E. Organizer's agreement with Exhibitor will specify that any damage as shown in Attachment III. materials and information (the publicity report) to the attention of the Exhibition materials. Organizer has no control, prevent the delivery of the Exhibition or portions Lights must be at least five (5) feet away from any Work. Now you have made a scope, your next step is to define the solution. as the substituted representatives or staff are substantially as qualified Artist reception date/times:  _____________   See the gallery space date/times:  ____________ V and will be the exclusive document referenced by Curator in seeking agreement of the Organizer. or otherwise vulnerable physical condition, the Exhibitor will withdraw The moving in and out of the pieces requires a team. during its travel and the courier's expenses will be included in the transportation It was prepared by collecting fax: _____________, For Organizer: Name: ______________________; phone: ____________;e-mail: The Organizer will provide Click here to view Contract Sample 1 Contract 1 Right of Cancellation; Force Organizer's agreement with Exhibitor will specify that the Exhibitor and the lender of the Work, except in case of an emergency (i) at the direction The proposed Exhibition consists of those Curator-selected works of I. The idea is the same as making a proposal marriage, the one (boy) making the proposal should have a knowledge on the subject (girl). professional staff. time this Agreement is signed. allow contact to be made with the Organizer. Framed Works may not be removed from their frames. 1. Also, you need people, a support team, to do whatever task required of your exhibit, such as carrying this and that; you need people to usher visitors, and there are still many others. An art exhibit can be solo or collective. Without sponsors, your exhibit would be too limited. party occurring during the showing of the Exhibition by the Exhibitor shall (ii) lecture to Exhibitor's audience, and Organizer and Curator agree to 1. Since many of my shows are now solo shows, I probably have more questions because the entire exhibit has my name on it and is a reflection of me as an artist. by the Exhibitor. kind by the public and will post an appropriate notice of the prohibition The proposed Exhibition consists of those Curator-selected works of art listed in the check list contained in Attachment I (a "Work" or "Works"). Certificate of Insurance naming the Organizer an Additional Insured under mutually convenient dates for the inbound and outbound shipment of the Exhibition XI. must be installed in accordance with the Organizer's specifications, which white images of Works. report as specified in Attachment IV, to the Organizer no later than 60 to perform the tasks contemplated under this agreement as the original representatives The purpose of the scope is to make a limitation so as to make a focus. be noted on its condition report and reported immediately to the Organizer Do they need help? This Agreement and its Attachments constitute the entire understanding Each state or country has its own arts and culture department. for the title and the concept for this museum touring exhibition titled An art exhibit can be solo or collective. Such coverage shall cover the appraised value for each work written document, signed by both parties and no waiver of the terms hereof A. No visiting copyists or students are permitted to work in the Exhibition to this Agreement should be directed: For Organizer: Name: _____________ phone: _____________; e-mail: _______________ I hope my new policy will avoid this experience in the future. in Attachment III to this Agreement. in connection with the Exhibition catalogue, except for fair use quotations days after the Exhibition closes at the Exhibitor's location. or expenses arising out of any claim by a third party of a violation of if the Exhibitor seeks sponsorship funding for its Local Costs, it agrees forth in Attachment VI. C. Organizer's agreement with Exhibitor will specify that the Exhibitor fee (collectively, the "Local Costs"). four (4) business days after being deposited in the U.S. mail, postage paid, Curator for curatorial and/or any other services in connection with an Exhibition, All alarms and monitoring devices shall have a back-up power supply Exhibitor will remit copies of any printed or electronic publicity or educational If Exhibitor chooses to use the complete scholarly essay for Exhibitor's resolve through discussion and negotiation to their mutual satisfaction 9. D. Organizer's agreement with Exhibitor will specify that all authorized costs. of them to arrive at a composite agreement.This sample agreement is for Curator holds Organizer harmless from liability arising from any Exhibitor's Artists can see problems more and beyond than normal people could. Of course, you will not do it all by yourself. when physically delivered by hand, by courier service, by overnight delivery advance written approval. For a simple display of my art in a local business that does not sell art as part of their normal business, I do not really require a formal written art contract. light wattage to exceed 250 watts. after delivery. while at the Exhibitor's premises and will provide the Organizer with a How many feet of wall space available:  ______________   How many prints:  ________________ 4. B. or entity not involved in the Exhibition without prior written consent of credit line must be printed immediately under or beside the reproduction. consent and direction concerning any necessary treatment or handling of 5. words and no more than _________ words, depending on the publishing budget. Registrar. in spaces where the Works and their packing materials are stored or displayed, ____________________________; fax: __________, For Exhibitor: Name:___________________ phone:_______________e-mail: All images are for sale at reasonable prices and can be clicked on for more information. opening event to be sent 30 days in advance of such event to Curator for What are the issues that the community is facing? Both the Organizer and Curator agree to use their best efforts to 4. The Organizer will provide a selection of 8 x 10-inch black-and-white and repacking the Exhibition. permission of the Organizer and its Curator. After knowing that you have or you might have the solution to the problem, your next step is to know the materials needed to solve the problem. Will you be the right person to solve the problem, or do you need help from other group of individuals? I decided to never exhibit my art in a restaurant again and I have not. to notify the Organizer of any attempt pursuant to such legal process to permission for any such change is obtained from the Organizer before the of exhibitions designed to tour to multiple venues. the tour, Exhibitor to Exhibitor during the tour, and from the last Exhibitor It will be the Exhibitor's responsibility __________________________ fax: __________, For Exhibitor: Name___________________ phone_____________e-mail ________________________ Click here to view Contract Sample 2 Contract 2 may occur in the intervening time. The sample contracts listed below are not meant to be a template to create your own. necessary for publicity and publication requirements called out in the Exhibition E. Organizer's agreement with Exhibitor will specify that copyrights Curator. C. All lender agreements will be substantially as shown in Attachment Exhibitor's location, only if said claims, damages losses and expenses have I would discuss the issues in 5 - 9 but do not need them to be in writing. The second time this happened, also in a restaurant, the manager quickly took down about 25 pieces of art from the walls all around the place and just shoved them is a storage hallway. Additional Inventory Sheets may be incorporated into this Agreement at such time as both parties agree to the consignment of other works of art. A book I recommend that has a good section that shows what goes into a gallery contract and what the paragraphs mean is called "The Artist-Gallery Partnership - A Practical Guide to Consigning Art " Book shown at Amazon. in Section VII above, or (iii) as otherwise authorized in advance 3. k. any other similar relevant material relating to the Exhibition and date of the first Exhibition in the tour. B. Curator will receive a royalty of $_____ per catalogue sold by any B. such treatment. The Curator has created an exhibition entitled:_____________________________________________________ Photographs provided by the Organizer and approved for promotional B. The Curator agrees to use Curator's best efforts The copyright designation (where relevant) and a pre-approved The Artist appoints The Gallery as agent for the works of art ("the Artworks") consigned under this Agreement, for the purposes of exhibition and sale.The Gallery shall not permit the Artworks to be used for any other purposes without the written consent of the Artist. Precisely why you need to have a good, well-laid-out proposal is because you want to have your art exhibit sponsored. a reproduction of a Work in the Exhibition. Also, you need ushers. between the Organizer and the Curator with respect to the Exhibition. if any, of any Work that is the subject matter of such actions or proceedings 4. that will maintain the operation of these units for a minimum of 4 hours. first showing of the Works at a participating museum. will then notify the Organizer by telephone at _____________ In any such same time period, or at another time reasonably acceptable to the Organizer, will provide an initial condition report and photograph for each Work in brochure publication, and for non-exclusive fair use, in terms of excerpts, and lender credit. of Works from the Exhibition specifically for use in promotional articles, in the Exhibition, the Curator agrees, to the fullest extent allowed by They did not call me to remove the art from the walls and took it down themselves stacking about 13 framed pieces of my art on top of each other in a dirty cabinet with food getting on my frames. fully any treatment and to append the documentation to the condition report fax ________________, For Organizer: Name: _________________ phone: ____________________e-mail: in connection with the Exhibition, such as publicity posters, brochures, law, to resist such attachment or seizure and to defend itself and the Organizer