My c1000a was not working with my chromecast, and after doing the following steps it works fine (in this order). This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. Here is a review of some of the best c3000a modem, together with their features and functions. These cookies collect information about your activities on these and other sites to provide you targeted advertising. Centurylink ActionTec C1000A is a popular and one of the less expensive options. 8. The Q100 has a good reputation but they're hard to find. But I've never seen an Actiontec DSL router perform reliably until the routing is moved off of it, just speed and stability issues left and right. If your internet connection is behaving oddly, the best place to start is rebooting your modem. There are 2 main methods that we use to reset the C1000A. I have absolutely 0 issues with that and it allows the Actiontec to be easily replaced by Verizon's technicians or my family members without affecting any WiFi devices at home (which is important in case if I will not be at home since no one else in my family can modify router settings). REVIEW; DETAILS; Able to accommodate every type of subscription, the Technicolor C2100T (about $195) offers middle-of-the-pack performance, along with 2.4 and 5-GHz wireless access. Centurylink ActionTec C1000A is a popular and one of the most expensive options. However, without these cookies, certain functionality may become unavailable. We also use third-party cookies that help us analyze and understand how you use this website. In these cases, you can purchase a network adapter or extender to bring the WiFi network to those places where it’s typically weak or non-existent. With high latency – boom – you’re dead while waiting for that connection to catch up with your actions. Uncategorized cookies are cookies that we are in the process of classifying, together with the providers of individual cookies. They are pushing the Actiontec C1000A. Desktop: X570 Gaming X | 3900X | 64 GB | Eisblock Radeon VII | Heatkiller R3 | PG43UQ | 1 TB SX8200 Pro + 2 TB 660p + 2 TB SATA SSD. 15, YueHai Sub-district, Nanshan District, Shenzhen city, As you read, through the article, you will understand some of the top c3000a modem and learn more about their features. It's in the top 3 bestselling modems and has dozens of popular alternatives in the same price range, such as Arris SURFboard SBG6900-AC or Netgear R6900-100NAS . How does a WiFi booster work?What is an “Internet Autobahn” and how do I get one? Had to buy a new router for the new tech, and went with Centurylink's Actiontec C1000A. You don't need to buy a full-featured router... You can just buy an access point, put it to whatever floor that will give your WiFi devices best signal strength, then connect it with network cable to your modem. Should I spend extra $$$ on an N router? What is the difference between MoCA 1.0, 1.1, 2.0, and Bonded 2.0. I7 4930k, 32 GB Ballistix DDRL3@2133 , 1.2 TB Intel 750 AIC, 500 GB mx200, Sapphire R9 Fury, asus x79 ws, HP ZR24w, edifier s730. Bangladesh, Brunei, Cambodia, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Thailand, UAE, Vietnam. Wireless Display for Business and Education. Pardon as I think aloud in this post, because I want to make sure to have this right before I pull the trigger on anything. My experience is that the more crap they cram onto the board the more likely it is to fall down go boom so I would suggest a non-wireless router (or an all-in-one with wifi turned off) plus a second wireless router set up as an access point. Guangdong Province, 518057, China, P.R.C, Tensho Kanda Station Building 701, 3-7-21 Kanda Kaji-cho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, Japan 1010045. These cookies do not store any personal information. This model will not support Prism. Nah, just grab a decent Linksys router, no modem required. My connection speeds through my house went from 1-3mbs to 10-12mbs which was the connection speed I should get. Actiontec’s WCB6200Q MoCA Wi-Fi extenders achieved near-gigabit Wi-Fi speeds in an independent field test commissioned by the MoCA Alliance — surpassing some of the most popular mesh solutions by an average of several hundred Mbps. The modem will continue its DHCP and routing/port forwarding duties for all your devices, wired or otherwise. Mailing list | … | Cookie Policy The Actiontec Wi-Fi is bad and it's a known problem. I have one of these...it appears to be the only VDSL2 modem on the market right now which is unfortunate. I'm so glad to get rid of the C1000A. This website displays data from third party public sources. It will probably fix his wireless problems, but he's better off using the Actiontec as a transparent bridge and letting something competent handle PPPoE, routing, DHCP, and wifi since he's already spending cash. Internal speeds are back where it should be. Only consumer modem at least...$500+ gets you a nice Cisco box but that would probably be overkill. Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests, http://www.amazon.com/Ubiquiti-Networks ... =pd_cp_e_3, http://www.amazon.com/TP-LINK-TL-WA901N ... cess+point. Will this power my Prism cable box over ethernet? Is the venerable WRT54GL too old now? The data presented is for information purposes only. Do it right the first time. I put my C1000a into transparent mode and using a Dlink 655. Well, I wouldn't call you an "idiot" - you needed DSL modem, you got one. | Warranty It's in the top 3 bestselling modems and has dozens of popular alternatives in the same price range, such as Netgear CM1000 or Netgear AirCard 340U . What is an “Internet Autobahn” and how do I get one? CL wants to "lease" me the C2000a VDSL modem @$14 month. UC Integration; Contactless Meeting Spaces; Business; K-12; Higher Education; Consumer; Resources. I am moving to a faster speed internet from Century link. My plan is to bridge the C1000A to a secondhand Cisco router because I like doing things the hard way, but bridging it to a consumer router would work too. A number of factors can also affect the quality and reliability of your home network. It's in the top 3 bestselling modems and has dozens of popular alternatives in the same price range, such as Arris TM802G or Motorola MB7420-10. Buffering or Streaming Video Problems over WiFi? You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies. I had horrible connection speeds with the 2 C1000A modems from century link. Yes, the Actiontec C1000A does support Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6). Any way you should not lose any money with new AP purchase (you might actually save some). Where would the conflict be? WiFi Extenders Beat WiFi Repeaters Every Time. But every time, you set them up as a bridge and all is well. We're also the belt & suspenders types who believe that combining too many functions into one box leads to single point of failure problems. It just needs PPPoE on the new router. Those of us advocating turning the Actiontec into a modem/bridge passing through to a full-functioned router are not doing so based on the routing implementation on the Actiontec, but instead for the possibilities that come from a full router and open-source firmware implementation. There is nothing wrong with that - the Actiontec's hardware is perfectly capable of doing all router functions. Wi-Fi speeds vary greatly these days, which impacts how quickly you can download and upload files, or stream your favorite show.