The FTSE 100 company, which owns Smirnoff vodka and Johnnie Walker whisky, will buy Aviation American Gin and its parent company Davos Brands. "The point is, to those listed below, I'm sorry... and I'll indeed be needing your help in the coming months and years. Thanks in advance! You can find me at the confluence of food, beverage and travel. That colossal sum includes an upfront payment of $335 million, with the rest contingent upon performance of the brand over the next decade. The IWSR’s data shows that more than 69m nine-litre cases of gin were consumed globally in 2018. The blockbuster deal recalls Diageo’s 2017 acquisition of another celebrity-backed brand: George Clooney’s Casamigos. (Photo by Jason Mendez/WireImage), Lounge, presented by Aviation American Gin, at Microsoft Theater Gold Ballroom on October 9, 2018 in Los Angeles, California. But it will be most familiar to general consumers for Aviation American Gin. "I want to thank Diageo for their incredible team and passion," he added. "Thanks for your email. Yet consolidation is becoming a growing trend; London gin maker Sipsmith was purchased by Beam Suntory in 2016. Namely: millennial consumers who are compelled by the more accessible tonalities of so-called ‘New World Gin.’ That basically means less juniper-forward, for the laypeople out there. Part of Aviation's appeal is Reynolds' hand in marketing it. That figure is expected to rise to over 10m cases by 2023, according to the IWSR’s data. Diageo buys Ryan Reynolds' Aviation American Gin in deal worth up to $610m This article is more than 2 months old Hollywood star will retain interest in business, where sales doubled in 2019 The drinks group Diageo has agreed to buy a gin brand co-owned by the Hollywood actor Ryan Reynolds in a deal worth up to $610m (£466m). All Rights Reserved, This is a BETA experience. He prefers Scotch to bourbon, IPAs before lagers, and In-n-Out over Shake Shack. t: +44 (0)20 3855 5477 London, © the IWSR all rights reservedThe IWSR, 39 Moreland Street, London, EC1V 8BB, Cookies help us best serve you and your company. In 2019, Aviation grew volumes at over 100%, adding the highest number of cases and accounting for 40% of super premium gin segment growth according to figures released by Diageo. The forecast CAGR is 3% for low-priced gin and 4.9% for the standard subcategory. Diageo said Aviation American Gin is "one of the fastest growing brands within the super premium gin segment in the United States", with volume growth of more than 100 per cent in 2019, and noted that the superpremium gin category has almost doubled its share of gin sales in the United States between 2015 and 2019. Watch the brand new drama series Gangs of London now on Stan. In 2019, Aviation grew volumes at over 100%, adding the highest number of cases and accounting for 40% of super premium gin segment growth according to figures released by Diageo. “We are confident that Aviation American Gin will continue to shape and drive the growth of super-premium gin in North America,” he said. CAGR for premium, super-premium and ultra-premium gin is 10.4%, 13.9% and 17.6% respectively. Reynolds’ trademark cheekiness aside, this is serious business. The standard-priced segment accounted for 20,193,000 nine-litre cases in 2018. In addition, savoury gins are now starting to move out of the craft market and into the mainstream. And yet, and yet. Several major brands have released a pink gin, including Gordon’s, Beefeater, Pinkster and Edinburgh gin. Learn more and read our, Global Ready-to-Drink Alcohol Strategic Study, Global Low-and No-Alcohol Strategic Study. Overall, IWSR analysis points towards a vibrant category. $846 million) — an initial payment of US$335 million (approx. "In related news, I just learned what an 'earn out' is... And I'd like to take this opportunity to apologise to everyone I told to go f--k themselves in the last 24 hours. In addition, gin must be careful not to repeat the mistakes of its closest rival. With this latest addition Diageo is obviously hoping to court a new audience. The super-premium gin segment doubled its share of gin sales from 2014 to 2019, and is growing at a compound annual growth rate of 18.5%, Diageo said in another statement. (Photo by Jason Mendez/WireImage). Reynolds, the Canadian star of the Deadpool films, bought a stake in Aviation gin in February 2018 and will retain an interest in the business. https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2020/08/ryan-reynolds-aviation-gin-sale-diageo Growing the brand with my company, Maximum Effort Marketing, has been among the most fulfilling projects I’ve ever been involved with.”. — Aviation American Gin ️ (@AviationGin) September 3, 2020. Part of the appeal of Aviation Gin, first crafted in Portland, Oregon, is its smaller reliance on juniper, a traditional gin ingredient. Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie started selling Miraval rosé wine in collaboration with the wine family Perrin in 2013. Indeed, consumers may be surprised to learn that the world’s biggest gin market is the Philippines, largely driven by the widely distributed and affordable San Miguel gin. Aviation’s sales increased by more than 100%in 2019 as demand for premium gin soared in North America.