I am so happy I found this recipe! […], Your email address will not be published. love the pug kissing booth! This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. Love it! They have a crunchy outside that's been rolled in cinnamon and sugar and a soft inside. Your fur baby is super cute! Hey Jenna,I have no experience with Smart Balance, but it’s worth a try! Does it mean I cannot use this recipe? Absolutely love that these are baked! Bake until golden brown, rotating the trays from top to bottom about halfway through, 15 to 18 minutes. I loved the consistency of this batter though, sticky but you can control it and can be easily transferred to a piping bag without much of a mess. These are awesome! I put the flour in the bowl and then poured in the boiling water/butter/salt mix. They may not be the real McCoy, but what you might call a generic. It comes together easily and is then piped on a cookie sheet. Heat fondue as indicated on package and serve with churros. For the life of me I can’t understand why this recipe is so hit or miss for so many people. I loved that they were baked. Same problem, did you try something different to make it work? I’m making these now for my sister’s Fiesta-themed bridal shower! OMG BAKED CHURROS???????? (I used salted caramel sauce because I had it on hand. cool! The recipe is perfect and I will definately make them again. I always wondered how it got its shape!! I love that these are baked! I love this recipe it’s really easy and always works perfect. And little Churro is adorable! I saw this recipe and thought I’d give them a try since I LOVE churros and baking is a lot healthier than frying.. After making them (which was pretty simple) I just had to try them right away and I have to say I was kind of disappointed.. Not at all what I expected. Once the cinnamon-sugar mixture is too wet to coat, mix together a fresh batch with the remaining 1/4 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. I’ve been wanting to make it but the frying part is a turn-off. And since I have no access to a deep fryer, baking them is my only option. NOPE — too much oil. Do you know about how long it would take for the churros to crisp up again? I’ve never made them with WW flour, but PLEASE let me know if you do! :), Thanks for the feedback! Homemade churros cooked in the oven come out golden brown, with a crunchy exterior and a soft interior. to get diaper bag including these whistles and bells than buying them separately. The churros can be baked and coated 1 day ahead of time and stored at room temperature in an airtight container. I use a soy type of stick butter found in the organic aisle or soy margarine also in stick form. Pugs in general is adorable :)Hasppy Valentine's Day! Pugs are my favorite kind of dog :) I love these churros too! (I used what we had, 1 large and 2 jumbo!) This recipe is just perfect. 5. Use a pair of kitchen scissors to cut the end of the dough from the piping tip (Image 1). I’ve been meaning to try these for a while now, and I love your baked version! Oh and I piped them warm- no need to cool the dough! Very yummy though!! You can add them gradually, one at a time, while mixing to keep things moving and cool :), Wow, so delicious. When all the eggs are are combined add the vanilla. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Cover two baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside. 2. Wondering if that’s a bad idea to separate the mixing dough and baking process. Is this a type-O? Yum! I am on board with baking churros because 1. they are delicious and 2. Get Baked Mini Churro Bites Recipe from Food Network You can also find 1000s of Food Network's best recipes from top chefs, shows and experts. If I make these again I'll probably omit the egg whites and make the churros a bit thinner. As you can see in the picture of the dough on the pan it was very pipe-able. Nice looking churros!! :). I’m totally making it asap! Make a well in the center of the dough. Baked churros? Instead of spraying the churros and rolling them in sugar i mixed the sugar cinnamon i(i also added cream cheese fronting) n a bowl with a lil butter and brushed it on them with a cooking brush i also made them much smaller and YUM! The dough was hard to work with because it was very sticky. :). Repeat the last step with the next two eggs. Add eggs one at a time mixing vigorously after each addition and ensuring the mixture is smooth and even before adding next egg. Love love love!!!