Give yourself permission to mix writing and drawing freely. Yes you have a great point! Pay attention to what you need. Refresh and try again. It’s one of the most forgiving ways to make art because in an art journal, everything you make is safely contained within your own personal book.

Our hands are also one of the most expressive parts of our bodies, second only to our faces. So I am returning this book to Amazon, thanks to them for their ease of returns. Look for tiny areas that catch your eye. I really like the idea of saving failed art pieces. “The greatest gift you can give anyone is a bunch of empty pages. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. Wet the entire page with water, and then brush on purple watercolor paint. 4. published 2009, avg rating 3.96 — published 2009, avg rating 4.06 —

125 ratings — Rather than telling yourself that you need to write down everything that happened on a particular day, why not use the space to think about something small, but important?

436 ratings — Of course as you practice more, or take classes, your skills will increase too. You just have to be able to scribble with paint. It’s one of the most forgiving ways to make art because in an art journal, everything you make is safely contained within your own personal book. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required. Skip to the site home page. Covers a wide variety of disciplines.

The abstracts feature articles, book reviews, interviews, obituaries, bibliographies, original works of fiction (including dramas and poems), and reviews of plays and television and radio programs. For ANYONE interested in art and art journaling! Have fun! published 2013, avg rating 4.21 — Great quality book with easy to follow and inspiring instructions. I decided at this point in my life, I need to start going down and embrace that creative path and claim a space of my own at 54.

54 ratings — I find this exercise sometimes solidifies my feelings, and sometimes makes me re-evaluate them. I have a post on making your own journals that would be really fun.

published, avg rating 4.25 — Here’s some art journaling “prompts,” both visual and written, to get your creative juices flowing. Kids are such great resources that way.