It’s best to bake cake batter all at once and if you only own 2 round cake pans, you have to wait to bake that final layer. The Roasting Pans by Vollrath: Wear-Ever Bake & Roast Pan, 23-1/2 quart, 25-3/4 x 17-3/4 x 3-9/16, welded aluminum handles, 12 gauge 3004 aluminum alloy, NSF, Made in USA. I use these 8 baking pans more than anything else in the kitchen and highly recommend them to any and all bakers– both beginner and advanced. I use these 8 baking pans more than anything else in the kitchen and highly recommend them to any and all bakers– both beginner and advanced. I use this size pan ALL the time for things like brownies, cookie bars, fudge, caramels, small cakes, etc. Hi Sally, When I bake cakes, I typically half the recipe because I have a household of two. The chart will help to assist you in selecting a successful substitute. The Baking Pan Substitutions Chart shows the sizes and volume of some of the common bakeware pans. Hi Tara! I had 2 Nordic Ware half sheet pans that I was very happy with, for making cookies, etc. I see a lot of recipes out there for 8″ round cakes. It's our anniversary:Get 20% off +Free shipping. Classic 3-ply bakeware combines bonded layers of durable stainless steel with a responsive aluminum core which heats up fast and bakes evenly without warping. $252.82. I recommend owning 3. I also note that they say to lower the temperature when baking in their pans (they recommend lowering it by 15 degrees at least). Hi Lyla, 8 and 9 inch round pans are usually interchangeable, oven temperatures and bake times are the same! I’ve had this Wilton mini muffin pan for years and besides a few scratches, it still gets the job done. The silicone muffin pan is SUPER non-stick– everything slides right out and it’s dishwasher safe. This Farberware pan is incredible quality for its super low price. Glass heats slowly and this gradual heat is perfect to evenly cook pie including the bottom of the crust, the filling, and the edges. Or want to just keep things fresh? In this special FREE series, I reveal my most powerful SECRETS to great baking. The 8×8 square bake pan size also works for most recipes, but if swapping one size for the other, the bake time may change. Thanks so very much. Any other suggestions for this size or another seller? Free Shipping on orders of $99.95 and up. If you’d like to extend your bakeware collection beyond the basics, I recommend these pans as well: I am not working with any of these brands, though some of these links are affiliate links. A tradition since 2013, every December we countdown to Christmas with 10 new cookie recipes in a row! A whole cake is simply too much cake for two people! Updates, discounts, some special offers and more. I own a few different brands so I can happily provide options at different price points. 1 sold. These cast aluminum cookware products from Nordic Ware are perfect for any kitchen. The listing says “jumbo” but it’s for standard size muffins and cupcakes. I am making one cake and going to use 2 8″ pans. By continuing to use the website, you agree to these updated Terms. A 5″round? Welcome to Wholesale foil pans, the largest selection of foil pans for your business. Multiple people all had the pie dish explode during/after baking, glass flying everywhere. Sponsored Listings. $32.00. Overall, my favorite lines are Nordic Ware, Calphalon, Wilton, Fat Daddio, and USA Pan. My best tip for making 6 inch cakes is to use a cupcake batter instead of trying to alter larger cake recipes. One of the most useful pans in a baker’s kitchen is the 9×13 inch rectangular baking pan, also known as a quarter sheet pan. I have two that re Le Creuset… gifts. What I own and love: Fat Daddio’s 9 Inch Cake Pan. If you own fewer, you’re limited to how much batter you can bake at once. Is there a true standard? I’ve been baking for many years and would like to get some new baking pans… as layer cakes go, all I have is 9″x1.5″ I got from my mom. Great quality for the price! For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Javascript in your browser.