I like berry syrup in lieu of maple. Drop 1/8 cup of batter for each pancake onto the hot skillet. Flip and cook for 1 minute on the other side (or until golden and cooked through). They tasted just as awesome cold and without the syrup. Rate this Recipe. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, almond milk and stevia together until smooth. Carefully flip the pancakes and cook on the other side 30- 60 seconds or until cooked through. (My husband does not like blueberries. Add egg and almond extract and mix until smooth. I love how easy they are to make and how greatly they’re appreciated by the people who get to enjoy them while leisurely reading the morning paper. But it helped me come up with one of the tastiest breakfasts I’ve ever had! If you enjoy blueberry pancakes in general, just wait until you try them with these almond flour pancakes. Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. Melt remaining butter in a large skillet or griddle over medium-low heat. The batter should be the perfect pancake texture. In any case it was great! Very solid pancake recipe. After that, add the almond flour to the egg mixture and stir again very well. These keto blueberry pancakes are fluffy, soft and thick. I love blueberry EVERYTHING and there is no stopping me! A grown-up-tasting treat. In a large bowl, whisk together yogurt and milk. Keto blueberry almond pancakes Keto Blueberry Almond Pancakes are gluten-free, paleo, keto and Whole 30 approved. Hi….I do not have the protein powder….what can I sub for it? Feel free to use whatever topping you’d like though – they’re also fantastic with organic maple syrup! They taste just like blueberry muffins! I did not use as much to make sure it did not over power the pancakes. I used 1/2 cup of water to make a perfect consistency. (2), After blending all of the ingredients together, gradually fold in ¼ cup of fresh blueberries. Blueberry Muffins, Blueberry Donuts, and Blueberry Pancakes. Set aside. Sometimes I fry them in a little coconut oil as a variation. It actually hurt to swallow (like eating a hard boiled egg) and gave me hiccups. © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot, Nutrition Beat yogurt and eggs together in a bowl; add melted butter and almond extract and beat well. Fold in slivered almonds and blueberries. , Easy Keto Blueberry Pancakes using Almond Flour (Sugar-Free). After blending all of the ingredients together, gradually fold in ¼ cup of fresh blueberries. This was a perfect recipe because I didn't have any milk in the house but had greek yogurt. Try to make circles as you can. Part of my Keto for Carb Lovers series. If you enjoy blueberry pancakes in general, just wait until you try them with these almond flour pancakes. Fluffy almond flour pancakes with only 5 ingredients: almond flour, baking soda, coconut or almond milk, eggs and vanilla extract. I like to serve them warm with more fresh blueberries and raw honey as a topping when I make them. The one big change I would make is to omit, or switch to just a pinch, of salt. In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, ground almonds, sugar, and lemon zest. Instant Pot Beef Barley Soup (Soul-Satisfying and High in Fiber), Creamy Pumpkin Soup to Support Heart Health, Healing Cauliflower Soup to Get Rid of a Cold, Nourishing Superfood Tortellini Soup (Packed with Energy), Biotin-Rich Cream of Mushroom Soup for Healthy Hair, Lip Smacking-ingly Good Vegan Protein Pancakes. Blueberries out of season? Then add that mixture to your pancake batter. Heat a frying pan over medium heat; spray with oil. Whew! Don't rush flipping the pancakes on the other side. Success! As mentioned earlier, the combination of almond flour, coconut flour, and eggs produce the most perfect keto paleo blueberry pancakes, you’d be surprised that they were actually low carb! Once browned on one side (about 2-3 minutes) flip and cook for another 3 minutes or until brown on both sides. Flip the pancake after you see the desired bubbles, as mentioned above. Combine wet and dry ingredients. The real secret ingredient with these pancakes is the addition of one single medjool date – it makes them deliciously sweet while still keeping them unbelievably nutritious. Using a 1/8 cup measuring cup, scoop some of the batter into the pan, leaving space in between each mound to flatten the pancakes. Another great thing about this recipe is how easy it is to make. Extra berries and a bit of maple syrup are my personal faves , Low Carb Margherita Pizza with Portobello Mushroom Crust. Wondering what makes this recipe so great? Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Once the blueberries have been folded in, you can cook lightly grease the non stick skillet with coconut oil and then cook them. I didn’t have any dates, so tried this without one. Congrats! Get my free healthy dessert recipe ebook! Instead of yogurt we used sour cream to compliment the sweet blueberries. I’ll stick with my buckwheat/millet waffles. I used vanilla Greek yogurt (what I had on hand), and it brought just a little tang to the pancakes and the blueberries give you a juicy burst of sweetness. You saved Blueberry Almond Pancakes to your. Let the pancakes cook for a minute or so until they develop some firmness on the bottom. I halved it, exactly, because I made them just for myself. Hello! But what’s a dietitian foodie to do when serving a group of people whose special diets run the gamut from vegan to gluten-free to paleo? All rights reserved. I doubt the addition of a date would really make much of a difference. Heat butter or coconut oil in a frying pan. Christy Brissette, MS, RD, media registered dietitian, NUTRITION AND FOOD COMMUNICATIONS EXPERT. Amount is based on available nutrient data. They are the easiest and best keto breakfast you could ever have. Lip Smacking-ingly Good Vegan Protein Pancakes ★☆. The second main reason to use almond flour as an alternative is because of how nutrient-dense it is. I used vanilla flavored greek yogurt. And the flavour is so yum that a little goes a long way. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Add the almond flour and whisk until you have a pancake batter. These keto blueberry pancakes are fluffy, soft and thick. Lightly coat a large nonstick skillet with butter, olive oil or coconut oil and place over medium low … We sprinkled them on top. Christy Brissette, MS, RD is a registered dietitian and nutrition and food communications expert. Deep Dish Pancakes with Blueberries & Almonds, 7 Chicken Marinade Recipes You Can Freeze. A great keto and low carb pancake recipe. * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. These almond blueberry pancakes are extra fluffy thanks to greek yogurt, and make for a healthier pancake choice. They taste just like blueberry muffins! Place a cup of raw or blanched almonds in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the blade attachment and pulse for 50-60 times in 1-second increments These are the easiest and best keto breakfast you can ever have. To start, you’ll want to add all your ingredients, except the blueberries, into the blender – ¼ cup of vanilla protein powder, ½ cup of almond flour, four egg whites, and one pitted, chopped up medjool date. almond flour pancakes, Keto Blueberry Pancakes, keto Breakfast, keto pancakes, low carb pancakes, « Keto Coffee Mug Cake (Low Carb and Sugar Free).