Learn how your comment data is processed. Set a pizza stone in the middle of the oven to preheat. Pizza Sauce: Again, I've included a recipe for pizza sauce, but your favourite store-bought pizza sauce is fine, too. Most importantly though, I love sharing the joy of cooking at home, with simple, delicious and seasonally-inspired recipes. At that point, the dough is divided up into balls and allows a one-hour bench rest. Out of these cookies, the cookies that are categorized as necessary are stored on your browser as they are essential for the working of basic functionalities of the website. It does require starting the night before, as noted. You can certainly omit, if you prefer. Scatter goat cheese crumbles, then fill in spots with a bit of shredded mozzarella. Servings Makes 4 servings Place pizza stone or steel in cold oven, if using. More information in my Privacy Policy. The flavours were wonderful together and it came together very quickly. Knead and form the dough into a large ball and let it warm up for about 20 minutes. Serve with sour cream. Such a full proof flavor combination! Remove the pizzas from the oven and scatter with 1-1/2 cups arugula per pizza before serving. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Probably my fav pizza topping. I follow the oven pre-heating recommendations of the Baking Steel folks, but found that I needed to bake the pizza a bit longer than they suggest. This method prevents that dreaded experience where your pizza dough sticks to the pizza peel when trying to slide in the oven, but all the toppings manage to slide off easily into your hot oven! Preheat oven to 400 F. Lightly brush the pizza crust with the olive oil.

I did use store-bought red wine balsamic glaze here, since I happened to have picked some up recently. If you are a fan of balsamic glaze in general, you will love what a bit of red wine brings to it! Be sure to read the “Ingredient and Cook's Notes" (above the recipe card! We use cookies on our website to give you the most relevant experience by remembering your preferences and repeat visits. It’s Friday!

Bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until fully baked through (time will depend on the thickness of your pizza dough. Do you love classic, homey, comforting food, but with a modern, real food update? I use fig jam in place of sauce, top that with thin slices of prosciutto and pear, and dot it with blue cheese. This pear and gorgonzola pizza recipe is an easy and delicious one to make for dinner. Sprinkle 1/4 cup walnuts over the top and bake 10 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and lightly browned. No need to peel the pears, as the skin is thin and helps to hold the shape of the pears in the finished pizza. You are Here: Home » Main Course Recipes » Pear Prosciutto Pizza with Arugula, Sep 12, 2019 | by Jennifer | Last Updated: April 1, 2020. Pears: I used Packham pears here. Dot with blue cheese. With a glazing brush or spoon, paint a light layer of olive oil over the entire crust. It has the ability to steal a pizza … Do note that it is heavy, if that might be an issue. While bread is toasting, bring balsamic vinegar to a boil in a small saucepan over high heat.

I then slide the pizza peel under the parchment/prepared pizza and slide it into the oven and on top of the pizza stone or steel, parchment and all. Copyright © 2020 Seasons and SuppersAs an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. We also use third-party cookies that help us analyze and understand how you use this website. This website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to stand on the counter for 16-18 hours.

I love the sweet and salty combo, especially on a pizza. What a great combination of flavors. I’ve written about Sammy’s Woodfired Pizza before. As soon as I saw the recipe, I knew we had to try it.

Meet the Author: Hi! Feel free to use any pizza dough you like, including store-bought, if you prefer. It isn’t heavy and is only 200 calories per slice, so there is no pizza hangover the next day. I love that they feature locally and regionally grown organic produce and hormone-free meats and all their food pairs well with wines. Disclosure: Seasons and Suppers is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Shape dough by using your fingertips to gently press the dough out into a circle or square. Just a heads up if you want to invest in a baking steel. I've had pears and goat cheese on pizza before and loved it! *Recipe for my favourite homemade pizza dough, Jim Lahey's, is detailed above the recipe card in the post body. Please read my Disclosure Policy. And this Pear Prosciutto Pizza is my latest re-creation adventure. I enjoyed this pizza in a restaurant in Buffalo, New York. Thanks Leanne and yes, the sweet and salty thing wins me over every time :). Perogies meet pizza in this sliced potato-topped pizza, spiced with jalapeno and topped with bacon, green onion and lots of cheese. It is one of my favourites, too! Pinned :).

I only add a bit here and there, so as to not drown the great flavours of the other ingredients. Stir all the ingredients together in a large bowl. These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies. It does need to be started the night before though, so keep that in mind. You will know it is done when the cheese starts to lightly brown and bubble and the bottom of the pizza is firm and browned. It has the ability to steal a pizza your heart, it’s so good. This pear and gorgonzola pizza with arugula is one of my favorite combinations. It's a worthy addition to your pantry! Combine your diced garlic and olive oil. Pizza Dough: I've included the recipe for Jim Lahey's No Knead Pizza Dough below, which is my favourite. A handful of fresh arugula … I'm loving all the beautiful pears in the market and now I'm craving pizza, again! Spoon pizza sauce evenly over-top, leaving the 3/4-inch of the outside edge uncovered. The walnuts on the pizza have high levels of DHA, which is a type of Omega-3 fatty acid. The perfect blend of flavors will make your tastebuds happy. Want to add a Baking Steel to your kitchen? This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. Okay, that was the last one, promise.). Pizza has gotten a bad rap, but really, it all comes down to the kinds of ingredients you use. That means it’s pizza night at our house and we are making pear and gorgonzola pizza with arugula. It's great on pizza, as well as steak. Here is a delicious walnut, pear, blue cheese and arugula pizza recipe. I think pears are so underrated and I really enjoy them. Finished with Red Wine Balsamic Glaze and arugula. By using this site you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use Policy. Trimming prevents the parchment from scorching in the hot oven, and the tab is useful for grabbing in the next step. These cookies do not store any personal information. Scatter pear slices overtop.

I've included a quick and easy recipe in the recipe card, if store-bought isn't available. I hope to share a bit of what I've learned, as well as my favourite recipes. Homemade pizza with fresh pear, prosciutto, goat cheese and mozzarella, then topped with red wine balsamic glaze and fresh baby arugula.

Add the (hand-crushetomatoes, the dried oregano and basil and a healthy sprinkling of salt and some freshly ground pepper. Divine theme by Restored 316. Once it is ready, use a rolling pin to flatten it out. Main Dishes Dinner, healthy, healthy recipes, pizza, Your email address will not be published. I make it the night before. I was gifted a Baking Steel this past Christmas, and have been using it to make all my homemade pizzas. I bake at 500F. If you want to get creative and you like blue cheese, it might be a fun alternative here. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Gently lift the pizza to check the bottom is cooked and golden).