Thanks for sharing the recipe. The Spruce Eats uses cookies to provide you with a great user experience. Southern-cuisine expert and cookbook author Diana Rattray has created more than 5,000 recipes articles in her 20 years as a food writer. I roasted potatoes but will use mashed next time to soak up even more of the delicious sauce. Place the thyme sprigs and garlic cloves in the cavity of the chicken. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper, add to pan and sear until golden, about 4 minutes each side. I just love the idea of using the apple butter as a rub on the chicken. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. You’ll find everything from breakfast (including my apple butter carrot cake oatmeal) to sides to entrees and dessert – don’t miss my apple butter rugelach! I’ve partnered with them for a few years now creating recipes using their delicious apple butter (like these apple butter bacon scones). Return the apple mixture to the pan and heat through. Spoon the cooking liquids over the chicken 2-3 times while roasting to keep it moist. Add the remaining 2 teaspoons of olive oil or canola to the skillet. Gently pull back the skin on breasts of the chicken and rub the apple butter mixture as far down the bird between the skin and the flesh as possible using your hands or a spoon. Transfer the apple and onion mixture to a bowl and set aside. This apple butter roasted roasted chicken was no exception. Followed recipe with only one change - no fresh herbs so used dried. Transfer chicken breasts to a plate. Copyright © 2020 Running to the Kitchen® | Trellis Framework by Mediavine, AS AN AMAZON ASSOCIATE I EARN FROM QUALIFYING PURCHASES, 1 teaspoon paprika (I used smoked paprika), 3 large garlic cloves, peeled and smashed. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Posted on Published: March 14, 2018 Categories Main Dishes, Home » Recipes » Main Dishes » Apple Butter Roasted Chicken. I used bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts, but it would work with boneless, skinless chicken breasts, too. Add the apple onion mixture to the baking sheet with the chicken. Mix together the apple butter and spices. Season with sage, rosemary, thyme, salt, poultry seasoning, and pepper; stir to combine. Preheat oven to 375°F (I like to use my convection setting for roasted chicken if you have it). With a crispy outside and a juicy, tender inside, it's the perfect Sunday dinner! So glad you liked it! Cook until skin is browned, about 6 minutes. Sounds like a great dinner :). Transfer skillet to the preheated oven and cook until chicken is no longer pink at the bone and the juices run clear, about 30 minutes. Info. Highly recommend trying it!! Add the sliced apples, onion, and thyme; cook for about 4 minutes, or until the apples are just tender but still firm. Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. This dish is a one-pan meal and brings the season of fall inside. Make sure to remove any innards from the cavity and place in a roasting/baking dish big enough to hold the chicken. Reduce the heat to medium low. Go grab that E-book, a jar of apple butter and get to work! A definite keeper! Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. We used a locally made apple butter that was perhaps less sugary and less congealed than store brands and I think that resulted in the roast being more spice forward with more minor hints of apple sweetness. A total must-make dinner! By using The Spruce Eats, you accept our, Simple Oven-Fried Chicken Breasts With Garlic, Chicken Salad With Apples and Cranberries, Broiled Chicken Breasts With Lemon Butter Sauce, Crock Pot Chicken Breasts in Creamy Creole Sauce, Diet Friendly French Pork Medallions and Caramelized Apples. Do this again on the legs and thighs. Remove from oven once cooked, cover with foil (if not already) and let rest for about 10 minutes before carving and serving. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. A bit of apple cider vinegar and onions balance out the flavors. Remove the chicken from the oven after 30 minutes. I made this recipe with boneless breasts and I didn't have fresh sage so I used a ground ingredient. Toss together with lemon juice, half of the melted butter, sage, salt and pepper. I need to remember recipes like this easy sheet pan Cornish game hen recipe or, this sheet pan piri piri chicken in those situations because both meals are even easier while still getting the same lovely roasted chicken outcome! If chicken is browning too quickly, cover loosely with foil during the roasting process. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and butter in a large oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. These chicken breasts get flavor from apples, apple juice, and thyme. It's an easy preparation and makes a delicious everyday meal. Soooo flavorful and unique tasting. I bet it tastes so great! Peel and core the apples. Please leave a comment & rating below or share a photo on Instagram and tag @runningtothekitchen. With a crispy outside and a juicy, tender inside, it’s the perfect Sunday dinner! Roast until internal temperature using a meat thermometer reaches 165°F (about 20 minutes per pound although this will vary by oven and especially if you're using the convection feature which cooks quicker).