The exterior of the LC90 is made of high strength aluminum alloy and feels very dense in your hand. Reviewed in the United States on July 18, 2018. The 6 hours of estimated run time on the sales page is based on use at the lowest power output level. The ground coverage was 31 sqft when held at my waist height (6’2″ male) and shined at a 45 degree angle in front of me. Considering the heavy weight, more grip is needed to get a firm hold on the flashlight. The Anker LC90 did much better in the distance testing, measuring 100 yards of effective light output. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. Oct 16 2018 UPDATE: Ive had the flashlight just a couple of days and did a full cycle charge on the battery and ran a time test on the brightest setting, I ran the test twice using the suppied battery with a fresh charge each time. Anker Rechargeable Bolder LC90 LED Flashlight, Pocket-Sized Torch with... Anker Rechargeable Bolder LC90 LED Flashlight, Pocket-Sized Torch with Super Bright 900 Lumens CREE LED, IPX5 Water-Resistant, Zoomable, 5 Light Modes, 18650 Battery Included. If I'm looking for a product that Anker makes, that's the one I choose if the ratings are just close to competitive products. I’m a big fan of Anker flashlights. Using the included Micro USB cable, you can charge the battery with any 5v USB port. One review I saw said it's a pain to get at the battery. First, I'm loyal to Anker. FlashlightLab.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This resulted in expected run times of 2.5 hours with a 3000mAh 18650 battery and about 50 minutes with the AAA batteries. Had a chance to compare them side by side. If you want a waterproof flashlight, check out the Anker Bolder LC130 which is IP68 certified as well as brighter and featuring a longer battery life. The Anker LC90 LED Flashlight is going to be a go-to piece of kit on any one of ... Yup, you guessed – it’s the Anker Bolder LC90 2-cell rechargeable flashlight! The other is that if the extra part gets lost the flashlight is of no value. The inner cap screws into the base of the flashlight handle and provides the resistance for the battery to remain still, and also has a built in micro USB plug in port. CREE Flashlight Urpower 70%. If you go to other reviews like the J5 Hyper V or the Solaray, you will see in the distance testing a square beam pattern but not with the Anker. During my testing I happened to drop this flashlight and even with the heavier weight, it held up to the impact with my concrete driveway with barely a scratch. The testing below shows how the flashlight faired when used to light up a group of trees about 40 yards away. PeakPlus Flashlight 72%. The LC90's zoom function was extremely beneficial and, while zoomed all the way out, this little flashlight was able to illuminate the entire cave. Great flashlight, especially for its price. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Anker LC90 Flashlight 83%. The build quality is fantastic. This beam pattern was amongst my favorites of flashlights I have reviewed so far. So while it is charging, which is continuously for my purpose, I have an extra part that I have to put back on. Stanley Fatmax Flashlight 73%. The weight with a 18650 battery installed is 8 oz, outweighing the next heaviest flashlight by 1.5 ounces. This incredible torch provided over 4 hours of contuious run time on the high setting both times, I was amazed. The width around the handle was 1 inch and widens to nearly 1 and a half inches around the head of the flashlight. The Anker LC90 utilizes either 3 AAA batteries in the included battery tray, or a single 18650 rechargeable NiMH battery (also included). Not just better quality but also more accessories. Over the last few years I’ve own 4 Anker Flashlights 3 were the same product and gave three lights away as Christmas gifts once I completed my tests and made sure they will work for those that I were giving them to. Stanley Fatmax 10-Watt LED Lithium-Ion Rechargeable Spotlight: I also tested this flashlight—which, at 920 lumens, is much brighter than the Anker. Over the past few years, the Anker LC90 has come across my screen as I scour Amazon for the best tactical flashlights to test and review. It is the only one that has a second round focus in the center of the lens which keeps the beam circular even when the focus is out. In 2017 I finally gave into my urge and bought the flashlight and tested it over about 2 months to see how it holds up to the other great reviews I have found. With the two battery options comes two different expected run times considering the average amperage pulls on high mode. With the included carry strap, the LC90 is a literal weapon when swung through the air. Top subscription boxes – right to your door. With higher priced flashlights like the Anker LC90 (in that $25-$50 price range), we expect a bit more. Fenix PD35 Flashlight 72%. November 2, 2017 TomWilliams Comments 0 Comment. The “light the path” testing was fair but a little below what I expected considering the large head and lens of the LC90. It even provided enough light to get some great cave photos using my cell phone camera! There's a problem loading this menu right now. Anker LC90 Tactical Flashlight Review Anker LC90 Tactical Flashlight Review. Below you will find the breakdown of my findings as well as ranking compared to my other flashlights. The downsides which kept it from the 9 bucket were the heavier weight and larger size that made it difficult to carry. Your email address will not be published. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Anker Rechargeable Bolder LC90 LED Flashlight, Pocket-Sized Torch with Super Bright 900 Lumens CREE LED, IPX5 Water-Resistant, Zoomable, 5 Light Modes, 18650 Battery Included at Amazon.com. The system is super easy and very well designed. One of the distinguishing features of this flashlight is the method used to recharge a 18650 battery. Disclosure The second outer cap is the button actuator that activates the flashlight modes. It remembers what you had. The focus tip pulls out and I with a GOOD amount of resistance, so it should stay as you want it without it accidentally going to spot or wide. See all details for Anker Rechargeable Bolder LC90 LED Flashlight, Pocket-Sized Torch with... © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Over the past few years, the Anker LC90 has come across my screen as I scour Amazon for the best tactical flashlights to test and review. I used that $28 to buy another flashlight! Click-click, two. With the LC90 I received in addition a 3000mAh rechargeable 18650 battery, the USB charging port and cable, and carry strap. The Anker is a quality household brand having sold over 20 million flashlights worldwide. The overall length of the Anker was 6 and 1/8 inches long and extends to 6 and a half inches when the adjustable focus is out. Great flashlight - great zoom - odd behavior when the battery gets low. With most models you have to remove the battery to charge on an external wall outlet. Read honest and unbiased product reviews … Reviewed in the United States on April 5, 2017. Amazon said they couldn't do anything so I figured I'd contact AnkerDirect not expecting anything. Reviewed in the United States on February 1, 2018. The problem is that you have to unscrew the switch off the back of the flashlight to get to the micro usb input. This flashlight is great except that the way it charges does not fit my needs. I want to ensure it is always charged so I'll continuously keep it charged with a power supply from the cigarette lighter. As you can see, the beam is round which makes it cover more area around the trees while not sacrificing any distance. Click-click, one. Plus, with a battery storage life of up to one year, you won’t be caught unprepared in emergencies, and it can be used hands-free thanks to the collapsible pivoting stand. I guess this is why a carry strap was included. I tell you that's complete bullpoo.