Tamari can be substituted. Might as well buy processed bbq sauce and skip the trouble of making it. Ketchup: I recommend using one without corn syrup, such as Heinz natural. OK. Do I keep the same amount of dark brown sugar (3 tbls)? Salut Alex. Also great tossed with cooked chicken wings. Then 3 tablespoons of Molasses, or dark sugar if you can't spot some. Too much sugar and too much sodium. Tabbie Stone. After having my child I was diagnosed as being allergic to corn- all things corn. Thanks for this easy recipe! And also the final color : Dark, red. It also has less sugar, which means a lower calorie and carb count overall. Then taste it and adjust if needed. While this isn’t an entirely sugar-free BBQ sauce it does have much less sugar and less net carbs than most store-bought barbecue sauce and other homemade barbecue sauce recipes, without losing the tangy and sweet taste. 4 years ago, No molasses ? You bet!! Sukrin All-Natural Brown Sugar Alternative. Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking. Required fields are marked *. Whip up this homemade low carb bbq sauce in just a few minutes, with no cooking required. MORE HEALTHY MAINS TO SERVE WITH BBQ SAUCE. : Barbecue sauce is too often made with lots and lots (and lots) of pre mixed, pre made, and precooked ingredients. more delicious recipes on our Recipe Page. Visit CMH's Sister Site (with all the bacon!). Like this recipe? Fred Meyer’s Simple Truth Ketchup has no HFCS : …Organic tomato concentrate (water, organic tomato paste), organic sugar, organic vinegar, salt, organic onion powder, organic spices…. Healthy BBQ Sauce is the perfect low carb sauce to serve with Healthy Summer Sides, like Baked French Fries. 1/4 cup honey (raw honey tastes SO much better than those little squeeze bears) I'm Angela Davis, a PNW native, mom of lots of kids, and I love saving money. Yes, you can still eat clean and enjoy a lovely home-cooked BBQ without sacrificing flavor. There’s no end to the delicious meals this easy sauce can make even better! The texture should be silky, and the color quite dark. Add onions and cook for 5-6 minutes until translucent then stir in the garlic and cook one additional minute until fragrant. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Thank you so much for this, I’ll add it into the notes. About: Quick and fun video recipes and also amazing facts about food ! You can keep it chunky, but it will then be a pain to bottle it, and to pour it as well. 3 ingredients bbq sauce Quick simple no cooking required kids love it. rss link. Yield: 12 Servings, Amount per serving: 56 calories, Calories: 56g, Carbohydrates: 12g, Protein: 1g, Fat: 1g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Sodium: 482mg, Potassium: 344mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 9g, Vitamin A: 695g, Vitamin C: 7.1g, Calcium: 22g, Iron: 1.2g. As you can imagine finding foods, sauces, most anything without corn syrups or starches in them (by any name it goes by) is DIFFICULT. All images and text © for Cooking Made Healthy. I'm here to help you live well on a budget by making every penny count. Je veux tester la recette ce weekend pour en mettre sur des burgers mais je n'ai pas de melasse. The small amount of brown sugar used in this barbecue sauce is much better for you than many sweeteners you’ll find in store bought brands that often use high fructose corn syrup. Your email address will not be published. This BBQ sauce recipe is perfect for meatloaf and slow-cooker pulled pork sandwiches. on June 16, 2019 21:05. who dont love to eat! Finally 1 tablespoon of tomato puree. This BBQ sauce recipe is perfect for meatloaf and slow-cooker pulled pork sandwiches. My husband is completely obsessed with finding sauces and dressing without high fructose corn syrup. 1 cup ketchup Enjoy. It really is crazy how many things corn is in. Shared on April 15, 2020 This post may contain affiliate links which means I make a small commission if you make a purchase at no additional cost to you. Notify me of followup comments via e-mail. I love the ingredients graphics! This sounds really good but the other problem for Gluten free people would be the soy sauce. As a professionally trained chef of 12 years, I've learned to make delicious, flavorful and healthy food you can enjoy while feeling good about what you're cooking. Below are all the steps but if you wanna watch a video instead, help yourself : These are the key ingredients of a bbq sauce. Helping you live well on a budget in the Pacific Northwest. Seems like that would taste awesome! In terms of control, that is not optimal, so this recipe is gonna address that. Apple cider vinegar: To me 3 Tbsp is plenty but if you want it a little more sour feel free to add more to taste. Pretty sure nobody is eating BBQ sauce in an attempt to be healthy. If you’re looking to decrease the amount of high fructose corn syrup or just want food without 192 ingredients, you definitely need to try out this incredibly simple 3-Ingredient BBQ Sauce. If you want to jazz it up even more, add about a teaspoon or so of adobo sauce from a can of chipotle peppers. Oh, can’t wait to try this! Can you put this sauce inside the meatloaf? This homemade BBQ sauce is made in one pan on your stovetop. facebook link I am not as experienced as you so I would really like to have the measurements!!!!!!!! Heart Healthy Recipes Low Calorie Recipes Low Carbohydrate Recipes Low Fat Recipes One-Pot Sauces Summer Vegan Recipes Vegetarian Recipes, Your email address will not be published. Obviously, you’ll have to find a ketchup sweetened with regular sugar or cane sugar to completely avoid the HFCS situation. Published by. Measure add stir. Nothing to accomplish for ones health with this one. There’s Texas-Style, Kansas-City Style and plenty more. You probably have all the ingredients in your pantry right now! (or one Naga Viper if you really feel like it), finely chopped. Just replace that by dark brown sugar. This BBQ Sauce relies heavily on plant-based ingredients like tomato, onion and garlic for most of its flavor. Homemade BBQ Sauce Recipe Ingredients. Be creative :). Yay!! Easy 3-Ingredient Barbecue Sauce. Read More! Yep go for it. Your email address will not be published. While this isn’t one of those 3 ingredient BBQ sauce recipes (a bi-product of that fact that it’s not a barbecue sauce recipe with ketchup), it is still super simple and its flavor is a dead ringer for the barbecue sauces I’ve tried at legit BBQ joints. 1/4 cup ketchup 1 tbsp A1 steak sauce 1/4 brown sugar Steps. I’ve been wanting to try it but it is a bit more expensive. Pragmatic BBQ Sauce With No Ketchup. You can also subscribe without commenting. This post may contain affiliate links. Do you even know how difficult this endeavor is? If you have more corn free recipes I would love to check them out!! Yes! Where on earth do you find out where the ingredient measurements are (grams , how much)? Of course you can twist that recipe by adding tons of flavors to it. While this isn’t an entirely sugar-free BBQ sauce it does have much less sugar and less net carbs than most store-bought barbecue sauce and other homemade barbecue sauce recipes, without losing the tangy and sweet taste. Tabbie Stone. Save it to your Pinterest board now! BIG HIT. 2 T. Worcestershire sauce. and the Worcestershire sauce is in tablespoons. It tastes better. Did you make this project? Blitz this sauce to a smooth shiny syrup in a food processor. So, feel free to consider this Low Carb BBQ Sauce a healthy jumping off point that you can make tweaks to depending on your favorite barbecue flavors. Read my disclosure policy. Bacon fat looks tantalizing but I would recommend a neutral fat like oil instead, which will make the sauce more versatile. instagram link Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook for 30 minutes until thickened. Like this recipe? Keep it in an air tight jar, in the fridge for about a week, surely more. Reply Food brings love : In return, I love Food ;) If…, Truffles Coated in Freeze Dried Raspberry Powder. All those ingredients influence the final taste : sour, sweet, umami. We make about 16 pints of it at a time. I use 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar, cause it is a staple food in most bbq-y regions. This is a way to cut out some of the garbage ingredients in processed sauces. Sabrina is a trained professional chef who has cooked for private clients for over a dozen years. Business / Personal inquiries : http://www.frenchguycooking.com/contact New video every week ! Required fields are marked *. pinterest link Experienced in handling dietary restrictions, allergies and picky kid eaters, she’s well versed in coming up with healthy, yet flavorful recipes. Brown onions in butter, mix in other ... bring to boil. That’s it! Let’s break it down, BBQ-style. Combine all ingredients. Add in tomato sauce, tomato paste, balsamic vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, paprika, salt and pepper and stir well. 1 cup ketchup 1/4 cup honey (raw honey tastes SO much better than those little squeeze bears) 2 T. Worcestershire sauce. This homemade barbecue sauce is so good, it puts all the store-bought sauces to shame. I can’t wait to try this. Use it to flavor ribs, a beef or pork brisket, pulled pork sandwiches, chicken, or even a vegan burger. See the disclosure policy for more information. Let cool then put into food processor and puree until smooth. I love how simple it is and that I can use a “real” sweetener. It is sugar-free, low carb, and keto-friendly! Ever. Add a cup of water, a pinch of salt, bring to a low simmer and reduce the sauce down for at least an hour. So glad you found it. You'll find deals at your local stores, ways to save online, recipes, and frugal living tips and inspiration. Fantastic range of boards from best recipes and tips for frugal living to gardening and budgeting help. Here are the ketchup brands without high fructose corn syrup I could find: Looking forward to grilling (or already started)? Add more salt at the end, if needed. Which means low-sodium and decreases the amount of sweetener. Barbecue sauce is as well loved as it is heavily debated. Sign up for daily recipes and receive a Free E-Cookbook! This is my NEWest favorite BBQ sauce. Brown ribs and pour off fat. Gives it just a bit of a kick and a nice, smokey flavor. Healthy BBQ Sauce has all the rich, smoky, and tangy flavors you love with less sugar and no ketchup! Share it to your friends and family! I’ve actually used it to “baste” my meatloaf a few times and it’s delicious. You can’t much easier than that! Even my parents make it all the time! A few recipes ideas for you: Find more delicious recipes on our Recipe Page! I will have to try it. Tomato Sauce … You could start with fresh tomatoes but this stuff is packed with umami. The sauce’s tangy and sweet flavors, and easy recipe are sure to make it one of your new go-to condiments. Made with tomato, paprika, garlic, and brown sugar. Your email address will not be published. The honey and ketchup are both in “cup” measurements (I updated above!) In terms of control, that is not optimal, so this recipe is gonna address that. Fry those ingredients in fat, will it be oil, butter or bacon fat. Later in the post you’ll find some changes you can make to have completely Keto BBQ Sauce. Great job! Although using less sugar makes it low carb, this BBQ sauce still isn’t Keto. . The total time is just under 40 minutes. This barbecue sauce also uses tomato paste and sauce, and no ketchup. See the disclosure policy for more information. Molasses: use unsulphured molasses (you can read about the differences of unsulphured vs. sulphured here). 5 mins Ingredients. And, you know, it tastes good. I hope that helps! This post may contain affiliate links.