on Big Stakes for Suzuki’s Joan Mir at MotoGP Valencia Ricardo Tormo circuit, on Ducati Team returns to Valencia for the penultimate Grand Prix of the 2020 MotoGP season, Back to 2012 Royal Enfield Motorcycle Model Review Page. "It's a 2002 Royal Enfield Bullet ES (electric start), but I use the kicker most of the time. The Bullet 500 is a seamless pairing of the majestic Bullet styling, performance and reliability with the new technology elements like the Electronic Fuel Injection synergized seamlessly with the period styling.The Bullet 500 is all about romancing with history on today’s terms. Supporting over Motorcyclists and Motorcycling for 21 great years. What I am into though is simplicity. Nuts and bolts, bits of metal and tubes. The footrests are a little further forward than I'm used to and the seating position makes me feel very much like I'm sat on top of the bike, not within it. The stock Bullet is fine if you just want to plod around town, but I'm an old Rocker and I want to go fast! The Bullet 500 combines Royal Enfield’s most iconic model with its robust and reliable new UCE engine to create a modern bike that brings simple pleasures back to motorcycling. Read 30 user reviews of Royal Enfield Bullet 500. Obviously it will appeal to people into classic bikes. Thump thump thump thump. This has thoroughly modern injection and ignition but otherwise it is mostly old technology in a new machine. I'm sorry to say I could barely feel my fingers. The clutch works fine, the gears are remarkably positive, the brakes are effective both front and rear and the handling, although different from modern machines is quite good. eval(ez_write_tag([[300,250],'totalmotorcycle_com-medrectangle-3','ezslot_7',118,'0','0']));Built in the image of the legendary iron barrel Bullet 350, the Bullet 500 embodies the the rugged simplicity and timeless style the made the Royal Enfield Bullet popular across the world for more than 50 years. Know exact mileage, ownership experience, common pros and cons of Bullet 500 though customer reviews. facebook; tweet; google+; The Royal Enfield Bullet/ Classic series of bikes is their successful design line in India which’s primarily since they are robust and trustworthy, even in extreme weather. LET ME KNOW! Tags: Review. "It's a 2002 Royal Enfield Bullet ES (electric start), but I use the kicker most of the time. The Enfield is a match for the non Japanese made Jap bikes . There's no annoying fairings and trim panels with flimsy clips that break and never fit as well as they first did. Owner and Founder of Total Motorcycle. Like its predecessors, it is powered by a 499cc single cylinder engine with a bore and stroke of 84mm x 90mm. Yamaha Motor Europe Announces Exciting 2021 EMX250 Line-Up, GNCC Beta Factory Race Team Signs Cory Buttrick, Harley-Davidson Refocusing on Company’s Grassroot Heritage Competitive Spirit. Touring in the Batmobile: The Slingshot Effect. I can feel the piston casually make it's way up and down the long stroke bore with a twitch each time the fuel explodes. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited. And with frugal fuel consumption of 80mpg running costs are modest too. To feel everything as it is and not be protected from it. That, for me, was unacceptable. But it's a barrel of laughs, even if you're mostly laughing at it rather than with it. on Inspiration Friday: 10 Best Biker Movies on Netflix, on Yamaha Motor Europe Announces Exciting 2021 EMX250 Line-Up, on GNCC Beta Factory Race Team Signs Cory Buttrick, on Harley-Davidson Refocusing on Company’s Grassroot Heritage Competitive Spirit. Ignition SystemDigital Electronic Ignition, Fuel SupplyKeihin Electronic Fuel Injection, TypeSingle downtube, using engine as stressed member, Front suspensionTelescopic, 35mm forks, 130mm travel, Rear suspensionTwin gas charged shock absorbers with 5-step adjustable preload, 80mm travel, Brakes Rear153mm Drum, Single Lead Internal Expanding. I'm also curious if the vibration lessens when the motor is fully run in, the demo bike only had around 300 miles on the clock. To be involved and not just a pilot. I changed the rear subframe out to a later style, with the BSA fender carriers, added alloy fenders front and back, Tommaselli adjustable clubmans and a steering damper-it gets a little shaky past 80, but it still handles better than any of my BSAs! It's a brand-new vintage bike!". Taxes, location and other charges may apply. Published on 1 August 2016 by Robert Drane. The gearbox takes a fair bit of practice to get accustomed to, but once you are adept, riding the bike is a pleasurable experience. The all-aluminium, 499cc, single-cylinder, four-stoke, twin spark, air-cooled engine with a 84mm x 90mm bore x stroke produces … "I was always a BSA guy. 2012 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 B5 – Indian Specifications Indian MSRP Price – See dealer for country pricing. The headlight is a larger, 7-inch unit, the taillight is from a Bantam and a reproduction Gold Star muffler gives it the signature 'tweet.' I personally am looking for a bike that I can tour on, mostly at a leisurely pace. Home > 2012 Models > Royal Enfield > 2012 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 B5 Review. I had Motor West in Milwaukee build a proper racing motor: stroker crank (it displaces 615cc now), ported head, race cam, alloy rod, the works. The motor pulses. Since 1932 the Bullet has mesmerized thousands all over the world with its unique styling and one of its kind feel of ride feel. – 2012 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 B5 Review. Big Stakes for Suzuki’s Joan Mir at MotoGP Valencia Ricardo Tormo circuit, Ducati Team returns to Valencia for the penultimate Grand Prix of the 2020 MotoGP season, GNCC 13: Buckwheat 100 and West Hare Scrambles 1 Races, HUSQVARNA MOTORCYCLES THOMAS KJER OLSEN MOVES ON TO MXGP, Special offers this Christmas season with Royal Enfield, 3rd Rider completes Monster Energy Yamaha Factory MXGP team line-up, Open For Holiday Sales Event Savings Indian Motorcycle Coupon, Coupon Holiday Sales Event Savings Are Here with Polaris, Weird illuminati Artwork Erected at Pyramids of Giza in Egypt, “I’m at a loss for words. 2012 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 B5. "Mr. Totalmotorcycle". The Royal Enfield Bullet 500 runs on skinny old tyres and handles OK for something so old fashioned, equipped with such basic forks and shock absorbers. I use to own a 2002 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 ES (Machismo) with carbies and a separate gear box and clutch (pre-unit construction engine). I can only assume it has the mother of all flywheels to turn each of the massive thumps into a gentle rotary motion. Sitting on the bike I realise it's actually quite small. I'm expecting everything to feel somewhat agricultural. Servicing should be a doddle to do yourself or cheap at your local bike shop. It is a good weekend cruiser … I like it a lot, the idea that it can be taken apart. I also made it look right, and lightened it up, too. I am not being wafted along on a magic carpet, I'm riding a bike. All rights reserved. Simple fork shrouds protect the stanchions from the elements. Click photos to enlarge. The clutch lever feels like a lever, I can tell I'm pulling wire through a tube which pulls plates apart. I do feel much more involved though. Royal Enfield eh. The sun never set on the British Empire nor on British bikes, even when they’re made in India . I've got so much money into this one now that I could have bought a perfectly restored Gold Star, though! Why do I like simple? eval(ez_write_tag([[250,250],'totalmotorcycle_com-banner-1','ezslot_3',121,'0','0'])); eval(ez_write_tag([[300,250],'totalmotorcycle_com-large-leaderboard-2','ezslot_2',122,'0','0'])); 2012 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 B5 Features, Unique Features – Styled after the iconic Bullet 350 – Classic one-color design with winged tank badge – All-new, fully-integrated unit construction engine – Improved suspension, higher cruising speeds, and better handling – Incredible 85 mpg fuel economy* – Built to meet Euro III and other modern emissions standards – Industry-leading 2 year, unlimited-mileage manufacturer warranty, eval(ez_write_tag([[336,280],'totalmotorcycle_com-leader-1','ezslot_4',123,'0','0']));* Estimate based on initial mileage reports. Styled in the image of its 1955 namesake, Royal Enfield’s latest 500cc Bullet offers riders classic motorcycling from a brand with a pedigree stretching back to 1901. Filed ... Dominic Castle test rode the Classic 500... Royal Enfield Classic 500 review Specification. Are these forks the issue? It pumps out 22 bhp with the Clubman racer squeezing in an extra 2 bhp. However, the engine is Royal Enfield’s new unit construction design, introduced in 2009, with 5-speed gearbox and wet multiplate clutch, for fuss-free gear changes. When I moved to the U.S. Motorcyclist may receive financial compensation for products purchased through this site. In fact the Bullet 500 is one of the few modern motorcycles to give owners a choice of both kick and electric starting. Someone who wants to really ride a bike in the truest sense of the word. The motor used in Royal Enfield’s Bullet Trials 500 is a long standing motor, to be discontinued this year, used in many generations of the Bullet, now with EFI incorporated to bring it up to date. I wobble my way out of the car park. Then these Royal Enfields came around, another 500cc single, so I decided to try that. It is a pleasurable sensation to thump thump thump through the town, the exhaust is in fact quite loud compared to Japanese bikes. I'd welcome anyone's feedback as I do truly like the character of the bike, just not the excess vibration! The Royal Enfield Bullet 500 is a perfectly fine bike for someone who wants to own a bike more than they want to ride a bike. Simple bikes require simple and readily available tools. With a dab of the starter button the fully electronic fuel injection squirts just the right amount of gas into the motor and it starts perfectly. Brakes, suspension and electrical system have all been updated; the 280mm front disc brake provides relaible stopping power, gas filled rear shock absorbers give a smoother ride and the 12-volt electrics power the halogen headlight, indicators and starter motor. Seems odd but possibly they're enhancing the vibes. I started hanging out in the scene, meeting all the old guys and seeing all their bikes: Triumphs, Nortons, BSAs, Velocettes, you know... As a young, impressionable lad, I was like, 'Wow, that's cool. By custommotorcycle On February 26, 2020 In ROYAL ENFIELD Leave a comment . on Inspiration Friday: Speed Danger Adrenaline & Femmes Fatales! The Bullet 500 can't really go … Everything is accessible and held together with nuts and bolts. It's all just a big fat juicy lump of heavy torque. 2002 Royal Enfield Prices, Values and Specs Select any 2002 Royal Enfield model Formerly a British motorcycle manufacturer, Royal Enfield now operates out of Chennai, India and sells motorcycles in … So who would this bike suit? The steering steers. It's hard to describe but modern machines are so much more clinical and remote. The Bullet 500 is the culmination of over 8 decades of legacy, of the longest running model in continuous production. ROYAL ENFIELD BULLET TRIALS 500 FIRST RIDE REVIEW. It's when the speeds rise in the countryside it changes from pulses through the bars to a teeth rattling, foot itching and finger tingling distraction.