Mini loaves take me about 20 minutes, and two regular loaf pans take about 40 minutes. Chocolate chips and vanilla sounds like the perfect add-ins and I agree, what a great treat to keep in the freezer! When it came out of the oven, it looked like a brick and my kids made a face. I really do think it’s the best banana recipe that there is! We shall see!! xoxo, Nutrition-Rich Omega 3 Blueberry Breakfast Cookies, 5-Minute Protein Peanut Butter Energy Bites, Chia Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies, Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookie Energy Bites with Chia + Cacao Nibs. Quick and easy packed with yummy flavor. Used 2 HUGE bananas to the oats. That is unless you’re allergic to bananas or oats. It turned out just fine! This recipe was not very good. 1. The other half turned out tastier with vanilla, walnut, raisin, cinnamon. 229 calories; protein 3.8g 8% DV; carbohydrates 34.8g 11% DV; fat 8.8g 14% DV; cholesterol 51.3mg 17% DV; sodium 222.9mg 9% DV. Or combining the oat flour and rolled oats. It's wonderful toasted!! Gluten Free (use GF oats). Naturally the first thing you need is bananas. There wasn’t enough banana for the flour even though they were huge. Add the flour mixture and the buttermilk alternately to the wet mixture, and mix with a hand mixer on low or by hand until combined. Picnic tables all set up under a roof on the water – meet lots of great people. Just use a bit of lemon juice and regular milk to substitute. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.In a separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. What is your opinion on replacing some of the banana with applesauce and/or prunes? I truly believe there’s an ingredient in this banana bread recipe that makes it so good, and moist. Dairy free. !…So loving this….the possibilities are ENDLESS….I’m thinking goji berries and chia seed texture/color “pop” effects! Mix together until well combined. Loved it! TURKEY GIVEAWAY! All in all, great recipe! This recipe was PERFECT! Thanks! I used 4 bananas, 1 cup oat bran, and 2 cups of the oats blended into flour. Brilliant recipe! Yes, definitely! I'm not a big fan of banana bread, but we had three or four bananas wasting away in the pantry so I decided to give this bread a shot. It’s easy, quick, and an addictive recipe you’ll make over and over. Something was missing. These sounded so good, but sadly no one here cared for them. Had my bananas mashed and oats freshly blended. Wow! Made this today and am enjoying one right now. I wanted to let you know that I featured this in my “What I Bookmarked This Week” post – please stop by and check it out. so easy and perfect for breakfast! Some of my favorites (new and old) are: It’s a shame too because these look really good. They are perfect for me since I am new to the kitchen and getting started with making my own food. It was quite moist, too. Thanks much, great treat.. Darn, I knew I shouldn’t have eaten all my chocolate chips out of the bag! Thanks. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. It’s me telling you to mix two things together for sweet satisfaction that you don’t have to feel guilty about. I found this recipe through google. Grandkids will like them also. It's about having the confidence to do what we were made to do. I also added a bit of cinnamon and a teaspoon of honey. GORGEOUS…MADE EASY!! Oooops! I was there last October and did have a couple of great (calorie laden) meals! (Some have stated their ovens do better at baking for 50-55 minutes. New name, though, is Stone Soup Cookies. I love it sooooo much Thank-you. Ground raisins with oats. I can’t believe it takes only 2 ingredients to make these. I’m not wasting my 2 last bananas. I’m trying to get off refined sugars; the sweetness of the banana totally satisfied my sweet tooth. I used steel cut oats because I love the texture, then added walnuts, cinnamon, raisins and vanilla. Thank you for sharing! I used a little vanilla and chocolate chips, per the recommendation. Coconut oil is my favorite for greasing the pan. The original recipe just has too many bananas and not enough flavor. an elite cafemedia food publisher | Site by KC & A+A. But I’ll be honest, it rarely makes it after one day, because we eat it all. The best cookie I have it with my tea. Yum! Can't wait though. And he actually ordered me breakfast simply because I found it for him… These were great! . you can also take all the images from me page you want!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The one thing I have never been able to make is a good banana bread. Super easy and I’m sure super tasty. It is so delicious. With sweet breads and muffins, you should always just stir to moisten. Required fields are marked *. I tried the recipe again today and followed the advice of other reviewers by adding 1 t vanilla, doing a combo (half c and half c) of brown and regular sugar, using less banana, adding 1/2 t nutmeg, 1/2 t cinammon, and 1 t baking powder, and cutting the temp to 300 degrees. No shame in making these! These are super fun! But after baking the banana sweetness really comes thru. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. These a awful. Or try adding in a couple tablespoons of your favorite healthy oil to the batter, like coconut oil! It’s really close to mine. Also cinnamon to help with sugar regulation. Thanks for this super simple recipe! Did you already spray the parchment paper with oil? If you don’t like the taste, season, or add the chocolate chips/add-ins! The first couple of times they were only tolerable, but I keep tweaking them and they keep getting better and better. So let me reword this…. Did you use an extra ripe banana? Use a little bit of coconut or olive oil as others have said for the “non-stick” aspect of the cookies. My 2 year old loves these for breakfast. The “Barking Crab” was a great dinner. I had to throw the other cup away after sifting through it. Thanks so much for the recipe! The cookies were soft…..Not hard. I know this recipe is from 2013 but I just wanted to let others how I made them! I have to say that if the bread seems dry and dense, chances are you stirred it too much, which is easy to do without even thinking about it. Thank YOU for the meal!! In a separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. I’m making your receipe today! (If you ever add raisins to your cookies, you should try soaking them first! To make banana bread, you’ll need pretty straightforward ingredients. It was our favorite restaurant when we lived there and all the chefs of Boston make sandwiches for them. It was also very easy to make, so I'll probably make it again it we ever have ooky bananas. Thank you for sharing your recipe! Thanks! Thank you . Also Legal Test Kitchen or the New Mexican place in the seaport called Tezmecal I believe. So glad you enjoyed these, Tammy! I used vanilla extract, almond extract, cinnamon, a dash of nutmeg, and cranberries. I saw this on Dr. Oz. I would put these in a “meh, ok, not a disaster, but I probably won’t make them again” category. Maybe bananas should have been more ripe. They *taste* great though, they really feel like a dessert so it’s stopping me from having richer desserts because I know I have these at home. Then you can go back and do the neighborhoods you want to see more of. Just made these this morning and although we enjoyed them, they seemed too dry…did I do something wrong? DRAINED> Then drink the juice! I made a half batch and made half with chocolate chips, which is good for chocolate cravings. But I didn’t make them flat enough. This recipie was great I only subsituted somthing else for each of the ingredients listed. Thank you for letting me know! I make them with some of your suggested additions and they are a hit. 3rd time making this recipe. This banana bread was very moist, despite the fact that I didn't have enough bananas (I compensated for the remaining quantity with some applesauce). :D) and they came out looking like traditional oatmeal cookies. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. I would be sure your bananas are pretty ripe – that way the cookies will be naturally sweet. The batter yeilded 12 good sized muffins that were moist and delicious! I couldn’t be bothered turning on the oven, so I turned to the handy dandy airfryer, since they’re all the rage these days! 4. I make it every week. I used to live in Boston and you must must must go to Papagayo and get a margarita and their fish tacos, and, whatever you do, do NOT miss Flour Bakery!! Drop dough by large tablespoons onto cookie sheet; flatten a bit with a rubber spatula. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. These are delicious and easy to make. I tried these on a whim because I had 4 very ripe bananas. Such a great healthy snack or breakfast cookie , Yummy healthy cookies. I usually just make them with cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla extract, and a little bit of almond extract. Next time I will not put any sugar and will use a bit of honey instead to make it healthier and sweeter. Two ingredients?! GROSS! I made this last year and it was awful. I used three big ripe bananas instead of two and mixed in dried cranberries and white chocolate. If your bananas aren’t ripe enough you can add in some maple syrup, agave, honey etc. . The only thing I would add is that I used cooking spray on my mini loaf pans and the loaves came out clean. Epic fail. So much you can do with them. The texture is perfect. I ended up putting them back in the oven @250 for a couple of hours, drying them out into dog biscuits which were a hit. Jennifer Causey. mix together the flour, baking soda, and salt. These are so yummy! These came out fantastic. I added sunflower seeds and chopped strawberries. If using mini loaf pans, fill each cavities about half way. YES! I used rasins as my add in….it works very well with the bananna and the oats. I have lived in Boston my whole life and it is amazing, especially at this time of the year! Do whatever you want, but do something. I just smelled it & it has a chemical smell to it . I added vanilla extract, shreds of unsweetened chocolate, chopped walnuts, and shredded coconut. They were thicker too. I don’t have a fancy food processor so I tried to be MacGyver and us the only thing I had that resembled a processor–a hand-cranked egg beater. I sprayed the cookie sheet with cooking spray, baked them 10 minutes 350 degrees and we live at high altitude.