Olive Oil vs Avocado Oil – Which is Healthier – Thomas DeLauer. More specifically, you want help with Olive Oil vs Avocado Oil – Which is Healthier?. Discovered that oleocanthal inhibits pro-inflammatory COX enzymes, just like Ibuprofen, and, therefore, that EVOO could help fight chronic diseases. Polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFAs) - 2 g. Total fat: 14 g (that’s about 100 grams of fat in 100 g of avocado oil) As you see, olive oil and avocado oil are almost identical in terms of fat content, so the choice between these two is mostly a matter of personal … : The Super Fish Oil that Beats all Others [Fish eggs? This Post Was All About Olive Oil vs Avocado Oil – Which is Healthier. Both oils have a relatively high smoke point, and you can use either of them for cooking and frying. 1. New To Keto But Want To Grow Your Knowledge? Avocado Oil vs. Olive Oil Both avocado and olive oil have a very similar fatty acid composition, containing over 70 percent monounsaturated (healthy) fat. Olive Oil vs Avocado Oil – Which is Healthier, https://ketocourse.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/45364/olive-oil-vs-avocado-oil-which-is-healthier.jpg, https://ketocourse.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/logo-big-rectangular-1.png, Subclinical Hypothyroidism and Zinc Deficiency, Salmon with MORE PINK is Better – Choosing the Best Salmon. So let’s break down the differences between them and figure out when you should opt for olive oil and when you should choose avocado oil. Click Here to Subscribe: Nature (2005). Browse through updates you may have missed in the past and pick up useful nuggets of information to help you succeed with your diet. Peyrot des Gachons C, et al. Get MY Groceries at My Price with Thrive Market: Get my Free Newsletter and Downloadable Cheatsheets (eating out, travel, etc): Follow More of My Daily Life on Instagram: Special Thanks to my team and Nicholas Norwitz – Oxford PhD Researcher and Harvard Med Student – for working diligently on research as well! Cooking with Avocado Oil Vs Olive Oil The smoking point of the oils is an important factor when it comes to cooking. Journal of Neuroscience (2011). Pitt J, et al. : Understanding Fats: Which Fats are Not Stable: How to do Intermittent Fasting: Complete Guide: Complete Women’s Guide to Intermittent Fasting: Beginners Guide to Prolonged Fasting | 24-72 Hour Fasting Instructions: Fasting Guidelines: What You CAN and CANNOT Drink: Intermittent Fasting over Age 40 : The Complete Guide: How to do a Keto Diet: The Complete Guide: Full Beginner Keto Meal Plan: Exactly What to Eat: Nicholas Norwitz – Oxford PhD Researcher and Harvard Med Student: Beauchamp G, et al. New To Keto But Want To Grow Your Knowledge? Hazelnut Oil. olive oil avocado oil what do I choose some people say that you can cook with olive oils some people say you have to use avocado what do you do like what is the healthier oil what should we actually be paying attention to well there’s a few things you got to watch out for okay they’re both extremely healthy fats they’re both extremely healthy when it comes down to the monounsaturated fats that trigger the production of what is called Oh a within our body so I’m not going to go into a lot of detail but basically they both are fat burning machines that are extremely undervalued on low carb diets because people are always going for the saturated fats and they forget about our good friends the olive oil in the avocado oil but where do they really start to have a difference well let’s touch on the olive oil first so olive oil gets a bad rap because people think that you can’t cook with olive oil well truth be told I’ve talked about that in my videos myself where I said you shouldn’t cook with it you should opt to cook with avocado oil but the thing is if it’s real olive oil you can cook with it up to about 420 degrees which means for the most part if you’re cooking on low to medium heat on the stove you’re not gonna have a problem it’s just hard to find true extra-virgin olive oil you see extra virgin means that it was picked and then immediately cold-pressed right after that so you end up really with a true authentic oil what makes us hard is that in 2007 The New Yorker published an article that showed that up to 80 percent of the extra virgin olive oils that were out there on the market were a total lie they weren’t really extra-virgin olive oil so I want to give you some quick tips on how to make sure what you’re getting is truly extra virgin olive oil for one it needs to be in a dark bottle okay that’s your first indicator if it’s not in a dark bottle or it’s not a metal bottle it’s not really extra-virgin okay you also should be looking on the bottle for a pressed or crushed date not a best buy date okay if it has a crush date on there and then it’s gonna tell you that’s when it was ultimately made also it’s probably going to be more than $10 if your olive oil is less than $10 I can almost guarantee it’s not extra-virgin then you also want to look for ones that have an inert gas like nitrogen added to it that’s gonna help preserve it if there’s not nitrogen added to it it’s not the end of the world but something you want to be paying attention to and lastly a lot of times good quality olive oils will have a story written on them explaining like where they’re all of their source from what the crushing process is the whole story behind the ceremony everything like that then when it comes down to avocado oil it’s not as much of a concern you see avocado oils a little bit more resilient but with that resilience comes a little bit less in the way of potency inside your body you see when it comes down to the OEA when it comes down to that oleic acid that really gets us the fat-burning benefit olive oil is definitely going to take the cake it’s definitely gonna take the prize where we get the benefit with the avocado oil is we don’t have to have the avocado oil pressed quite as quickly see avocado oil is usually done through expeller pressing sew ins up kind of getting a natural filtration and natural pressing that’s going to preserve the nutrients anyway so it’s a little bit more resilient but not quite as delicately powerful inside your body now let’s jump back to the olive oil for just a second there’s something that you should do when you first crack open your bottle of olive oil okay take a little bit in a spoon and just take a good ol bite of it okay what that’s gonna do is it’s gonna tell you a lot if you don’t get a little tingle on the back of your throat you don’t get like a peppery little cough almost a coughing action then it’s probably not truly extra-virgin I know this sounds really weird but it has to do with something known as olio Kanthal we have these things called TRP 1 receptors in our throughout these trpv1 receptors do a lot of things but in our throat they would receive that tingling sensation that almost makes you cough if the oil has oxidized where you’re not actually getting that tingling sensation then that’s how you know that it’s been oxidized and isn’t really extra-virgin olive oil I will say when it comes down to both olive oil and avocado oil you can check out thrive market okay I put a link down below in the description they have all kinds of different avocado oils different olive oils that all meet my recommendations and meet my standards so I’ve gone ahead and I’ve created keto bundles and fasting bundles and hormone optimization bundles all different kind of grocery things so thrive is a membership-based online grocery store so if you don’t have good quality oils or you just don’t want to do the research when you go to the grocery store I highly recommend that you check them out so there’s a link down below in the description after you watch this video you can get your hands on avocado oil olive oil macadamia nut oil whatever it is that you actually need for your given purpose with keto fasting whatever so now let’s address the elephant in the room and it comes down to cooking what’s going to be better for the cooking avocado or olive oil here’s what we have to remember olive oil if it is not evo o if it’s not truly extra-virgin is going to oxidize horrendously the reason that it will oxidize so much is simple it has already gone through an oxidation process because it is not truly extra-virgin which means that when you open that bottle it’s already halfway oxidized and it’s already broken down and the bonds are already disrupted so then when you put a name into a remotely hot pan it finishes off the denaturing and you have a low quality oil that isn’t just bad but it’s actually toxic because it’s going through lipid peroxidation and actually causing free radical damage within your body that’s not good stuff so avocado oil you might get a little bit more out of your bang for your buck when it comes down to the fact that it might be cheaper because you don’t have to go that high-end extra virgin olive oil route and you can cook with it at a high temperature but if you’re really trying to get the overall health benefit it’s better to spend a couple extra bucks and get the good quality olive oil it’s just hard to get good quality olive oil at the grocery store so at the end of the day yes you can cook with olive oil it just requires an education before you take that step that’s why in most of my videos err on the side of caution and I say just get avvocato Isle because I can’t always trust that you can walk into a grocery store and get the right kind of olive oil so I want to do this video to help clear the air and help people understand that but also give you a little bit of a guide in order to buy the right olive oil and also give you some guidance as to what oil might be best so as always keep it locked in here in my channel and I’ll see you in the next video. Discovered that oleocanthal helps with the antibody clearance of Aβ oligomers, thus potentially protecting against Alzheimer’s disease. ]: Coconut Oil vs. MCT Oil: What’s the Difference? Journal of Neurochemistry (2009). Li W, et al. Keto Course brings you all the latest videos and updates from the Keto worls & from all the best Keto experts. If you had to pick between olive oil or avocado oil, which would you choose? Discovered that oleocanthal binding to TRPA1 is responsible for the peppery taste of real EVOO. Discovered that oleocanthal inhibits the toxic tau fibrillization, which contributes to the development of Alzheimer’s disease. Brown Fat & Body Heat Activated by Olive Oil! More specifically, you want help with Olive Oil vs Avocado Oil – Which is Healthier? Here’s The Video Description From YouTube. A powerful polyphenol antioxidant called oleocanthal in olive oil is what gives it “that slight spicy taste you notice in high-quality, extra-virgin olive oils,” she explains. Avocado oil and olive oil contain equal amounts of saturated fat, and while avocado oil is slightly higher in polyunsaturated fat, the difference is insignificant. Meet your needs for polyunsaturated fats (like omega-3s and omega-6s) with whole foods. Both have AMAZING benefits, especially when it comes down to fat loss, but there are some subtle differences that you should be aware about. Strong in flavor and high in essential fatty acids to aid your keto diet, hazelnut oil is a … Extra virgin olive oil, avocado oil, refined coconut oil, tallow, lard, ghee, and duck fat are the best options for cooking on keto. Toxicology and Applied Pharmacology (2009). Unrefined avocado oil has a smoke point of about 480°F (249°C), while extra-virgin olive oil is about 350°F (177°C). Enjoy, and I’ll see you in the comments!