What happened to:

DEVO – “Working in a Coalmine” (1981), 126. My Picks for the Nominees List for the 2021 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.

Widespread ‘s Space Wrangler came out in 88. are you reading my mind? Then, at the dawn of the 21st Century, the alternative scene gave way to the indie scene, since the record companies started dying off in the digital age. 2. great song choices on the whole list; lots of fun. The list is “Southeastern” so none of the bands you mentioned other than the B-52’s would really count.

Yesterday, I referred to the first one, Left of the Dial. celebrate their 40th anniversary, we look back at 10 other '80s college rock bands that you have to dig a little deeper to find. Now that we are in 2017, we can more look back at this vast history of rock & roll music and see that this music had to happen. Primitons – All My Friends Pylon – Gravity G. is my go-to when I get a song stuck in my head that I can’t identify. Dream Academy – “Life in a Northern Town” (1985), 121. Sign up for our newsletter. Don Dixon – Southside Girl all good choices, though Fly Me Courageous was released in 1991 so belongs to a different decade… Jenny Says is a great song, too. Thus, due to their popularity on campuses, these were called college rock bands. Chris Stamey, Cara Lee: Half of the songwriting partnership of the original dB’s, this comes from Stamey’s first solo album after leaving the band. I never was much of a fan of them. Jason and the Scorchers, Broken Whiskey Glass: Best live band in the south, maybe in the country, back then…one of many great songs of theirs. ( Log Out /  15.

[4], "Spindizzy Jangle: The Reivers' "In Your Eyes, "About.com: College Rock - Alternative When Alternative Wasn't Commercial", "Ask the indie professor: why do Americans think they invented indie? But I know ranking your favorite songs by your favorite artists is a pretty big deal for you so you must be totally digging it. Slicing Up Eyeballs was lots of fun when they were crowdsourcing lists of albums and songs for particular years and I voted each and every time but I’ve never been one for ranking the songs of a particular artist like they’ve been doing since the site returned from a two-year hiatus earlier this year.

and The Replacements into dorm rooms across the country. Los Lobos – “How Will the Wolf Survive?” (1984), 112. Post was not sent - check your email addresses!

All of these great rock bands owe a slice of their success to college radio. Most college rock was born in the confluence of new wave, post-punk, and early alternative rock. As we celebrate the 40th anniversary of R.E.M.’s first show as a band, we also revisit Collin Brennan’s Crate Digging feature on other ’80s college rock bands you should absolutely check out. celebrate their 40th anniversary, we look back at 10 other '80s college rock bands that you have to dig a little deeper to find.