You saved Easy Homemade Meatballs to your. Cook the onions for 6 to 7 minutes stirring frequently. If it doesn't it is probably missing salt. Easy . Roll the meatball mix into 1.5 – 2 inch balls. Pack meatballs into freezer containers or zipper bags, label and date, and freeze up to a year. -Falls apart even more when moving them. You don’t want to have to look up the recipe for the cook-time later so always label them with the temperature and time. Then transfer the meatballs to a clean baking sheet and freeze for 1 hour. When using right away, another option is to let the. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. I just didn’t know where or how to start. © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot, Nutrition Bake the meatballs before placing in a crockpot with sauce. This recipe was originally published in 2014. Thanks for the feedback! If using right away, add them to your big pot of marinara sauce. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. Meatballs are easy and fun to make from scratch. Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. The parsley is optional, however I highly recommend adding it in if you’re making them with spaghetti. Question 2: if I freeze the uncooked meatballs, do I need to thaw them before baking them? Lynette is the home cook, recipe tester and photographer for Cleverly Simple which she created in 2010. Your email address will not be published. It adds tons of extra flavor. If I am going to use them to top spaghetti I will freeze them raw and then cook them before serving. Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. Heat the oven to 350 F. In a large bowl, combine the egg, water, breadcrumbs, onion, salt, and pepper and combine. The best part is that these meatballs freeze beautifully after they're baked. Be sure to pass all of the pulp through the holes leaving only the stems and the seeds, and be sure to scrape the pulp off of the bottom of the food mill. By using this site, you are agreeing to the site’s terms of use. If I have pork on hand, I like to use 1/2 pound ground beef and 1/2 pound ground pork. Bring the pot to a medium-high heat and cook the pancetta for 4 to 5 minutes. You can also cook in a pan with 2 Tablespoons oil over medium-high heat for 7-10 minutes, or until cooked through. Your article gave me a fast and delicious way to have decent meals. If desired, add the cooked meatballs to your favorite sauce until submerged (this brings out the moistness). Add beef … Meatball recipes; This competition is now closed. If you don’t have fresh garlic or onion on hand, sub with garlic and onion powder. Combine the meat, egg, breadcrumbs, cheese, salt, garlic, onion, black pepper and parsley in a bowl. Southern-cuisine expert and cookbook author Diana Rattray has created more than 5,000 recipes articles in her 20 years as a food writer. Snap a pic and hashtag it #IHeartNaptime — We love to see your creations on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter! Rewarm in the oven or stove for a few minutes, tossing occasionally until heated through. Tired of eggs or cereal for dinner I decided to change all that. So easy to make, juicy and flavorful. Break the ground beef into chunks, then add it to the bowl. These baked meatballs are always on our monthly rotation. Question 1: are they to be baked uncovered if being baked as soon as I make them (ie. Some people like 'em big some people like 'em small. You can make these ahead and freeze them for a busy day or add them to a big plate of noodles and spaghetti sauce for a simpler delicious dinner. Coat a large saute pan with olive oil, add the onions and bring to a medium-high heat. This sauce can also be cooled and stored in the refrigerator for a few days and freezes really well. If not using right away, they can be frozen for later use. Let the meatballs cool, then store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Info. The mixture should be quite wet. Enjoy! If you’re serving these with a sweet and sour sauce or making my crockpot meatballs, I recommend leaving it out. Add the water and do 1 final really good squish. One pound of ground beef will make 22 meatballs with this recipe. I was looking for some easy recipes with ground beef in my little recipe box I received for our wedding. Meanwhile, heat marinara sauce in a pot over medium-low heat. The Spruce / Diana Chistruga. A standard meatball is 1 inch in diameter, which is a good size for most uses. Coat a large saucepot with olive oil and add the pancetta. Place on ungreased, rimmed baking sheets. Question 3: should the pre-frozen meatballs be baked covered or uncovered? Amount is based on available nutrient data. Serve with pasta and sauce or just eat them straight out of the pot! Sometimes I’ll even add in ground pork to make them a little juicier. I Heart Naptime is a food and lifestyle blog sharing easy recipes and tips, to help families create unforgettable moments. All rights reserved. Lynette’s recipes and projects have been featured in Country Living, Good Housekeeping, House Beautiful and others. We use cookies to ensure you receive the best experience on our site. The onions should become very soft and aromatic but have no color. Add the garlic and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes stirring frequently. Hi, I’m Lynette. Coat a large saute pan with olive oil and bring to a medium-high heat. Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. Bake uncovered for 17-20 minutes, or until no longer pink in the middle. This is the recipe for easy homemade meatballs that my mother used growing up. These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. Hi! I just cook them on low for 2-3 hours for an easy dinner later on! Information is not currently available for this nutrient. 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves, 2 large Spanish onions, cut into 1/4-inch dice, 4 large garlic cloves, smashed and chopped, 4 (28-ounce) cans Italian plum San Marzano tomatoes, Sign up for the Recipe of the Day Newsletter Privacy Policy. I used 85% for this recipe. This easy meatball recipe is so easy to make and come out juicy and flavorful every time. -Super moist To make these Italian meatballs, you’ll need the simple ingredients below. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. I thought it was about time I started using these treasured recipes that people gave us before my husband and I were betrothed. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. And because these are so easy to make and super flavorful, I have no problem with that! It’s great for freezer cooking. And I want to share them with you. These budget-friendly, Middle Eastern-inspired lamb meatballs make a simple yet tasty supper, served with fruity chutney and crisp wholemeal pittas 40 mins . Season the onions generously with salt and cook for about 5 to 7 minutes. Looking forward to more great ideas. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. © 2020 Discovery or its subsidiaries and affiliates. Can you bake meatballs in a crockpot? Required fields are marked *. Mix all ingredients together in large bowl. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Don’t over mix! If I completely omit the table salt, how would the nutritional value look like for sodium? Season in baby steps and taste every step of the way. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Season generously with salt and TASTE IT!!!! This recipe gives me the so many options for healthy and tasty meals without spending hours cooking and preparing for. In a basic meatball, the egg and breadcrumbs act as a binder that holds the ground beef together. Form the mixture into meatballs about 1 inch in diameter and place on a broiler pan or a pan with sides topped with a wire rack. 26 Comments. Sometimes I’ll even make my own homemade tomato sauce if I have some fresh tomatoes on hand. They can replace store-bought frozen meatballs in any recipe and save your family money. Answer 1 and 3 – I prefer to bake them uncovered. These are the best oven baked meatballs! Over-mixing can make the meat tough. Make sure to flip the meatballs halfway through so that the bottoms don’t burn! If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. We also love to serve with garlic bread. Since pork is a bit fattier, it makes the meatballs super tender. Here’s the big news. Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Hope that helps and let me know if I can help any further. Required fields are marked *, Rate this recipe Best wishes. Then place in a food processor and pulse into crumbs. My desire is to help women who feel uninspired weave time honored recipes into their routines to create a sense of simplicity. (Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate. They’re perfect for appetizers, subs or on top of spaghetti! Combine all ingredients in large bowl. ★☆ What fat content did your ground beef half? Why did I not take advantage of this more before? Break the ground beef into chunks, then add it … If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. ★☆ Sure, it’s easy to rip open a bag of meatballs you bought at the store. In a large bowl combine the meats, eggs, Parmigiano, parsley and bread crumbs. Subscribe to receive a FREE 7 day meal plan! Yes, you can make them up to 3 days advance. We liked it very much. Yes, you can definitely freeze the leftovers, or make a double batch for later. They're perfect for appetizers, meatballs subs or on top of spaghetti. Pass the tomatoes through the food mill. If you don’t have breadcrumbs in your pantry you can use crushed crackers. Thanks so much for your kind words and I hope you’ll find more inspiration as you follow along! All you need to do is allow them to cool. If you’re planning to freeze these, placed them in shallow baking tin. I just throw them in the crockpot frozen with the sauce and let them cook all day long. What fat content of ground beef makes the best meatball? Make as many batches as you want by scaling up the recipe, then keep them on hand in the freezer for easy meal prep any time.