In a large bowl combine the gnocchi, chicken, onion, garlic, pasta sauce and water. For this recipe you will need a skillet and a casserole. Thanksgiving is literally a few short weeks away and then it’s Christmas! If using a separate casserole, transfer everything to the casserole, then sprinkle with the Parmesan. Do you cook the chicken before baking it x. 1 Par-cook the gnocchi: Bring a large kettle of water to a boil. I hope you’ll stay and have a look around. Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and the nutmeg. Then add some gnocchi to this Chicken Piccata for the ultimate tasty comfort food dinner! So, you’ll have some super awesome food on the table real fast! Hi there, and welcome to Countryside Cravings. Enjoy! Transfer mushrooms to a plate and wipe out the skillet. My name is Malinda and I love food! Top with cooked gnocchi, spinach and Asiago cream sauce. It’s loaded with melted cheese, fluffy gnocchi and chicken. We will blink and it will be 2016! I use DeLallo brand and I haven’t had a complaint yet. Countryside Cravings © 2020. Your email address will not be published. All rights reserved. 8 ounces white mushrooms, sliced (about 4 cups), 1/2 rotisserie chicken, skin removed, meat shredded (about 2 cups), 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese (about 1 ounce), Sign up for the Recipe of the Day Newsletter Privacy Policy, Chicken and Broccoli Twice-Baked Spaghetti Squash. Whisk in the milk and chicken broth, simmering while whisking, until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. If you have an oven-safe skillet with deep sides, even better. A Dutch oven would work well too. And somebody get me on track. Nothing is boiled, sauteed or browned prior to baking and this is what saves time on prep. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly grease a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish, set aside. Unless, of course you want to serve this for Thanksgiving.  Enjoy! Hi, my name is Malinda and welcome to Countryside Cravings! For now lets talk about this cheesy comfort food. Whisk in 1/2 teaspoon salt and the nutmeg. In a large bowl combine the gnocchi, chicken, … Their gnocchi is 85% potato and not filled with a bunch of extra flour so it’s more like homemade. I do want to stress to buy quality gnocchi when making dishes like this. Download your Baked chicken gnocchi with garlic asiago cream sauce recipe card to save! Photo credit: © Eatwell101.com. Serve hot, garnished with parsley. Required fields are marked *. Stir in the flour and cook, whisking, for about 3 minutes. Notify me via e-mail if anyone answers my comment. Learn how your comment data is processed. Bake until bubbling, about 20 minutes. Thinly sliced chicken is dredged in seasoned flour and sautéed in a dreamy lemon butter pan sauce with wine and capers. Use a slotted spoon to transfer it to a bowl and gently toss it with the olive oil. I need to be planning turkey day food for you all, not pasta. Melt the butter in the skillet over medium heat; add the flour and cook, whisking, 3 minutes. Reduce the heat under the skillet to medium and melt the butter in the skillet. Stir in the salt and leave the gnocchi in the water for 30 seconds. Sprinkle with Parmesan, then transfer the whole shebang to the oven. Here you will find recipes to please the whole family. Position a rack in the upper third of the oven and preheat to 425 degrees F. Heat the olive oil in a deep ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Roast in the oven until completely cooked through, about 25-30 minutes. Spoon into prepared casserole dish. All Rights Reserved. © 2020 Discovery or its subsidiaries and affiliates. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Transfer to a plate and wipe out the skillet. It is super simple to put together (which is a must for me) and it only bakes for 30 minutes. Thanks again and I hope you enjoy! I hope you’ll stay and have a look around. Add in the chicken, mushrooms, gnocchi, and spinach. Oooh that cheese! Total Carbohydrate Heat your skillet over medium high heat, add the oil, then mushrooms, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, about 4 minutes or so. Loaded with melted cheese, chicken and fluffy gnocchi. Transfer to a plate and wipe out the skillet. Whisk in the milk and chicken broth until smooth; simmer, whisking constantly, until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Turn on the broiler; broil until lightly browned on top, about 3 more minutes. In a medium skillet cook the chicken until almost done. Top with shredded cheeses and bake for 30 minutes or until lightly browned and bubbly. Place the gnocchi in a large skillet and pour boiling water over the top to cover. I’m not quite sure where these last few months have gone! This Baked Cheesy Chicken Gnocchi is the ultimate comfort food! Yes, cook the cut up chicken in a skillet until almost done. Add in the chicken, mushrooms, gnocchi, and spinach. Here, cooked gnocchi are combined in an easy creamy sauce with some leftover cooked chicken and some fried mushrooms and the whole lot is popped in the oven for half an hour. If using a separate casserole, transfer everything to the casserole, then sprinkle with the Parmesan. And yes agreed how is it November?! Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly grease a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish, set aside. Position a rack in the upper third of the oven and preheat to 425 degrees F. Heat the olive oil in a deep ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms, season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, about 4 minutes. Add the mushrooms, season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, about 4 minutes. I do actually have some posts planned that would be more appropriate for Thanksgiving coming up, so don’t worry. Sprinkle with the parmesan, transfer the skillet to the oven and bake until bubbling, about 20 minutes. Bake until bubbling, about 20 minutes. Most skillets are only safe to 350 degree or 400. Your email address will not be published. 24 oz jar pasta sauce (I used Barilla Traditional pasta sauce). Chocolate Cupcakes with Chocolate Buttercream, Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Ham and Onions. Thanks for catching that! Baked Cheesy Chicken Gnocchi- this dish is the ultimate comfort food! Stir to coat everything and wilt the spinach. If you like, turn on the broiler and brown the top for about 3 minutes. Stir to coat everything and wilt the spinach. Snap a pic and tag me on IG @countryside_cravings  — We love to see your creations on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter! 10.1 g I won’t judge. It’s a great family dinner and couldn’t be simpler to make. Sprinkle with Parmesan, then transfer the whole shebang to the oven. Here you will find recipes to please the whole family. Arrange chicken thighs into the prepared baking dish. Somebody slow down time. 3 %. Add the chicken, mushrooms, gnocchi and spinach to the sauce and stir until coated and the spinach wilts. In a medium skillet cook the chicken until almost done.