Huevos Rancheros » Chef Pablo's RecipesChef Pablo's Recipes Or if you’d like, you can purchase your favorite store-bought salsa instead of making your own ranchero sauce, but the sauce is so easy and yummy that I recommend you try making your own. These cookies do not store any personal information. You can also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram to brighten up your feed with yummy authentic recipe ideas! While it is totally optional, I love to serve our huevos rancheros with a big side of refried beans to really round out the meal. Go thin! Test the oil with a small piece of tortilla to make sure it's ready. You could serve this dish with sour cream or Mexican crema for a bit more richness. By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. TIP: You can also slather the refried beans on the tostada instead. When you do this, you can serve them on the corn tortillas and then spoon a small amount of the salsa around the outside of the eggs. 14 oz), 1 Cup Cheese, Shredded or Crumbled (I recommend Queso Fresco). Continue until all of the tortillas are done. You can also set out a tostada bar and let everyone make their own plate. The tomato-chile salsa is then put on top of this and garnished with a small amount of Queso Fresco, a soft white Mexican cheese. Add the chicken broth, stir the mixture and bring to a simmer. Drain on paper towels. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. Place a corn tortillas into the oil and cook for about 30 seconds then flip over and cook for an additional 30 seconds. In this huevos rancheros recipe, corn tortillas and eggs float on a sea of homemade Colorado sauce for an authentic taste of Mexican cuisine. This delicious and authentic Huevos Rancheros recipe is a family favorite. This post may include affiliate links. Add tomatoes and chile, and sauté for an additional 3 minutes. @Sharr0ne we came from NM to OR no fresh green chilies  of any kind really miss Hatch, @Pamelabolli @Sharr0ne  You can buy Hatch Green Chili online ... That's what I do and it is Perfect! Process until pureed. The same basic ingredients are used, but the chopped vegetables are simmered in chicken broth until thickened. You want them to be fried but not hard. Of course! Let these cook until the cheese is melted and the tortillas crisp up. I’ve seen Huevos Rancheros prepared with flour tortillas, but this is more of a Tex-Mex variation and I believe it looses some of the great flavor you get with the corn. Heat a medium saucepan over a medium-high heat and add 2 Tablespoons of vegetable oil. You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies. I recommend leaving the yokes runny as that adds something to the flavor of the dish. Your email address will not be published. If you or someone you’re serving it to doesn’t really like onions or peppers, consider dicing them or even putting the salsa in a blender after it’s done cooking. We use cookies on our website to give you the most relevant experience by remembering your preferences and repeat visits. You'll...more, This is a healthy Paleo diet friendly (and gluten free) replacement for...more, I admit it; I’m what some have referred to as a Tortilla...more. The sauce is packed with roasted green chile, tomato, and onion and is topped with a sunny side up egg, making it a perfect hearty breakfast to welcome the holidays. The sauce is packed with veggies and is topped with a sunny side up egg, making it a perfect hearty breakfast for the cooler months. The ranchero sauce can also be smothered on chiles rellenos. Fry tortillas one at a time until firm, but not crisp. Now, make the sauce. We came back from our trip to Belize last month with so much tasty inspiration! If you know you’re going to want it spicy, chop up some peppers, Jalapeños, habanero or serranos, and cook them along with the onions and bell peppers. I’ve tried using thicker tortillas but found the flavor and texture was compromised a bit too much for my liking. Using corn tortillas also makes this a gluten-free recipe. You can quickly and easily change up the texture your Huevos Rancheros simply by adjusting the way the onions and peppers are prepared. My personal favorite kind of egg has a runny yolk, so poached, fried, or sunny side up eggs are all fair game. Out of these cookies, the cookies that are categorized as necessary are stored on your browser as they are essential for the working of basic functionalities of the website. Heat canola oil in a heavy skillet. TIP: Remember that the majority of “heat” in a chile is held in its seeds and membranes. All company, product and service names used in this website are for identification purposes only.