And that’s too funny about the almond butter ;) Thank you! I think these, And you just can’t go wrong with a ricotta cheesecake. Here, they’re not needed anyway, as the texture is wonderful and soft. Add the almond meal, flour, and baking powder. https://www.theclevercarrot.com/2016/03/italian-almond-ricotta-cake-my-way Looks so beautiful! Texture, flavor, and all. A beginner’s guide to delicious hand-crafted bread with minimal kneading. Place the powdered sugar in a fine mesh sieve to shake on top of cake just until cake is just covered. The honey turned the edges to a very dark color (not burned though). Hi, I came across your ricotta cake recipe and since I had a cup of ricotta left from my lasagne rolls I decided to make it . The cake is extremely moist, flavorful and highly addicting! This cake has an unexpectedly delicious texture that’s worth trying. EASY, MAKE-AHEAD APPLE CRUMBLE! Thanks for the tip and so glad you like the recipe. His response was, “I like to cook with room temp wine.” I shook my head. Also, I found your blog through your excellent Italian Sausage recipe. Spread the batter into your prepared pan and sprinkle the top with the sliced almonds. I presume almond meal is what we call ground almonds – perhaps I’d better google it before I start melting the butter. Just make it in the morning to serve later. The big move! Have made this twice this week… Fabulous… Fast, easy and great. Its looks amazing!! I’ve learned there are many different variations, and rightfully so, as this cake has roots in Italy and varies according to region (and Italian Nona). I was wondering if the baking time would change if I use a 12 tin mini bundt cake pan? And yes to almond flavored baked goods! Do you mean using 100% almond flour for this recipe? Ah yes, the rubbery ricotta cake. For best results, make sure to follow the exact mixing procedure outlined in the recipe below. Cool the cake for 10 minutes then remove the sides. I LOVE your cookbook! Hi Nisha! Yes, I would keep it stored in the refrigerator. It was really enjoyed. This would be perfect. Ground almpnds or almond flour, not paste! Fold half the egg whites into the almond mixture, then fold in the rest. This looks like a great everyday ricotta cake. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently, and boil for 1-2 minutes. Thank you :) For whatever reason, I cringe at whipping egg whites, although not difficult, but it’s the thought process that gets the best of me! I meant 100% blanched almond flour , I see your points, I will let you know how it turns out. Love your site as also loved your books That’s wonderful. XOXOX! Because there is melted butter in this recipe, the residual heat helps to loosen up the ricotta. We’ve been grazing all morning! Butter an 8" cake pan and line the bottom with a parchment circle. It always feels so good to conquer those pesky recipes doesn’t it?! I hope you enjoy the cake! }, Healthy One-Bowl Flourless Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies {Eggless & Dairy-Free! Mix until blended taking care not to overbeat. Made this for Nonna and Nonno and it was a success. Hope this helps! Add in one tablespoon of powdered sugar and move around pound, shaking out excess when coated. You won’t find them anywhere else! I LOVE LOVE LOVE King Arthur Measure For Measure flour- it’s excellent. Thank you again for this scrumptious recipe! Substitutions: You can leave out the lemon zest (it’s mild, as mentioned above). And random things they will (happily) get into.