In a medium bowl, whisk all ingredients together. The chicken was very tender and juicy still and the dish had a slightly sweet flavor all in all. Drain chicken, discarding marinade in bag. The chicken was very juicy. Using a small brush, coat the chicken with the juice being released. What Should You Eat If You Come Down with Coronavirus? Cover the bottom of a baking dish with the onion and garlic. —Jayme Schertz, Clintonville, Wisconsin, Apple-Marinated Chicken & Vegetables Recipe photo by Taste of Home. https://busycreatingmemories.com/best-grilled-chicken-recipe Making this today but don't have summer squash and will add onions and cherry tomatoes. It is helpful to use the same measuring cup that you just measured the vegetable oil in, to allow the honey to easily slide out. Info. Sprinkle some olive oil over it, place the thyme over the chicken and bake for 30 minutes. 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar. Place the chicken in a large plastic bag or bowl. No nutrition information available for this recipe. Repeat once more until all of the chicken is golden brown and looks juicy. All rights reserved.Part of the Whirlpool Corp. family of brands, Auto-renews at $4.99/mo. Pretty good! Loved the sweetness of the marinade!! I served it with cooked cabbage. Put the chicken in the refrigerator and allow it to marinate for 2 to 24 hours before smoking it. Toss with 1/2 cup reserved marinade. The cook time includes the important marinating time. Keep warm. This was a delicious dish and the leftovers were even better! 30 %. Great for grilling or baking! Spoon the sauce over the chicken. Pretty good. If you want, you can serve it with slices of hearty bread or rice. © 2020 ®/TM General Mills All Rights Reserved, Roasted Rosemary Chicken with Baby Potatoes, Zesty Breaded Chicken with Mustard and Apricot, Peruvian Arroz con Pollo: Chicken and Rice. This makes a lot, over 2 1/2 cups, but with these ingredients on hand, its easy to mix up more if you need it. Using the same marinade for the meat and veggies keeps it simple so we can spend more time outside and less making dinner. Cook, stirring, until softened, 2 to 3 minutes. Source: EatingWell Magazine, March 1998; October 2020 30th Anniversary. Grill or bake as desired. Apple Mustard Marinade Lady Behind the Curtain. Add small potatoes cut in half before baking. Yum. Taste of Home is America's #1 cooking magazine. Return the chicken and any accumulated juices to the pan; adjust heat to maintain a simmer. All Right Reserved. Add the chicken and cook, flipping once, until browned, about 3 minutes per side. EatingWell may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. cider vinegar, soy sauce, chicken breasts, garlic cloves, brown sugar and 4 more. Place 1 cup marinade and chicken in a large resealable plastic bag; seal bag and turn to coat. But needed some umami, like fish sauce ? Arrange the cut apples, shallot, and a handful of garlic cloves around the chicken before placing two large sprigs of rosemary across the chicken (photo 4). Mince 3-4 garlic cloves according to size of cloves and taste. Put chicken pieces in bag, zip and marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to 1 hour. In a small bowl, whisk the first seven ingredients until blended. 1 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth. Cut carrots, zucchini and squash lengthwise into quarters; cut crosswise into 2-in. they cannot drink cider or eat a fresh apple but they are fine with pasteurized apple juice and apple pie. I didn't add the apples this time cause I thought it would be too sweet but I will definitely add them next time. Pretty good. There's a hint of sweetness to it that everyone liked. This was so good!!! 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed, 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided, 2 medium Granny Smith apples, peeled and thickly sliced, © 2020 EatingWell.com is part of the Allrecipes Food Group. Prep: 20 min. Marinade 4-8 chicken breasts, depending on size, in large lidded bowl or disposable zip top baggie. Agree with DianeC23 below, word for word. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Cut a large shallot and two Honeycrisp apples into quarters, making sure to remove the seeds from the apples (photo 3).. pieces. I stumbled upon it while doing an internet search and don't know the site I found it on, so if its your recipe feel free to let us know! You can also add some celery along with the onions. The longer the meat marinates, the more tender and flavorful it will be. Reduce heat to medium. Even the baby loved it. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. This was a great find! In a 4-6 cup volume bowl whisk together apple juice, apple cider vinegar and vegetable oil. Jump on the latest food trend with our step-by-step guide to making hot chocolate bombs. Oh me oh my! I made it with onions instead of shallots but it didn't seem to matter. The whole family loved it! Here's why we should all lean in harder and embrace our comfort-food cravings. Cook until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the chicken registers 165°F, 3 to 4 minutes. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade. My husband and I both loved this recipe. Super delicious and sooooooooooo easy. 1. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil, apples, shallot and thyme to the pan. Transfer vegetables to a grill wok or basket; place on grill rack. Serve with chicken. We ended up throwing out the broccoli rabe. Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our, Just Like Grandma Used to Make: Why We're Craving Grandma's Cooking Now More Than Ever, How to Make Those Viral Hot Chocolate Bombs at Home. Pour into a zip top storage bag. The only thing I'd change is to make MORE marinade! Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Apple cider marinade Grilled Chicken Health and Living Digest. This was easy to make, and tastes good. Cook until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the chicken registers 165°F, 3 to 4 minutes. Make two small cuts on all chicken pieces and rub with the soft butter, making sure it gets into all the cuts. Apples give chicken a unique and delicious flavor, and when you bake it like this, you’ll get super juicy chicken, perfect when served with bread, rice or sweet potatoes purée, because that way you can enjoy the chicken juices. Honeysuckle White® Fresh (Frozen) Young Turkey, orange slices and 16 more. Grandma's comfort foods remind of us simpler, happier times and make us feel better—even if only for a little while. Roast Turkey with Apple Cider Brine Honeysuckle White. This will definitely be a go-to from here on out. Just finished making this and it was a hit with all three of the people who tried it. Grilled Kiwi-Chicken Kabobs with Honey-Chipotle Glaze, Cilantro & Lemon Marinated Chicken Kabobs, Balsamic Grilled Vegetable and Barley Salad, Do Not Sell My Personal Information – CA Residents, 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each). Total Carbohydrate Ingredients 1 cup apple juice 1/2 cup canola oil 1/4 cup packed brown sugar 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce 3 tablespoons lemon juice 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley 3 garlic cloves, minced 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each) 4 … Fresh apples and apple cider add fall flavor to this quick chicken sauté. Its a good one! Add apple cider and broth; bring to a simmer. pepper, low sodium soy sauce, garlic, lemon juice, ginger, onions and 6 more. 2. unless you cancel, Part of the Whirlpool Corp. family of brands, garlic clove, apple juice, vegetable oil, fine sea salt, worcestershire sauce and 2 more, apple juice, black pepper, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce, ginger, apple juice, honey, lemon juice, soy sauce, garlic powder and 1 more, apple juice, salt, chicken thighs, pepper, salt, pepper, apple juice, chicken thighs, chicken breasts, olive oil, black pepper, soy sauce, brown sugar and 4 more, white wine, asparagus, whole grain mustard, shallots, salt, extra-virgin olive oil and 11 more, olive oil, water, shredded mozzarella cheese, sausage links, apricot preserves and 9 more, apple cider vinegar, barbecue sauce, baking spray, large garlic cloves and 7 more, apple juice, garlic cloves, Dijon mustard, apple cider vinegar and 13 more, Cajun seasoning, chicken breasts, water, lemon juice, Mazola Corn Oil, garlic powder, dry mustard, soy sauce, apple juice, honey, lemon juice and 1 more, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, ground cardamom, raw honey, apple juice and 1 more, baking soda, apple juice, granulated sugar, vegetable shortening and 10 more, apple juice, apple cider vinegar, large garlic cloves, salt, barbecue sauce and 4 more, salt, apple juice, cracked pepper, beef brisket, rubbed sage, star anise, cloves, cinnamon stick, apple juice, apple juice, orange juice, ginger, ice, carrot juice, butterscotch syrup, ice, apple juice, marshmallow cream, cinnamon stick, cloves, ground nutmeg, apple juice, Orange, ginger powder, Italian dressing, apple juice, paprika, chicken, house seasoning and 2 more, apple juice, vodka, lemon juice, ice, cinnamon, sugar, onion, boneless skinless chicken thighs, chili powder, garlic and 8 more, Wish-Bone Italian Dressing, boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, lemon juice, boneless skinless chicken breast halves, worcestershire sauce and 7 more, red onion, salt, Dijon mustard, pork shoulder roast, whole grain mustard and 3 more, orange peel, sesame seeds, fresh mint leaves, garlic, coarse ground black pepper and 4 more, ground cinnamon, fresh mint, egg yolks, vanilla bean, berries and 5 more, star anise, cinnamon sticks, sugar, apple juice, pears, dry white wine, whole milk, all purpose flour, apple juice, apple cider vinegar, garlic clove, chile peppers, water, salt and 1 more, Roasted Ham with Herb Marinade and Creamy Asparagus Sauce, Apple Juice Brined and Carolina BBQ Style Chicken Legs, Apple Juice & Dijon Braised Cheddar Chicken, Broccoli, Rice Skillet, Grilled Chicken with an Easy Spiced Marinade.