Lay on top two sheets of pasta and then spread over a third of the white sauce and 2 tbsp of the mozzarella. Scatter over mozzarella, and bake for 35-40 mins. Wonderful flavours, Definitely a keeper! These days, grown-up sensibility has taken over and we’ve tightened our belts, focus on getting rid of the debt accumulated over all those years being students before we start living the life of the young professionals I suppose we are. For every Mindful meal sold, we donate a school meal to a child living in poverty. Lightly oil a 30 x 20cm ovenproof dish. Finish with a final layer of lasagne and the rest of the cheese sauce. Drizzle the onions, aubergine, courgettes and peppers with oil, season and roast for 20-25 mins, stirring once, until golden. 2. Set aside. Cut the cherry tomatoes... 2. Stand for at least 10 minutes before serving. See more Vegetarian pasta bakes recipes (8). Sprinkle the reserved cheese over the top. Arrange a layer of the vegetables on the bottom, then pour over a third of the tomato sauce. It's layered with pasta, ratatouille and sliced aubergine, and packs in all of your five-a-day 3 hrs and 30 mins Bake for 45 mins until bubbling and golden. Heat a medium-sized pan with 1/2 tbsp oil on a medium heat and add the garlic and onion for 5 mins until softened. Steam the whole aubergines in a colander over a pan of simmering water for 30 minutes, then halve, scoop out and roughly chop the flesh. Preheat the oven to 200C / gas mark 6. Grate the Parmesan and half the Cheddar, roughly slicing the remaining Cheddar. Layer up a third of the roasted veg and a third of the sweetcorn. Of course I do get to leave the house on occasion even despite the self-imposed financial shackles – a trip to one of the several top quality local grocers we are very fortunate to have on our doorsteps is more often than not how I spend my time. 4. Stir in the spinach and cook together for 3 minutes. Copyright 2010-18 Every Nook & Cranny | All Rights Reserved, check the jar to ensure it is vegetarian if you need or or make your own with vegetarian parmesan cheese, or enough to create three layers in your dish, *= see here for my recipe or if time is really an issue, use slightly less passata as it will be more liquid than this thick rah sauce -https://joblogsjobakes.wordpress.com/2014/09/04/full-bodied-tomato-sauce/. Sprinkle lightly with grated cheese, cover with a layer of lasagne sheets, then repeat the layers twice more. ”, Please enable targetting cookies to show this banner, Please enable functionality cookies to use this feature, Cooking Buddies: Kitchen hacks with Buddy, Gennaro’s family lasagne: Gennaro Contaldo, 3 aubergines, 3 cloves of garlic, a few sprigs of fresh thyme, 6 tablespoons olive oil, 1 dried red chilli, 2 x 400 g tins of quality plum tomatoes, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 1 bunch of fresh basil, 150 g Cheddar cheese, 70 g Parmesan cheese, 250 g fresh lasagne sheets. I have some bags of the gorgeous sauce in the freezer…, If I can make hubs say he doesn’t miss the meat it’s a good thing indeed ;). A jar of pesto (so sue me), two alligator green courgettes and a bright, shiny, purple Gonzo nose which is how I think of aubergines caught my eye. 6. Arrange a layer of the vegetables on the bottom, then pour over a third of the tomato sauce. Pre-roasting the thinly sliced courgettes and aubergines gave them a nice crisp edge and a hint of char even to intensify their flavours. Spoon a third of the veg sauce into a 2.5-litre ovenproof dish, top with a layer of lasagne, add a third more veg sauce, half the mascarpone mix, more lasagne, the remaining sauce, lasagne, then remaining mascarpone mix. A rocket salad completed the meal. You name it – it was about fun, young love and excitement. Take a small oven proof dish big enough to take your lasagne sheets and pour a third of the tomato sauce into the base. Get the Cooks Professional Espresso Maker for just £39.99, Choose the type of message you'd like to post, Magazine subscription – save 44% and get a cookbook of your choice. I like to use brown rice “pasta” lasagne sheets when I’m not making fresh pasta (you can find a few recipes for fresh pasta on the blog) and they cook just the same as regular dried egg pasta. This post contains affiliate links, meaning I will earn a little commission if you chose to buy items I’ve advertised, helping me to bring you all these recipes for free! Blog, Hot smoked salmon, courgette & herby yoghurt, Sticky tamarind & ginger tofu with mangetout, Chicken, mango & lentils with tikka drizzle, Dukkah crusted fish & harissa vegetable bake, Teriyaki salmon with vegetable fried rice, Vietnamese noodle salad with turkey & peanuts, Baharat chickpeas, apricot & parsley rice, Sri Lankan coconut prawn curry & black rice.