It was an easy process and my wi-fi works just like it used to. It didn't come back on, but the doc screens I made had me running in 5 mins. I have set up a number of modems over the past 10, or so years, and there was always some degree of technical expertise required. Actiontec GT784WN vs GL.iNet GL-AR750S. After years of use, the router part of it started dying and dropping all devices off the LAN. Show listings Show reviews . What a difference! I'm not a skyper, gamer, or streamer. and bought this sooner. Actiontec GT784WN - Reviews, Prices, Specs and Alternatives . The instructions even state that the URL may not work, which makes no sense. Compare 2 routers . Go to rankings . It took me less than 20 minutes to install. My old one was in manufacturer's box with photo of product on outside that included features and what internet providers would work with that included Century Link. Went to my local best buy to find a solution to wireless signal loss and general reliability of old modem/router combo from 2wire manufacturer. Not compatible with Verizon FIOS, AT&T U-verse or cable systems such as Comcast,Time Warner, Cablevision, Cox, Charter etc. 0-100 scale indicating how frequently people buy the product online. I was on line in about 30 minutes. My old 2Wire (2700HG-B) AT&T modem went out and I had to get a new wireless modem/router ASAP. In a world of shrinking DSL, this modem/wifi router was a great buy for the money. Great . We have not had any problems in dealing with internet connection or overheating of the product due to lack of air flow. I wanted to return the original modem I got with Windstream because I'd had to pay an additional $10 per month to rent their equipment. It isn't blazing fast but neither is DSL. Product Names Product Images Check Price #1 Actiontec GT784WN Wireless-N DSL Modem/Router View Product #2 Actiontec 300 Mbps Wireless-N ADSL Modem Router (GT784WN) View Product #3 Actiontec Wireless N DSL Modem Router GT784WN … This website displays data from third party public sources. Anyway I returned the Actiontec modem to Amazon for a full refund with no problem. This modem/router seems to be very reliable I am using an EA8500 linksys AC router with Modem..Seems to have no interface problems.. The setup is straight forward, the price is affordable for a new product, and I have been using this product for about 2 months consistently the only thing that remains to be seen is true long term reliability, but so far so good! The actual data speed I'm getting is better than the unit previously supplied by my isp. So far it has performed very well and puts out a decent wireless signal. Disabling it will result in some disabled or missing features. The "Wireless N" DSL modem that I purchased last week was simple to install and has increased my DSL speed beyond my expectations. I found this model and it works wonderfully. ReviewFinder is reader-supported - if you click on a link on ReviewFinder and make a purchase, we earn a commission at no extra cost to you. works much better than old actiontec modem that is about 6 years old. I have a friend who has the same modem/router on a Win 7 machine and it works flawlessly for him. Not compatable with high speed Windstream, Reviewed in the United States on February 21, 2019. You can edit your question or post anyway. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. I would highly recommend this DSL modem! My old one was in manufacturer's box with photo of product on outside that included features and what internet providers would work with that included Century Link. I've had the gt784 from Actiontec up and running in my home for several months. After two months the return period had expired so there was no refund or replacement. The data presented is for information purposes only. Somewhat popular . AT&T said if I bought one from them it would cost $100 (Netgear or Pace America). User rating, 4.2 out of 5 stars with 789 reviews. You will need a DSL splitter/filter to connect both your phone and this modem to the same line. 5 star rating. One for me and the other for the customer that I work on her computer. I am a fairly technical guy after being my own tech support for many years. No problems setting up this modem as a Windstream customer. The one I have from them is 5-6 yrs old, and unsupported. It would have saved me a lot of time in completing my online school assignments. We're all smiles now! for the novice, it basically does all the hard work for you. The strength of the signal improved but the connection problems persisted. Shop for Actiontec GT784WN: Show Price : Actiontec GT784WN Wireless-N Dsl Modem/Router : Shop: Actiontec GT784WN vs Motorola MM1000. I will caution you the if your service is greater than 20 meg then you will need to purchase the more expensive modem.. Fortunately, my service did not exceed this speed so this router is perfect for me and the price was right too. The only thing that happens is occasionally if the electricity flashes you have to manually reset the unit which isn't uncommon with any modem. I decided to look into further another Actiontec because that is the brand supported by CenturyLink. My old CenturyLink router bit the dust so I checked to see what Best Buy had available to replace it and and found several to choose from that were compatible for centuryLink. But I'm giving it five stars because in all honesty, I could not find anything wrong with it and I suspect it was my running Linux Debian that caused the problems. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in, Reviewed in the United States on July 31, 2016. WiFi is very fast, even with over a dozen active devices (laptops, iphones, ipads, ipods, wifi cams, etc.). By the time I finally figured out it would not work I could not return it. Actiontec GT784WN: Show reviews . Write a Review. This website displays data from third party public sources. So happy I did not wait. We don't have a summary for this product yet, but we're working on it. I'm also extremely pleased with the performance of the connection to my service provider. Very disappointed. Reviewed in the United States on January 25, 2018, Skip this and get something that actually works, Reviewed in the United States on February 27, 2018. It was simple to install and set up. Drove 1 hr to BestBuy and 1 hr back. You can still see all customer reviews for the product. By integrating a DSL modem, wireless N networking, and full routing capability in one box, the GT784WN lets you solve all of your customer’s connection and networking needs.The modem has been tested for maximum performance on all major DSL providers and supports ADSL2+ with speeds up to 24 Mbps downstream. Inferior product & unreliable. There are 0 reviews and 0 ratings from Canada. It has also given us a lot of speed on the computer. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Reviewed in the United States on February 6, 2013. Compare 2 modems . The tech replaced this one for free with an almost identical one by Actiontec . I will buy a spare next time in BB. Read honest and unbiased product reviews from our users. The full-featured GT784WN DSL Modem Wireless Router reduces the technology clutter. $250 . The product has a built in program that automatically connects you to your service provider (in my case AT&T). Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question. Sure enough a week later another storm - this time I was holding the modem in my hand when the 3rd strike hit nearby. Did not work for me and had to return it. We had a power outage in the area and it burned up our old router. The data presented is for information purposes only. Much sleeker construction and the set up was quite easy. I am really happy with this product and the price was very good. Not sure if this Actiontec modem that I received was defective or what but I sat on the phone with Verizon for literally hours trying connect it but they just could not get it to work. Rating 4.2 out of 5 stars with 789 reviews, This is easy to install just make sure you have old modem startup info like password and username. No more dropping my connection and having to jump up and reboot the modem. Yes, I could have gone hunting for a package of drivers, etc.,that probably would have done the trick, but I don't have the time and the set up I've had for years has worked just fine, so I just went back to it. Where I had 1-2 signal bars at best I am now at a 4 out of 5 with this new setup. $69.99 Your price for this item is $69.99. Nope. easy to set up. Reviews from real customers who bought the product on Amazon, Actiontec GT784WN Wireless-N Dsl Modem/Router, Compatible with ADSL Century Link (NOT their VDSL) and major DSL service providers. Admittedly, I'm not stressing out this product. Results from speed tests on wired and wireless devices were almost identical. Much better than the one I was using from my Windstream service. It's just me and my PC so I'm doing nothing wireless. © 2008-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates, Actiontec GT784WN Wireless-N DSL Modem/Router, See all details for Actiontec GT784WN Wireless-N DSL Modem/Router. Actiontec GT784WN . Top 10 Best Actiontec Gt784wn Centurylink On The Market . This website displays data from third party public sources. I took some screen shots and created a doc in case it happened again. I wanted to return the original modem I got with Windstream because I'd had to pay an additional $10 per month to rent their equipment. That's why I ordered mine, and though disappointed, I can't blame the product. Fast, FREE delivery, video streaming, music, and much more. GT784WN-01 SKU: 1896262. I was in a crunch and Verizon told me I had a choice to wait 3-7 days or go to Best Buy and pick up this brand. All had been good. Fits her needs perfectly. Reviewed in the United States on December 29, 2013. the westell had become an evil thing which wouldn't connect to the dsl. Bought this for my mom who had a separate DSL modem and wireless router, which would keep losing connectivity. It's just me and my PC so I'm doing nothing wireless. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. Finally found a decent DSL router/modem combo. This new replacement came in plain brown cardboard box, although all the pieces were indeed inside along with quick start guide. All the reviews were quite positive and the price was right so I went to pick one up and was told by the BB sales associate that the Actiontec router would not work in my area and I had a choice between two routers which cost 2 to 3 times more than the ActionTec model. In-store pricing may vary. Sorry. Disabling it will result in some disabled or missing features. In the future I will stick with Verizon products. Actiontec 300 Mbps Wireless N ADSL Modem Router Product Review – NTR Duration: How to setup the GT784WN for AT&T DSL Service Duration: 2:10. goactiontec 15,225 views.