1/4 teaspoon chopped thyme (I like using fresh, but if all you have is dried, use 1/2 the amount) 1 teaspoon minced hot pepper, red pepper flakes or pepper sauce. For example, Barbados is well known for its "fish cakes." I was pleased with the taste and mostly the texture. Trinidad and Tobago's versions can also be made with shrimp or pigeon peas. Hi guys, I’m Renz. pinch of sugar. Add the water and mix together well - until you get a semi runny consistency. * 1/2 teaspoon parsley chopped – optional. Trinidad Saltfish Accra. May 25, 2017 - An easy "how to" recipe for making saltfish accra (codfish fritters. It is for this reason that the accras from each country is uniquely different. Types of Accras Most Caribbean countries have some type of accra in their cuisines, although the exact name can vary from one place to another. When I made the Accra, I used a food processor instead of grating the Malangas. A popular Caribbean finger food made from seasoned up salted cod mixture. Little girl with a big appetite. You can pulse in food processor for better mixing, Fry spoonfuls of batter till golden brown. This recipe comes together quite quickly once the saltfish has been boiled and picked. You will notice that while many of the ingredients are similar, the quantities for certain things vary and that alters the taste and texture. Here in Trinidad however accra is a puffy fried dough ball, made of a highly seasoned dough into which shredded saltfish has been mixed. … I am here sharing Caribbean recipes that I grew up eating and new ones I’ve fallen in love with over the years. Add all the ingredients except the water into mixing bowl and mix together well. 1 teaspoon black pepper. I’ve had it at weddings, gatherings, and of course bought it from street vendors. 2 teaspoons homemade pepper sauce (optional) 1/2 cup all purpose flour. 1 egg. ¼ to 1/2 cup water. Salt Fish Accra. https://www.homemadezagat.com/2015/05/trinidad-saltfish-accra-recipe.html Welcome. Salt Fish Accra, is the Trinidad and Tobago version of Accra. 1/2 cup of water. 1 cup oil for frying. The only downside to this is, you have to eat the fritters right away otherwise, they will become soggy. https://www.homemadezagat.com/2015/05/trinidad-saltfish-accra-recipe.html, 1/2 bag (8oz) of saltfish (salted cod) washed, deboned and chipped up, Mix all ingredients excluding the oil together. These are all copyright protected images and content. All content belongs to HomeMadeZagat.com unless otherwise stated. Do not reprint/reuse this recipe or its images without my written permission. Recipe from homemadezagat.com. A popular Caribbean finger food made from seasoned up salted cod mixture. Permission to grab one pic AND link back to original post. You can learn some more. Food And Drink. 2 tablespoons finely chopped scallions. Method. © HomeMadeZagat.com. World Cuisine. Serve with favorite dip like Mango Chutney Dip. Explore. I just want to showcase the amazing diversity of Caribbean food and that everyone can recreate these dishes. Template Credits I'm all about food infused with some of my Caribbean ingredients. May 25, 2017 - An easy "how to" recipe for making saltfish accra (codfish fritters. Haitian Accra. It was crispy and light. 1 tablespoon homemade green seasoning. Design by Omar Wraikat---Improved by www.anmatt.studio. Recipe by Renz | Caribbean Food. My Jamaican mother tells me that what she knows as accra is a saltfish fritter, flat, fried brown. I am the chief cook and bottle washer here at HomeMadeZagat. Caribbean Recipes .. dash fresh ground black pepper. I'm Renz, chief cook and bottle washer.