The following sentence is a declarative sentence: My favorite television show has been renewed. Displaying top 8 worksheets found for - Change Declarative To Interrogative Sentences. I was almost thirteen years old and I was wrong.". The cat is the subject of the sentence. He also had four special friends called Dinosaur, Oca, Pedro the Rabbit and Purple.". "By Lemony Snicket. Rooms that are bigger inside than outside...". Retrieved on June 12, 2017, from study.com. He was among those who were still born above. 20"Once upon a time there was a little princess named Nell who was imprisoned in a huge, dark castle on an island in the middle of a sea, with a boy named Harv who was his friend and protector. Declarative sentences don't issue commands, provide instructions, or offer invitations; they simply make a statement or offer an opinion. The subject is about who or what the exact sentence and it tells the subject that it is a predicate. Find out what you know about these types of sentences by answering questions involving a declarative sentence example and one that's in the form of a question. A comma should be used before the conjunction used in the middle of the sentence. Retrieved on June 12, 2017, from thoughtco.com. B. Niether Mike nor Marvin believed in Superman. Hand me that towel before I drop this wet bowl. 20 Declarative Sentences, Examples of Declarative Sentences Declarative sentences, in their simplest form, are sentences that contain a subject and a predicate, with the ability to describe one or more states or events. Of the four kinds of sentences (declarative, interrogative, imperative, exclamatory), it is by far the most common. Declarative Sentences. True False. B. A comma should be used before the conjunction used in the middle of the sentence. C. Job hunting is incredibly depressing right now! Definition of Assertive/Declarative Sentence:. 20.They should take your umbrella because it’s raining. But people also soon realized that he had been very lucky. User: The ozone layer is contained within the ... Weegy: (5x + 3)(5x - 3) = 25x^2 - 9 User: Solve for x. "This Side of Paradise"by Francis Scott Fitzgerald. C. Job hunting is incredibly depressing right now! ", 2-"Whatever it is, I will not tire of repeating that my uncle was a real sage. "Before his tenth birthday, his mother had fed him with pieces of gallant Fêtes, and at eleven he was able to speak with the reminiscences of Brahms, Mozart, and Beethoven.". A simple subject consists of a … ", 12"It would be many years before Max forgot the summer when he discovered, almost by chance, magic. D. Helping verb. Declarative Sentence. A declarative sentence is a sentence that makes a statement – in other words, it declares something. "You do not know Sherlock Holmes yet; He may not be interested in having him constantly as a companion", 10-"Hidden in the broom closet, I hear, my heart beats in the dark and I try not to scare myself, I try to think of something else.". A simple declaratory sentence is the union of a subject and a predicate, as simple as a subject and verb in the present tense. I lived in the city, and I was hired to investigate the robbery, and I thought the girl had nothing to do with it. 3(x + 2) = 12 Weegy: 5x + 3(x - 2) = -2(x + 1) User: Solve ... Weegy: God is not a respecter of persons. A. Political science is the study of past events. What type of action do progressive verbs show? Basically, they make a declaration. Quiz & Worksheet Goals. Retrieved on June 12, 2017, from ucl.ac.uk. For example: You never come to visit me. 12.He wanted to play football, but she wanted to play basketball. "Good omens"by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman. 17"From the castle you could not see anything, the mist and the darkness surrounded it, not even the faintest ray of light showed its presence.". There was no light at the end of the tunnel, and if there was, it was a train approaching.". ). This answer has been confirmed as correct and helpful. They needed Momo, and they wondered how they could have gone without her before. Declarative sentences consist of a subject and a predicate. Which of the following is an example of a declarative sentence? Declarative Sentences. 11-"I have looked with your eyes, I have listened with your ears, and I tell you that it is the indicated one: or at least, the most appropriate thing that we are going to find. 4-"They know that the reason why Mama proposed that there were no gifts this Christmas was because the winter is going to be hard for everyone, and thinks that we should not spend money on tastes while our men suffer so much in the front.". A. Types of Declarative Sentences . D. Precisely when were you going to tell me that? For example: The sun is a star. Regular verb Weegy: They are always focused on a main idea is the accurate statement about paragraphs. Weegy: The hydrosphere contains the earth's water. Here's the main point of difference. Most of the sentences of English language are assertive sentences. Declarative sentences can be identified by the fact that they begin with a capital letter and end with a full stop (.) The Declarative Sentence. "Fairy Oak: The Secret of the Twins"by Elisabetta Gnone. 7-"It all happened in 1932, when the state penitentiary was still in Cold Mountain. D. I spend my leisure time reading books. Even when he often broke the samples of minerals by treating them without proper care, he linked the genius of the geologist with the insight of the mineralogist. A declarative sentence makes a statement, gives an explanation, conveys a fact or provides information. A compound declarative joins two related phrases together with a conjunction and a comma. B. 19.She objected at first, but finally submitted. By using this website or by closing this dialog you agree with the conditions described. Weegy: The real purpose of adding garnishes to a dish is to make it visually stimulating. C. Actually C. Spanish isn't a foreign language if you're Mexican. What is a declarative sentence? If the sentence describes more than one situation, conjunction is usually used in these sentences. Therefore, he was not as skinny or as pale as those who had been born in the Metro and had never dared to surface. Declarative Sentences are used to form statements. Imperative C. Interrogative Hand me that towel before I drop this wet bowl. ", "In that same town and in one of those same houses (which, in fact, time and years had mistreated a great deal), lived long ago, when the territory was still an English province, a good Man, whose name was Rip Van Winkle. 10.This is a frustrating book to no end. 11.Baby wakes up if we make too much noise. 5-"Things are not all so comprehensible or as easy to express as we would usually be led to believe. "Someone flew over the cuckoo's nest"by Ken Kesey. FANBOYS is a memory device used to help students remember what type of conjunctions? ", 16"There was a city, and there was a child, and there was a robbery. Declarative Sentence Example and Meaning Table of Contents Declarative Sentence ExampleWhat is a Declarative Sentence?Basic Form of Declarative SentenceComplex Form of Declarative SentenceInterrogative sentencesImperative sentencesExclamatory sentences Declarative Sentence Example While trying to learn the English language, you may encounter many situations where you … Earn a little too. User: Which of the ... WINDOWPANE is the live-streaming social network that turns your phone into a live broadcast camera for streaming to friends, family, followers, or everyone. "All the Wrong Questions: Who Can Be At This Time? Imperative and declarative sentences are sometimes confused because each of them can end with a period. Answer: False. Otherwise, it is possible to lose points, especially in essay missions. A. "Stardust: Powder of stars"by Neil Gaiman. C. Adverb 15-"Louis Creed, who became fatherless at age three and did not meet his grandparents, did not expect to find a father in his late thirties, but this was exactly what happened. Basic English Sentence Structures Declarative Sentences. (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); "The Diamond Age: Illustrated Handbook for Teens"by Neal Stephenson. Which of the following words is an example of an adverb? Declarative sentences, in their simplest form, are sentences that contain a subject and a predicate, with the ability to describe one or more states or events. ", 14-"Every night, when the oak square clock struck twelve o'clock, witches and wizards of Fairy Oak called the fairy nannies to know what their little ones had done during the day.". Retrieved on June 12, 2017, from k12reader.com. Which of the following is an example of a declarative sentence? With the hammer, the punch, the compass, the torch and the bottle of nitric acid in his hands, he had no rival.". Definition and Examples of Declarative Sentences. B. Oily Or ellipsis (...). A. Lively Updated 105 days ago|7/31/2020 6:32:40 AM. 6-"Artyom was already more than twenty years old. My favorite television show has been renewed. This kind of sentence is used to share information – for instance, stating your point of view or a fact. 18-"I have seen things that are hard to believe: swirling of light that revolves in deep subterranean caverns, men aging into the past, talking stones and shadows lurking. D. Silly, Which type of word often ends in –ly? The Declarative statements Are sentences that have the function of providing certain information and are the most common type of utterance in any language. 13.A man can not be comfortable without his own approval. Progressive verb A. Laticia weighed herself on the bathroom scale. Examples and definition of a Declarative Sentence. Negatives. We use cookies to provide our online service. True False They differ from other types of sentences because they do not present commands (such as imperative statements), do not pose direct questions (such as interrogative statements) or seek to express surprise (such as exclamatory statements). (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); 20 Declarative Sentences, Examples of Declarative Sentences. Most events are inexpressible; Happen inside an enclosure that never touched any word". The subject may be a simple subject or a compound subject. "Journey to the Center of the Earth"by Jules Verne. Declarative sentences can be identified by the fact that they begin with a capital letter and end with a full stop (.) The real purpose of adding garnishes to a dish is to, Healthcare is considered a blank career field. (Grammar lesson). For example; The cat ran. (With 20 Examples) The Declarative statements Are sentences that have the function of providing certain information and are the most common type of utterance in any language. If the sentence describes more than one situation, conjunction is usually used in these sentences. As with other types of sentences, a declarative sentence can be either simple or compound. English Example Sentences, 20 Sentences with Subject and Predicate 20 Sentences with Subject and Predicate Understanding the subject and predicate is the key to writing a good sentence. ", 8-"There was once a young man who wanted to conquer the Desire of his Heart.". In which one of the following sentences is a word misspelled? 9 Declarative Sentences, Examples of Declarative Sentences, 30 Sentences with Prepositions and Examples, 30 Sentences with Conjunctions, Example Sentences with Conjunctions, 28 Adjective Sentences, Example Sentences with Adjectives, 48 Examples of Gerunds Sentences, English Gerund Sentences, 38 Transition Sentences, Transition Words and Example Sentences. 19-"Everything was black, dark and horrible. 4. "Letters to a Young Poet"by Rainer Maria Rilke. 14.He plays the trumpet, and she plays the trombone. true or false. Share what’s outside your window and all around you. My favorite television show has been renewed.