is an easy appetizer that’s served warm, and perfect for any time of year; from Super Bowl parties to summer rosé tasting parties! No matter what holiday you celebrate, I hope it’s warm and wonderful. Ricotta appetizer is best served warm, but may also be enjoyed at room temperature. Hi, I'm Erin Clarke, and I'm fearlessly dedicated to making healthy food that's affordable, easy-to-make, and best of all DELISH. Garnish sweet dip with a drizzle of honey and any of the optional ingredients, and garnish the spicy dip with a drizzle of olive oil and any of the optional ingredients. Bake for 7-8 minutes, flip, and bake 5-7 minutes longer. Step 2 - Bake for 30-40 minutes until the centre is no longer wobbly. Pour the ricotta mixture into the prepared baking dish. My favorite King Arthur Flour Recipes – after 60 days of baking KAF recipes, Matcha Christmas Wreath Shortbread Cookie, Granola Biscotti – when afternoon coffee meets breakfast, Crumpets – recipe and how to eat them like a pro. 1 1/2 cups of fresh whole milk ricotta1 large egg, room temperature1 1/2 Tbs of Parmesan cheese, shreddedUnsalted room temperature butter for greasingSea saltFreshly ground black pepper1 loaf of fresh baked breadExtra virgin olive oil for brushing2 sprigs of fresh thymeTruffle honey (it is pricey, but a little goes a long way)Crushed pistachios. Would love your thoughts, please comment. © Australian Good Food Guide Publishing Pty Ltd 2020. Spoon into prepared baking dish. I sprinkled a handful on top, tried a bite, and…. Since ricotta cheese contains so much moisture I wouldn’t recommend freezing it. If desired, pour marinara on top and top with mozzarella cheese. "The slow cooking steams the pumpkin inside and intensifies its flavour." All rights reserved. Follow @wellplated on Instagram, snap a photo, and tag it #wellplated. Sprinkle with pistachios and drizzle with remaining 1 tablespoon honey. Bake for 25 - 30 minutes, or until hot and bubbly. It was by far one of the tastiest bites I had the … Crostini, freshly sliced french bread, or pita, Fresh vegetables, like carrots, celery, or bell peppers. In the moments leading up to my guests’ arrival, I am seized with a single, nagging fear: what if, despite all my preparations, potluck assignments, and counting/recounting of the guests, we run out of food. Smear warm ricotta on a toast and drizzle with truffle honey. Spoon into a greased ovenproof baking dish. If you haven’t fallen in love with this light, fluffy fresh cheese, let’s see if I can get you onboard. In a medium bowl, whisk the ricotta with the egg and 2 tablespoons of the olive oil to combine. It’s not gussied up by bacon or breadcrumbs; rather, it’s unapologetic in its cheesiness. In a medium bowl, combine ricotta, egg and Parmesan, and 1/8 teaspoon of sea salt. Bake until the ricotta is lightly golden on the surface and appears somewhat set when shaken, 20 to 22 minutes. Ricotta Dip with Crackers.I’ve made this ricotta honey appetizer recipe a few times since, and after thorough testing with different varieties of crackers, my friends and I agreed that simple thin, buttery crackers like many of these taste best.. Because their flavor is mild, butter crackers allow the flavor of the cream cheese, honey… This Baked Ricotta Dip was inspired by the Ricotta al Forno appetizer (photo for reference by Kelly Stilwell) at Trattoria al Forno on the Boardwalk.