Make a well in the dry bowl, and pour the wet mixture into the middle. I’ll be on the lookout for the extract for when I make these next time because these are definitely going in the rotation. By keeping some butter, you still get the benefits of the butter flavor and the steam of using butter (this helps create the rise. Once the ingredients are mixed and shaggy, dump out the dough onto a lightly floured cutting board, and shape into a disk. Sift together flour, baking powder, sugar, and cinnamon. Honeycrisp apples are crisp, sweet, and keep their texture even when baking. Like I always say, you deserve the expensive apples. Store your scones in an airtight container, bread box, or freezer bag to keep them from drying out! Here are my favorites: If you like these recipes, you should check me out on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook! This recipe calls for about 2 cups of diced apples which amounts to one big honeycrisp (they really are huge). Add wet ingredients mixture to dry, add flour or buttermilk if needed, mix to form a dough. Once the scones have completely cooled down to room temperature, wrap them individually with both plastic wrap and foil. They will last. Mix together the cinnamon and sugar for the topping and then sprinkle this over the scones. Give the tops a spritz of cooking spray for safe measure. Speaking of coffee and tea: Who needs over priced scones and lines at the coffee shop? How to make apple cinnamon scones. We rarely have leftovers to freeze. When cooked, the butter will create steam and give these scones their rise. Was more like a flat apple muffin. Delicious, homemade Apple Cinnamon Scones with a fluffy, soft inside and crunchy topping. Place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet. Aww, I knew you would. 3 eggs. 8 oz unsalted butter, ice cold ,cubed. My recommendation is to freeze the scones on a baking sheet, uncovered, until they are fully frozen. combine wet ingredients in a smaller bowl and dry in a large bowl. That can't be said about most apples. Here you will find a variety of recipes using simple everyday ingredients and creating wonderful, delicious and comforting meals, including some decadent desserts. Greek yogurt in baking, however, I love. Once the ingredients are mixed together, pour the dough out onto a floured surface and form into a disk. Try to mix just enough to fully incorporate and not over mix. Don't let anyone treat you like a red delicious. Do not pass judgement! Once they are frozen, transfer to a freezer bag. My kids usually get whatever is on sale, but I always pick up honeycrisp apples for the adults. Follow on… If you really want to go “all out” and dive into a true coffee house experience, why not try your hand at my London fog recipe. Have you ever eaten plain Greek yogurt? 3/4 teaspoon baking soda. Use a rubber spatula to mix the ingredients together. I'm excited to bring you all a taste of each corner of the earth, every last bite seasoned to perfection and served up with love - from my kitchen to yours. Green - 7 SP. 1 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt.