Or it could be that it can be made in large quantities, making it ideal for Southern social events like potlucks and tailgates. To make the sauce melt 3 Tablespoons of butter in a small saucepa n. Combine the sugar and corn starch in a small bowl and … Put the Weetabix into a mixing bowl with the raisins, sugar and milk. Good Food Deal Bake, uncovered, in the microwave on High for 8-10 mins. Add the half-and-half and carefully whisk to combine. Be careful not to over bake the banana bread pudding if you want that slighty gooey, custardy interior because the contrast of the firmer exterior with the soft and tender interior is wonderful. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. Ya know, I love a good bread pudding. Bread Pudding To The Rescue. Until I tried it. amzn_assoc_region = "US"; When the bread pudding is in the final 5 to 10 minutes of baking, make the sauce. Because the riper they are the more banana flavor they put into our baked goods. Watch carefully so they don't burn. It was soft, tender and very tasty with a good, strong banana flavor. It tastes best if you can chill it overnight before baking (which makes it a great make-ahead dessert). 14 Comments, Posted in: All Recipes, Bread, Rolls, Muffins & Breakfast, French Toast, Quickbread. To a medium bowl, add the eggs and lightly beat them. Learn how to make banana pudding with 13 of our best banana pudding recipes that even your grandma would be impressed by. DON’T MISS A RECIPE! I did have bananas that needed to be used, but I didn't want the "stand by" of banana bread. Cover the dish with cling film and refrigerate 8 to 12 hours. In my opinion, the banana flavor is the superstar in this recipe, and one that I've never seen before in rice pudding. No one in my house turned away from asking for seconds. Bread pudding meets banana bread in this EASY breakfast or brunch recipe that everyone will LOVE!! Arrange, butter side up, with the banana in a microwavable dish (approx 23cm wide by 5cm deep). To make the sauce melt 3 Tablespoons of butter in a small saucepan. This Banana Bread Pudding has all the flavors of your favorite banana bread but baked up in a 9″x13″ dish and drizzled with a easy and flavorful caramel sauce that is TO DIE FOR. Boil for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes. Lightly grease a baking dish with 1 tablespoon of butter; place the remaining butter in a saucepan over low heat and melt the butter. If you’re more of a pro in the kitchen and are comfortable drying it out in a low, 200F oven, flipping and turning the cubes every 15 minutes or so until it’s dry, but not toasted, go for it. My motto is try everything once, and twice if you like it. Add the bananas and stir to combine (Note - use firm bananas so they hold their shape and don't fall apart while baking). I have issues with baking with bananas other then banana bread. Reviewer lutzflcat says, "Oh my, this is crazy good! Get the Cooks Professional Espresso Maker for just £39.99, Choose the type of message you'd like to post, Magazine subscription – save 44% and get a cookbook of your choice. But how did banana pudding come to be associated with the South? Firmer exterior with a custardy interior and an amazing vanilla sauce that is to-die-for!! My husband was the same, bread puddings are his fave. Print Yield: 8 Banana Bread Pudding . All in all, it was good, but nothing I would make again. Save them for banana bread because they will fall apart during baking. trying different recipes. This just might be a game changer for banana lovers, you’ve got one more delicious recipe to add to the ” banana” recipe file, ENJOY! Easy, no-mixer recipe, and a great use for ripe bananas! ", Credit: originally published August 24, 2018 — last updated August 13, 2020 The glaze makes them IRRESISTIBLE!! It just something about bananas baked, just I don't know, the flavors are weird. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Mascarpone or low fat soft cheese; Blueberries and honey; Instructions . Like out of all the dessert flavors, banana is my absolute favorite. 05 May 2012 Stir in mashed banana and 3/4 of the toasted walnuts. amzn_assoc_linkid = "2b32914de5aa586cafa6fa8fccbaf343"; Pour the mixture over the bread cubes in the casserole dish. You can taste all the different layers of flavor working with each other harmoniously. There are some recipes where you have the bread soak overnight, but I don’t have that much patience so I never make those kids of recipes usually and just try to soak my bread long enough to let the milk and egg absorb so it adheres together when baked. Serve the sauce warm over bread pudding. So we went to the Aria. And as far as the rest of the recipe, I followed to a T. I love the additon of the spices because they really made the flavor of the banana stand out with the compliments of the cinnamon. My whole family loved it! If you liked this banana recipe you might also like: Your email address will not be published. Your email address will not be published. Allrecipes Magazine, Credit: Place the bread cubes in the casserole dish, pour the melted butter over the bread cubes. Combine the sugar and corn starch in a small bowl and stir the two ingredients together. Required fields are marked *. This was fantastic and tasted just like banana bread. -  Like I mean who would want to eat milk soaked soggy bread.Those used to be my thoughts EXACTLY. A fantastic way to use bananas! Spread the French bread cubes out into the greased dish; drizzle the melted butter over the bread. But give me a banana bread, and we are good to go. Grease a 2 quart casserole dish. Now I used to be so scared of bread pudding. Remove cling film and cover dish with foil. So I have an addiction with all things banana flavored. Come take a look at Bunny’s Warm Oven! doubletigers, Credit: In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg, milk, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt. I also hope that you will make them and share. Bake at Six-Banana Banana Bread – Yes, 6 bananas in 1 loaf means it’s super soft, moist, and robust banana flavor! Remove from heat and transfer walnuts into a bowl immediately to cool. The amaretto is the key, also five bananas is the perfect number! I like to have my bread pudding served warm, usually because I make a warm sauce that drizzles over the top. See our entire collection of banana pudding recipes here. Cream Cheese-Filled Banana Bread — Banana bread that’s like having cheesecake baked in! Learn how your comment data is processed. Additional Time 5 minutes. There’s an amazing vanilla sauce that’s poured over the bread pudding after baking and before serving it. Pour over the My children are grown now and I’m a Gramma .I live along the Kentucky River with my husband Paul.I hope you visit Bunny’s Warm Oven and take with you some tasty recipes that catch your eye. — Andy, "This is a recipe that's been handed down from my grandmother," Sara Crenshaw says. I used 2 full teaspoons of cinnamon to add some pep and lots of flavor to the bread pudding. Toss the bread cubes and melted butter together to coat them. I’m sharing this on facebook, its divine! ", This fiber-rich, rice pudding version of banana pudding is a treat that folks of all ages will enjoy. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Preheat the oven to 160°C/Gas 3. Thank heavens that I did, from that first bite, I was hooked. Add the sugar/ corn syrup mixture to the melted butter in the saucepan. It was soft, tender and very tasty with a good, strong banana flavor. I was hoping for a bread pudding that leaned toward the lighter side with a custard like texture, but this turned out dense and heavy. I will say, I didn't have day old French bread, but did have an abdunance of different selections, that was getting to that point. Add the sliced bananas to the bowl and stir them into the ingredients. Bake for 40 minutes in a preheated 375 degree oven or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. until the egg mixture has set and the I have served it several times, always getting rave reviews. When we think about making cakes, bars or quick breads with bananas we want overly ripe bananas. You'll find fast and easy recipes from dinners to desserts that taste amazing and are geared for real life. Sift the flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt into a large mixing bowl. Served it warm with 1/2 and 1/2 poured over it, delicious! Please try again. I end up using almost a whole box of vanilla wafers. Stiring every 30 seconds. You cut your bread, usually a day old loaf of something such as French bread which is what we like to use but have also used challah. In addition to the vanilla pudding, you may also add chocolate pudding as a layer to make a banana pudding with chocolate and strawberries. Those ugly, black bananas get mashed up and incorporated into a batter to flavor it, so they have to have an intense banana flavor. All in all, it was good, but nothing I would make again. The top of this homemade bread pudding is lightly crusty and golden while the interior is custard-like with plenty of bananas in every bite. Whisk until the ingredients are well combined and the sugar is dissolved. I highly recommend this. Grease a 2 quart casserole dish. toasting the bread beforehand. Why we can imagine using other fruits like berries, apples, pears and pumpkins and not bananas? SO having said that.. Pour the banana mixture evenly over the bread cubes and push bread cubes into the mixture to coat well with the sauce. The dense texture actually lent itself to a bread pudding, where it would sop up all the added custard. Be careful not to over bake the banana bread pudding if you want that slighty gooey, custardy interior because the contrast of the firmer exterior with the soft and tender interior is wonderful.